The End of the day-off between OOC and conf season Topic

Looks like HD is phasing out the day off between the OOC and conference, world by world, in the one a days. Don't know how two a days do it.
Why? Money? A 2% speed up amounts to about 20 cents per coach. Say 400 humans per world; that is 80 bucks. 7 worlds, 500 bucks or so. Over the course of a year? a few thousand. My question for HD would be, does that mean cutting practice days from 34 to 33? Easy way to do that would be to count the 4th day of the conference tournaments, keeping practice days at 34.
TL
7/3/2015 12:25 PM
so far the official response according to one posted ticket is that its a coincidence...
7/3/2015 12:30 PM
If anything happens to this game, there's a 90%+ chance that it is just a bug in the system.
7/3/2015 1:44 PM
I was going to suggest this too:
 Thanks Ted.

"My question for HD would be, does that mean cutting practice days from 34 to 33? Easy way to do that would be to count the 4th day of the conference tournaments, keeping practice days at 34.
TL"

7/3/2015 2:01 PM
CS also told me it was essentially a coincidence. Seems like the left hand and the right hand don't know what each other are doing.

I wouldn't mind permanently leaving it out and using the day instead for a longer first cycle of recruiting...
7/3/2015 2:29 PM
Tark has an off day tomorrow after nonconf.....weird.
7/3/2015 6:18 PM
So did we lose a day of practice in these worlds? That would be B.S. imo. 
7/3/2015 7:16 PM
Posted by trail on 7/3/2015 7:16:00 PM (view original):
So did we lose a day of practice in these worlds? That would be B.S. imo. 
As long as every team in that world lost practice, what would be the difference?  Same playing field for all teams in that world.
7/3/2015 11:42 PM
I suppose one could argue that teams built to focus on potential may be hurt more than others.  Take it to an extreme - I would recruit differently if I was told that practice and improvement was being cut in half.  Reducing it by 1/30th or something is a much more limited effect, but in the same direction.

That said, I dont think this matters
7/5/2015 4:50 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/5/2015 4:50:00 AM (view original):
I suppose one could argue that teams built to focus on potential may be hurt more than others.  Take it to an extreme - I would recruit differently if I was told that practice and improvement was being cut in half.  Reducing it by 1/30th or something is a much more limited effect, but in the same direction.

That said, I dont think this matters
That was really my point. If I lost in the Nat. Championship by 1 pt. off a buzzer beater, I might wonder if the results would have been different had we gotten in one more practice. 

I understand that it's a ridiculous gripe, but it sorta irks me. It's also probably a moot point, because I'm guessing that we will have one extra day of practice during the CT. 
7/8/2015 4:52 PM
No off day in Knight.
7/8/2015 8:45 PM
I like this change...any lag is a needless one as far as I'm concerned.
7/8/2015 9:12 PM
I don't know. I'd have preferred them to keep the day off and just eliminate one of the days off inside conference. I actually liked the breathing room/break at mid-season. But whatever. Any change is welcome at this point (they come so rarely). 
7/8/2015 9:22 PM
The End of the day-off between OOC and conf season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.