Medical Redshirt - Real or Myth? Topic

Yes, medical redshirts can and do happen. I just got my 2nd one. It was for a Point Guard on my Gustavus Adolphus team. I did not have to apply. It happened automatically.

Coach,

I just heard back from the Academics/Eligibility/Compliance Cabinet of the WCAA about Joseph Neale`s hardship waiver application. They`ve granted him another year of eligibility!

Stewart Heath
7/13/2015 8:04 PM
Wow!! I'd read about them when signing up for the game way back when, but I think you're the first coach I've actually heard who had a player granted one. Did the player in question suffer a major injury early in the season or was it a double lightning strike of injury-reinjury? 
7/13/2015 8:07 PM
Is this a loophole to having a 7-player class?
7/13/2015 10:51 PM
Neale was injured around the 3rd or 4th game of the season. His health went down to 20-something (I don't know the exact number). I put him back on the depth chart around game 20 or 21 when he was just over 80 on the health meter. I didn't expect the waiver because his injury didn't carry through the end of the season.

The 1st guy I had that was given the medical was a couple of years ago. His health meter went down to 1. He did not play again until the following season.
7/14/2015 1:46 AM
I've had one in all my seasons of HD.

I don't remember the exact stats, but my guy played in (I think) 10 games in his injury season, then got another whole season from the medical redshirt.

Once I found out about the medical redshirt, I considered it a huge benefit he got hurt because he was FAR more useful the next season than in the one where he got hurt, and he helped guide the team to a deep postseason run.

7/14/2015 9:49 PM
Posted by trail on 7/13/2015 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Is this a loophole to having a 7-player class?
I bet yes. Anyone have such luck?
7/15/2015 8:02 PM
Medical Redshirt - Real or Myth? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.