I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 7/24/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
This thread was harassment? bullying?

I suppose maybe customer support contacted these players and asked them whether something was going on?

Still odd to see this as harassment.  One would have expected an innocent participant who saw this thread to post something like

"This is hogwash.  I've never played before and have no grudge against anyone - except maybe now I should develop a grudge.  I went after those players because [they looked good on FSS] [insert other truthful answer].  If you dont like competition, play solitaire."

Very clearly it's the same person and if it wasn't they would respond the way you say they would-- absolutely no chance someone who is a first timer would actually "get harrassed and quit the game." It's some idiot who did this embarrassingly bad and is trying to get rid of his alt IDs before he further incriminates himself.
7/24/2015 1:58 PM
Posted by aejones on 7/24/2015 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 7/24/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
This thread was harassment? bullying?

I suppose maybe customer support contacted these players and asked them whether something was going on?

Still odd to see this as harassment.  One would have expected an innocent participant who saw this thread to post something like

"This is hogwash.  I've never played before and have no grudge against anyone - except maybe now I should develop a grudge.  I went after those players because [they looked good on FSS] [insert other truthful answer].  If you dont like competition, play solitaire."

Very clearly it's the same person and if it wasn't they would respond the way you say they would-- absolutely no chance someone who is a first timer would actually "get harrassed and quit the game." It's some idiot who did this embarrassingly bad and is trying to get rid of his alt IDs before he further incriminates himself.
I'd have to agree at this point.  Very amateur work on "their/his" part.
7/24/2015 2:09 PM
lol @ the guy doing the harassing having the username bradycheats.
7/24/2015 2:24 PM
They closed my ticket by saying this:
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delay. We've been investigating the matter and are handling it in accordance to the Fair Play Guidelines. There have been some aliases and we're working with them to make sure they are following the fair play guidelines in all aspects. However, not everyone that you thought was the same person was in fact the same person.
7/24/2015 5:07 PM
Unfortunately I just don't really believe them. It's incredibly sad that I can't "win" in this situation since I can't see the information of the people from the four teams to do my own research. As a result I'll likely be stepping aside since I can't imagine continuing playing with such inept customer support. I'm going to take a few days to think about it before I make any rash decisions-- really lame that this guy gets to "win" and gets what he wants.
7/24/2015 5:08 PM
Also insanely embarrassing for him as a human.
7/24/2015 5:10 PM
Posted by aejones on 7/24/2015 5:07:00 PM (view original):
They closed my ticket by saying this:
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delay. We've been investigating the matter and are handling it in accordance to the Fair Play Guidelines. There have been some aliases and we're working with them to make sure they are following the fair play guidelines in all aspects. However, not everyone that you thought was the same person was in fact the same person.
LOL I determine if its so sad its funny or its so funny because we all know how little WIS cares and pretend like they do.  At this point you have to understand there is no WIS staff, there is at best 1 person who just is making sure nothing comes up like the super fast sim like in Knight a few seasons ago, fixing it if it does happen, and then responding to user tickets.  Heck its probably 1 entire person in charge of that for all the wis games combined.  There is no staff, no one working on anything new, no one doing anything, just maintaining wis at its current stage.  IF there is someone they suck at their job and should be fired.

They are clearly not working on people with multiple aliases.  It's evident.

Honestly a database of users with multiple id's needs to be complied and checked, have WIS find the rest that aren't forthcoming.

Or figure out why people have alternate id's as I assume their is really only 3 reasons
  1. Have more teams, some people simply have time and money(or win enough) who want to play as much(addicts) - solution add more teams, if we aren't going to fill the worlds up at least let the people who want more teams get them.
  2. Have more teams in the faster or slower worlds.  Basically the same thing but more for the reason of the speed of the worlds maybe 7 teams isn't enough for someone in the 1x, but they can't manage 2x because of their daily schedule, but have plenty of time for their 1x.  or the 1x are too slow and want more 2x worlds.  Solution figure out the amount of people with multiple id's and how that would work for a x number of new worlds that would maintain a similar population to the current worlds or what the population would drop to without the id's.
  3. Being able to move up divisions without having to leave a school where they have a long history.  Solution sucks but if you want to cure cheating you have to absolutely forbid any form of multiple id's.  This means coaches would have to choose which id's to take in worlds where they have the 2 or more teams.  It would really suck for some people especially those with long histories and following the guidelines of fairplay.  But if you want to fix the multiple user problem you can't allow it one bit, its a black or white issue, yes or no.  If you give a little leeway people will take advantage.
Now you must think I might be against 2 id's but I'm not, I'm pretty vocal or vocal enough that people I interact with know I have 2 id's.  this and viva_il_re.  I follow all the guidelines and 1 time when I didn't follow the guidelines by accident when I first made my alternate ID I left once the season was complete and it sucked because that team I left had a bunch of underclassmen that were talented and I knew would be really good, and were.  They went to the E8 that season, and then the coach that brought them there managed to apply for the same job I did and get the job over me because of that E8 season which I couldve had.  I've also had to move other teams because I wanted to move up and it would conflict with the 1000 mile rule.  Now my reasoning does fall into one of the 3 reasons I suspect most people fall under, mine being for the 2 a day worlds.  I do have 1x world teams that I put a lot of energy and time into, but I certainly favor my 2x teams more and would instantly drop all my 1x(I'd be a bit sad) to start in new 2x worlds.

