We occasionally see people talk on here about how cool an NBA division would be (and it would be!!), but what about the other end of the spectrum? Think of the fun that could exist in a JUCO division as well.

You'd get your budget (I'm thinking D3-ish cash levels)...and now you go find your players. But do you grab early? Or do you wait to see the ineligibles who get signed by 4 yr schools but decide not to report and have just a crazy feeding frenzy then (obviously this!)? Recruiting would have to change slightly to make it work so JUCOs can go after the ineligibles who don't report (maybe stagger it a little so JUCO recruiting takes place while the exhibition games are playing in D1-3), but the strategic possibilities are crazy and a coach would really have to be on top of the game to maintain a dynasty since things cycle so fast with players coming and going. (which is also nice if you happen to screw the pooch on a recruiting class...)

Thoughts? 
7/1/2015 1:12 PM
If HD had a JUCO division, run the season slightly behind regular HD.  When recruiting was going on at the College level, new Coach signup would be on at JUCO.  Exhibitions, JUCO recruiting is on.  Season for the JUCO would run roughly the same, but you couldn't have a 64 team playoff tree....unless you did away with Conference Tourney and made the National Tourney all at large.

Would really make recruiting interesting, and you would have a TON of one and done guys.  Plenty of JUCO's still exist, but you could also use some of the Post High School Prep programs who recruit heavily on the national level (Fork Union, Oak Hill, etc).  I think it would be a neat idea.  I made a similar suggestion in GD about five years ago.  It stems from my actual past.  When I was growing up in West Virginia, Beckley College was a 2 year Junior College that was a fully participating member of the WVIAC.  They had some really good teams, and had players recruited on a National Level.

Chased alot of squirrels, but back on point I like the idea!

7/1/2015 8:10 PM
The recruiting wars for those high tier D1 ineligibles that opted out would be just bloodbath if you did it. 
7/1/2015 11:16 PM
Posted by rednu on 7/1/2015 11:16:00 PM (view original):
The recruiting wars for those high tier D1 ineligibles that opted out would be just bloodbath if you did it. 
Somehow I would be twisted enough to enjoy that!
7/2/2015 4:00 PM
one could create a small juco division - like say 2 or 3 conferences - 

but if WIS has resources to devote to HD, this isnt close to the top of my list for what they should work on
7/5/2015 4:55 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/5/2015 4:55:00 AM (view original):
one could create a small juco division - like say 2 or 3 conferences - 

but if WIS has resources to devote to HD, this isnt close to the top of my list for what they should work on
completely agree with you on that!! Was just doing some bored "what if" thinking on What If. 
7/5/2015 1:57 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.