D2 Pre-poll nomination thread Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 7/1/2015 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Heres the D2 pre-poll thread for your nominations and discussion before the poll.

Some quick facts out of the 100 D2 seasons(past 10 each world) there has been 78 different coaches to win a NC.  17 have won multiple NC.  6 have won multiple without losing

At D2 there were more coaches who I'd consider elite but are probably not going to fair well due to just 1 team.  These are coache like devilow14 whose Mount Olive team has been terrorizing Crum with 2 NC 3 F4 1 E8 and 1 S16 in the past 10 seasons.  Or getbedarded whose Iba team Lander has dominated with 2 NC 3 F4 2 E8 and 1 S16 in the past 10 seasons.

There were also some coaches who were punished with the cutoff as there were some coaches who if we went back 15 seasons would've added another championship, or multiple(emy)

I made a excel spreadsheet of the NC winning coaches compiled their NC wins, NC losses, F4, E8, and S16 appearances at D2 in the past 10 seasons.  If they had a school for less than 3 seasons and no S16 or better I did not count it as a team.  I didn't use seasons either as I have somewhat of a life and wasn't going to count how many seasons a coach has played.

Here is the final spreadsheet for you guys to look at and base judgement upon.(please inform of mistakes, I am just 1 person)

Here are the leaders for each category:

NC's - 3 (bluena and trophaeum)
NC loss - 4 (daveredden)
NC appearances -6 (daveredden)
F4 losses - 8 (cjwolf)
E8 losses - 6 (alblack56)
S16 losses-  12 (emy1013)

Personally I'm looking at daveredden, emy1013, trophaeum, cjwolf, robinhood410 as my top 5 no order right now just based on stats.

On a side note, I didn't take into consideration any alternate ID's unless they won a NC, so if coaches have an alternate ID and theres a few of them I can add those stats in as I think its worthy as its best coach not best ID.

Just a quick PSA:  By doing this I am not considering myself good or anything, I'm not devaluing certain coaches personally or saying coaches aren't good/bad.  I'm just doing my best to engage the forums with some fun topics.

This is pretty cool, thanks for putting it together the0nlyis. I really enjoy HD, and would love to have more teams but I have too many real life responsibilities! Pretty awesome to have my name mentioned with many of these other coaches. 
7/1/2015 5:46 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 7/1/2015 10:50:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure about the others, but daveredden is superclass all the way, and thus should not be in consideration.  A monkey could, and should, win regularly with that setup... especially when in a power conference.
Truer words have never been spoken.
7/1/2015 5:55 PM
Just make it something like last 30 seasons with last 10 counting for 50% next 10 counting for 33% and previous 10 counting for 17%. those are arbitrary numbers, but you get the idea. you have to go back at least ~2 years in real time to get any sort of real sample (and really further than that, i have had a ton of random "not my best teams ever" win titles and a ton of "holy **** this is a legendary team" not even reach the finals).
7/1/2015 6:11 PM
also i won it in season 11 of your silly 10 season rule and got to the finals in season 12 so that's why im telling you to change your system!
7/1/2015 6:12 PM
LOL, so I looked at CMHMS in knight and i literally won it in season 11 and got to the finals in season 12 of that world too. you waited to come out with these rankings to shame me?! westminster doesn't count because ppl are trying to wreck me :(
7/1/2015 6:14 PM
and to complete the post quadfecta i just wanted to say i got a little angry at the rankings and gameplanned for knight and am in the f4. doubt i can keep up this level of enthusiasm once DFS starts up for football and basketball
7/1/2015 6:16 PM
Posted by aejones on 7/1/2015 6:16:00 PM (view original):
and to complete the post quadfecta i just wanted to say i got a little angry at the rankings and gameplanned for knight and am in the f4. doubt i can keep up this level of enthusiasm once DFS starts up for football and basketball
Haha this is exactly what I was talking about with the "light a fire under his ***" comment. Looks like it did just that! So are you gonna actually show up to play in Naismith too where the real competition is at? :)
7/1/2015 7:02 PM
darn, playing a guy who has 12 upperclassmen. 

i have a few decent recruits it really just all depends how busy i am in the few days during the next recruiting cycle(s). 
7/1/2015 7:07 PM
I've won 4 DII titles in Iba  and 2 in Crum. Does that at least get me hon.  mention?
7/1/2015 7:07 PM
Posted by bbunch on 7/1/2015 7:07:00 PM (view original):
I've won 4 DII titles in Iba  and 2 in Crum. Does that at least get me hon.  mention?
They only went back 10 seasons in this poll
7/1/2015 7:31 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 7/1/2015 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by aejones on 7/1/2015 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Haha this is exactly what I was talking about with the "light a fire under his ***" comment. Looks like it did just that! So are you gonna actually show up to play in Naismith too where the real competition is at? :)
My comment about Azamat and I not withstanding, it appears that someone's ego has taken a pretty serious hit in this thread.  Would someone please extend this thing back 30 seasons or so, so he'll calm down?
7/1/2015 9:59 PM
eh, i'm more surprised that there could be 10 better programs based strictly on results even in the last 10 seasons. i have coasted a bit at d3 lately and that's why i didn't say anything in that thread, but my d2 program stays top notch (and all my past d2 programs were as well if you look at them). 
7/1/2015 10:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
okay will i have fixed the google sheet so the coaches should be added.  Brining the number to 74 active coaches with a D2 NC, 40 with multiple NC appearances, and 18 with multiple NC wins.

7/2/2015 1:50 AM
Emy, I take back what I said, but still put Azamat top 10. I have faced a lot of coaches... And I saw a lot of talented ones. He is definetly up there. I was really impressed by Alblack56 when I played with him in Wooden. I see him in Rupp too. I was also truly impressed with Trophaeum... But I have to put Aejones first for sure.

Here is my new top 10.

1. Aejones
2. Alblack56
3. Trophaeum
4. Oldresorter
5. Mattstarks
6. Emy
7. Azamat
8. Rogelio
9. Bcnopolis
10. Daveredden

Again, it's a lot tougher to evaluate DII coaches. There are so many good coaches.
7/2/2015 8:32 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
D2 Pre-poll nomination thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.