I targeted this D2 guy with my D3 team Yeshiva.  He didn't like me, even after I offered him a guaranteed start and minutes.  I completed my signings on 6/29 at 11:00 am and made no further recruiting effort, obviously.  

6/30 8:00 am cycle this D2 recruit emails me this:
Coach, while I appreciate the offer, the truth of the matter is that it's very unlikely I'll be playing for you next season. I have some options which are pretty appealing right now and I just don't know enough about Yeshiva to possibly say yes. I'll keep it in mind though in case my other options fall apart.

Isaac Singh

6/30 11:00 am cycle he emails me again:
From the little I know of Yeshiva, it seems like you have a nice program, but honestly, I can't give you an answer yet. I just don't have all the information I need.

Isaac Singh

6/30 5:00 pm cycle yet another email:
If I had to give you an answer, it would be YES, but luckily I don't have to give you an answer just yet - I need more time. This is a huge decision to make.

Isaac Singh

All this time he's been considering another school.  Why would he be turning to me AFTER all my schollys are filled and with no recruiting effort to him since 6/27 when he declined 10 guaranteed minutes?
6/30/2015 6:40 PM
and now this at 8:00 pm

Coach, honestly, the offer is great, but I don't know enough about you or the program to be able to say yes at this point.

Isaac Singh
7/1/2015 12:06 AM
sounds like a bug, let CS know so they can track it before recruiting ends maybe
7/1/2015 12:42 AM
did you ever send  coach call and see if he was a pulldown or not interested?

Maybe he was a pulldownable recruit and the minutes/start wasn't enough so they were rejected and then he dropped down later and the minutes/start are what he was going on about?
7/1/2015 1:39 AM
and then he doesn't like me again?  The player ended up not signing with anyone...

Yes I did the coach call and got the usual backup message:
Hey Coach, thanks for the call to chat about Isaac Singh. I know my players pretty well and I really think that he's expecting to play at a higher level. Of course if he doesn't get the attention he's looking for then you may have a shot.

I don't remember if I mentioned this to you already or not, but we primarily run a flex offense. Relative to the other kids on the team, I'd say his knowledge of the flex is average. 

Defensively, we primarily play man to man defense. 

Brian Gallagher
Head Basketball Coach
Webster Christian HS

7/1/2015 6:06 AM
Once, when I had a mysterious recruiting session, I realized that I never offered a scholarship to the player
7/1/2015 6:55 AM
all these messages are in response to the scholarship offer
7/1/2015 6:32 PM
Are you sure you didn't "Offer" him a scholarship, but used up all you had with other signings?  It sounds like he had dropped and wanted to sign, but you did not have an open slot.
7/1/2015 8:14 PM
Well yes of course that's what happened, but why would he THEN tell me he wants to play for me?
7/1/2015 10:01 PM
recruits lower their standards as recruiting continues - he didnt get an offer he liked better and then became interested.

the coach's message says that you are a backup option - he may get interested if he doesnt get a better offer.  That tends to mean that you COULD pull him down - see threads on pulldowns

I assume that the school that he was considering never made an offer.  He got interested in your school when they dropped away.  One way that can happen quickly is if the other school decided not to pursue him and sent him an intend to redshirt message.  That can lead to them dropping from his radar and leave you as the only school that has made worthwhile effort.

Its like closing time in a bar.
7/5/2015 5:06 AM
It was a SIM coached team...this guy didn't end up signing with anyone.  sucks for me lol
7/5/2015 2:51 PM
if it was a SIM coached team, some of what was said in the thread above would not apply
7/5/2015 3:21 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.