Again figure out why people have 2 id's and then either create worlds and allow resumes to transfer so if I have 2 id's in the 2x let me transfer one resume over into the new 2x and apply for a job based on that resume so not everyone has to start fresh, it might be a little unfair to people who don't have two ID's having to start at D3 where someone could theoretically start at Kansas.  Or if people have 2 id's but they do not overlap, allow them to exchange them all to one id, so for example if you have 2 teams on 1 ID and 1 on a second, allow the 1 team on the second to be incorporated into the new id and just replace all the records of the second ID to the name of the first.  That would fix all double ID issues, and now unless there is another reason that makes enough plausible sense, then anyone left with 2 id's is either super reluntant to change and accept the terms or can be assumed to be cheating.

Wow sorry for the long rant and somewhat change in direction this went.

7/24/2015 5:59 PM (edited)
ages ago, I suggested and I will again propose a simple rule

Everyone who has more than one user name should be required to DISCLOSE the connection.  This should apply to the same person and also to siblings, spouses and other close connections.

IF someone is found to have an alias without having disclosed it, severe penalties apply including the assumption that coincidences are collusion.  Other connections wthout disclosure would be punished in the discretion of admin.

7/24/2015 7:38 PM
This is the final post in the ticket:
There wasn't clear evidence that all the accounts you mentioned were run by the same person. This kind of issue in recruiting is a very tough thing for us. We want people to have fun and play fairly of course. We have to give a user the benefit of the doubt, so unless there's very clear evidence, we don't feel right punishing people. It would be a slippery slope to start punishing every marginal case.
7/31/2015 12:42 AM
it sounds like there was 1 ******* with multiple accounts and then one/two other innocent guys who just happened to jump on players at the same time. maybe it wasn't that way but their responses are pretty clear that not everyone is the same person but some aliases were in play. so they probably worked on the main offender and are giving the other folks the benefit of the doubt.

doesn't sound like a terribly unreasonable response other than the part where it took more than a month...
7/31/2015 2:08 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/31/2015 2:08:00 PM (view original):
it sounds like there was 1 ******* with multiple accounts and then one/two other innocent guys who just happened to jump on players at the same time. maybe it wasn't that way but their responses are pretty clear that not everyone is the same person but some aliases were in play. so they probably worked on the main offender and are giving the other folks the benefit of the doubt.

doesn't sound like a terribly unreasonable response other than the part where it took more than a month...
and the part where jones still got ******
7/31/2015 2:10 PM
it is certainly possible that some of the names were abusive and others got involved - as they are entitled to do - when they saw the battles etc.
7/31/2015 3:06 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/31/2015 3:06:00 PM (view original):
it is certainly possible that some of the names were abusive and others got involved - as they are entitled to do - when they saw the battles etc.
Incredibly, incredibly unlikely that they ALL got involved at the same cycle, all decided it would be their only season in Hd, ever (!), and all decided to go after Westminster (A+) players, regardless of distance.

What actually happened is some guy probably registered all four accounts to his family members/relatives and then used the same IP address and when confronted about it simply said his whole family played hd for one season and just happened to not like it, and that there's nothing more that can be "proved." I would bet a lot this is what happened. Anyway, I'm going to cut back on teams and eventually stop plying just a little sooner than k would have since this guy plus his family can't be outed. Whatever
7/31/2015 5:21 PM
Posted by aejones on 7/31/2015 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Incredibly, incredibly unlikely that they ALL got involved at the same cycle, all decided it would be their only season in Hd, ever (!), and all decided to go after Westminster (A+) players, regardless of distance.

What actually happened is some guy probably registered all four accounts to his family members/relatives and then used the same IP address and when confronted about it simply said his whole family played hd for one season and just happened to not like it, and that there's nothing more that can be "proved." I would bet a lot this is what happened. Anyway, I'm going to cut back on teams and eventually stop plying just a little sooner than k would have since this guy plus his family can't be outed. Whatever
I would agree that this is exactly what happened.
7/31/2015 6:43 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 7/31/2015 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by aejones on 7/31/2015 5:21:00 PM (view original):

I would agree that this is exactly what happened.
+1
8/1/2015 6:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
I feel confident that I'm being targetted... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.