http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=12111758. Sorry, I've accepted to losing to inferior teams because of RNG, but this game really ****** me off. I'm better in all KEY categories and there is no way I should lose to this team especially by 14 points. Any explanations would soothe the soul.  Sorry for rant.
7/8/2015 2:54 PM
Random? Bad distro? Bad luck?
7/8/2015 3:12 PM
Well, GM is a better FT shooting team and they got 9 points on you in that category so that goes a long way.  The other thing I see from the stat lines is that he was able to keep his starting 5 out on the court for a significantly longer time than yours. Haven't looked at the play by play in depth, but maybe you should go through it and take a look at the matchups created because of that.  That could be where they picked up a few points.  
7/8/2015 3:36 PM
you were atrocious from the line, and they had a bunch of horrendous perimeter shooters hitting nothing but net every time they threw it up. 
7/8/2015 3:48 PM
Posted by creilmann on 7/8/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Well, GM is a better FT shooting team and they got 9 points on you in that category so that goes a long way.  The other thing I see from the stat lines is that he was able to keep his starting 5 out on the court for a significantly longer time than yours. Haven't looked at the play by play in depth, but maybe you should go through it and take a look at the matchups created because of that.  That could be where they picked up a few points.  
I did. His starting PG had a 20 def rating and played most of the game. That's what I'm saying, my back ups were better than his starting 5 and my 67 def overall rating was way better than his 40 something def overall rating.  Plus paying a 2-3 zone his C is terrible for a zone center.  Also, even if I went 14-14 from line I still lose by 7.
7/8/2015 4:16 PM (edited)
Posted by zorzii on 7/8/2015 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Random? Bad distro? Bad luck?
I wouldn't say bad distro. My 2 per threats got the bulk of the distro because of him playing a 2-3 zone with terrible PG def rating.  Bad luck yes. Random, yes. Bad distro, don't think so on this one
7/8/2015 4:08 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 7/8/2015 3:48:00 PM (view original):
you were atrocious from the line, and they had a bunch of horrendous perimeter shooters hitting nothing but net every time they threw it up. 
My point excatly. With my overall def ratings you would think I would of shot better than him. Unlucky
7/8/2015 4:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by terps17321 on 7/8/2015 9:39:00 PM (view original):
Stop whining you're a loser and terrible coach.
always fun watching a dichotomy berate itself...
7/8/2015 9:56 PM
I always feel bad for the opposing human coach in a thread like this. "Slavemoose" was probably pretty excited about his big win, then sees his team get absolutely roasted in this forum.

Similar to when people in these forums ask for advice on how to beat a specific opponent... i always wonder what the opposing coach might be thinking.
7/8/2015 11:44 PM
looks to me he either exploited or got lucky with his 4 match up. his 4 was roughly 20 points better in ath and spd. his 4 took a 1/3 of his shots scored about a 1/3 of his points and was 23 to your total 30 for your starters. because of the 20 points adv he also got 10 FT of which he made 9. He double teamed one of your shooters and you PE at .308 hurt you. I would think against the zone you would have shoot better so this may just be bad luck all around.

just my 2cents and believe me I know jack.
7/9/2015 12:12 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 7/8/2015 11:44:00 PM (view original):
I always feel bad for the opposing human coach in a thread like this. "Slavemoose" was probably pretty excited about his big win, then sees his team get absolutely roasted in this forum.

Similar to when people in these forums ask for advice on how to beat a specific opponent... i always wonder what the opposing coach might be thinking.
I'm not trying to roast him. I'm just saying for zone 2-3 def his C ratings were low and he has a PG with a 20 DEF rating.  His overall 44 DEF rating to my 67 DEF rating and he shot better than me. I would never ask for advice on how to beat another human coach. You have to figure that one out on your own. that's the name of the game.  I apologize if anyone thinks I offended him.
7/9/2015 9:27 AM
Posted by cmac4567 on 7/9/2015 12:12:00 AM (view original):
looks to me he either exploited or got lucky with his 4 match up. his 4 was roughly 20 points better in ath and spd. his 4 took a 1/3 of his shots scored about a 1/3 of his points and was 23 to your total 30 for your starters. because of the 20 points adv he also got 10 FT of which he made 9. He double teamed one of your shooters and you PE at .308 hurt you. I would think against the zone you would have shoot better so this may just be bad luck all around.

just my 2cents and believe me I know jack.
I think it was bad luck, but was in a bad mood yesterday from work and this made me more mad.  All the important ratings I had the advantage.  Of course I missed the front end of at least 5 one and ones, so that hurt to.
7/9/2015 9:30 AM
Posted by terps21234 on 7/9/2015 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 7/8/2015 11:44:00 PM (view original):

I'm not trying to roast him. I'm just saying for zone 2-3 def his C ratings were low and he has a PG with a 20 DEF rating.  His overall 44 DEF rating to my 67 DEF rating and he shot better than me. I would never ask for advice on how to beat another human coach. You have to figure that one out on your own. that's the name of the game.  I apologize if anyone thinks I offended him.
Yeah, I agree that you should have won because of your huge ratings advantage.    Even with good game planning by Green Mountain, I would think those ratings would still be really tough to overcome.   It'd be cool to get slavemoose's take on his strategy.   

Also, like another poster said, I also know jack and i'm still trying to learn the game.  And I'm 0-8 in the NT.   Gl with your teams terps.
7/9/2015 10:36 AM
why did you not run uptempo?
7/10/2015 7:08 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.