D2 Pre-poll nomination thread Topic

Looks like my numbers are all wrong on that spreadsheet, btw.
7/3/2015 10:57 AM
Best D2 Coach

1. colonels19

7/4/2015 9:53 AM
D2 is so hard to measure coaching over a small sample size because there is so much parity. The best team in D2 could easily lose in the first round of the NT. That will never happen at D1 or D3. With that parity, luck plays a huge factor in championships. Certainly the best coaches will get there the most often over a large sample size. But using only 10 seasons makes luck too big of a factor. 
7/4/2015 10:52 AM
Posted by jwinner5 on 7/4/2015 10:53:00 AM (view original):
D2 is so hard to measure coaching over a small sample size because there is so much parity. The best team in D2 could easily lose in the first round of the NT. That will never happen at D1 or D3. With that parity, luck plays a huge factor in championships. Certainly the best coaches will get there the most often over a large sample size. But using only 10 seasons makes luck too big of a factor. 
I def think D2 will be the hardest and most wide open race.

I'm planning on having 10 coaches in the poll as that is the max and then allowing write in votes for first place as well.
7/4/2015 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I should be tied for first on the list of title game losses at D2 in the last ten seasons. One at Erskine (Iba), two at Mercyhurst (Phelan), one at Concord (Naismith). More a distinction to be frustrated by than proud of, but there it is. 
7/4/2015 12:11 PM
This is so hard to do at DII. I DO NOT belong on this list. However, the last ten season where Virginia Union has been my team (not including the rebuild when I returned to VUU) have been going backwards:

2nd round, sweet 16. NC, E8, brief retirement, s16, then a bad season 2nd rd PI, 1st rd nt, F4, NC. And as a bonus two E8s before the NC. and I'm running zone in knight ??.

I know I don't belong with those top ten coaches, but I think a lot is missed by just going ten seasons and it is very difficult to judge a coach playing in only one world.

7/4/2015 4:26 PM
◂ Prev 1234
D2 Pre-poll nomination thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.