One in the Same: One Coach, Two Teams? Topic

There once was a Coach named X
Who's coaching preferences were "complex."
With a screen name of one,
And a screen name  of "none,"
What shall we expect next?

Gentlemen's Agreement within the Community of Coaches in HD: Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it loosely states that:
  1. Distance: A coach should not be overseeing two schools within a 1,000 mile radius
  2. Deviousness: A coach should be forth-coming with his decision to run two teams to other coaches
  3. Conference Altering: A coach should not, preferably, coach two teams in the same conference
After discussing the issue with quite a few other coaches in HD, it was agreed upon that something "fishy" was going on.  It was suggested to me that I submit a ticket to HD (WIS) indicating the matter.  Not surprisingly, I did not hear back from that ticket - and that's fine.  There has been no "violation" as far as HD is concerned, and frankly, isn't a matter that they should be forced to deal with, conversely, I DO believe there to be a violation to other coaches in HD, that play by the rules (er, The Gentlemen's Agreement).  

As stated earlier, quite a few coaches have already discussed the matter.  I've had some vindictive replies and I've had some civilized replies - in reference to the "violation" going on.  One of the "civilized" coaches even sent this coach a site mail, jokingly busting his balls on the matter.  However, we're (the coaches that discussed the issue) all in agreement, that, if true (and the "pudding" seems to prove it), the coach should just relinquish one of the teams, as to not alter the integrity of the game.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Obviously, you're probably wanting to hear the issue specifically (names, teams, "evidence).  Bringing up the topic and not providing details is like being in 5th grade and telling your friend: "I know a girl who likes you, but I can't tell you who it is!"  It's not my intention to fry the dude on a public forum, but it is an intention of mine to hear some further feedback/input on the situation.  This is not a coach that has his teams going 11-16 from season to season.  

7/20/2015 11:11 AM
Who is he?
7/20/2015 11:19 AM
haha, did you start that post off with a poem...freaking awesome.

If you actually have confirmation that it is the same user then inform the admins and they will be forced to deal with it. If not, then link us to the profiles so we can actually discuss the matter...I'd be willing to bet you'll get a considerable amount of support from the forum community.
7/20/2015 11:28 AM
my concern is there are no specifics... whats the problem you are objecting to? those gentleman's agreements are basically hard rules that seble will enforce (at least the 1000 miles and same conf thing). but you failed to mention, unless i missed it in there somewhere, what the actual complaint was in reference to. whats the situation? you can leave off names and program names, while still making it clear what the fundamentals of the situation are.
7/20/2015 11:49 AM
"I think a fellow coach was 'bad', do you agree?" Is a bit too vague of a question to comment on. However poetically it is presented.
7/20/2015 11:51 AM
Posted by arssanguinus on 7/20/2015 11:51:00 AM (view original):
"I think a fellow coach was 'bad', do you agree?" Is a bit too vague of a question to comment on. However poetically it is presented.
exactly... i suspect the poem references the user in question, which seems a bit juvenile to me honestly - especially when you go so far out of your way not to say anything else. maybe the guy got burnt out after he typed such a long intro, that he just completely forgot to share what the situation he was asking for comments on, actually was? :)
7/20/2015 12:01 PM
Strong 2nd post (poem), but when you say Gentlemen's Agreement, where are you getting that?  There are specific Fairplay Guidelines posted by WIS (nothing "loose" about it...other than enforcement).  It is helpful to understand that one can engage in "Collusive transactions" alone (a "single user" with 2 or more accounts) or with another.  #3 on your list probably should be included in the guidelines, but what the hell does #2 even mean?

CS has stated, it seems to me, that they are not looking for this, but are counting on Collusive transactions to be reported by users.  So, report it. 
7/20/2015 12:13 PM
Well I find it interesting that the OP doesn't even have any active teams which makes me wonder if he also has multiple user names.
7/20/2015 12:45 PM
One in the Same: One Coach, Two Teams? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.