If I apply to more than one school, does anyone know if there is a certain order that schools make decisions in, if both jobs are available from the start of the jobs process? There are two schools I would really like to coach at, but one I prefer fairly significantly over the other. My fear is that if I just apply for the one I want the most, that it's possible that I might not get that job, and in the meantime, the second job might also get filled, and perhaps I could have gotten that job if I had applied for both. 

It says that if you apply for more than one job, you will get hired by the school that decides first. I was wondering if there was any  criteria that HD uses, like prestige, how long a school has been without a coach, number of applicants, etc. Does anyone know the answer to this?
7/10/2015 7:38 AM
OI was once told by an oldtimer that if you are interested in more than one job. apply in order. The one you want most one cycle. The next on the next cycle. However I have seen this no where here.
7/10/2015 8:06 AM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 7/10/2015 8:06:00 AM (view original):
OI was once told by an oldtimer that if you are interested in more than one job. apply in order. The one you want most one cycle. The next on the next cycle. However I have seen this no where here.
But I think he's worried that in that first 24 hour cycle, someone else will have applied for his second-preferenced school.
7/10/2015 1:18 PM
I read coachvegas advice as applying for one job in the first three-hour window and the next job in the next three-hour window, but still in the same 24-hour cycle.
7/10/2015 2:26 PM
That is correct.
7/10/2015 5:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I need to look at which one I applied for first. But they were both in the same cycle. Maybe I will unapply and reply for my second choice
7/10/2015 5:52 PM
i dont think anyone knows but it seems the length of time a job is open but it seems like its really hard to apply and get the job the next cycle. so i would apply for the first ASAP and the second right before the end of the first day.
7/10/2015 6:48 PM
Thanks - I did send this question to customer support, so if they clarify it I will post the answer. I did unapply for my second choice around 6 PM, then immediately reapplied.
7/10/2015 11:33 PM
I ended up getting my first choice, Illinois. My second choice, LSU was also filled by Aromano. I believe that I would have beaten him out for that spot based on recent records. I don't know if I beat anyone out for Illinois. If I was the only one applying for it then we don't really know anything new, since it would make sense for the engine to fill both spots, as opposed to me getting LSU and Illinois remaining open. I'll still post if I hear anything from customer support.
7/11/2015 8:06 AM
The official response from CS was response time varies and there is no way to predict which one will process first.

7/11/2015 12:32 PM
I think there is some randomness in response times.

I also think that whether others have applied has an effect.

BUT, I have not experienced or read about any real knowledge on this - hard to know.
7/11/2015 3:50 PM
Good luck at Illinois, sorry I left the roster a little weak.
7/11/2015 10:42 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.