I just got a new recruit signed and he is in my practise plan but not able to play? Has a graduation cap that's red by his name, never got an email or anything that tells me why he can't play. Anyone know what the deal is?
7/20/2015 8:43 PM
He's ineligible. Has to sit out this year.
7/20/2015 8:52 PM
He's an academic non-qualifier -- you must have missed the ineligible line on his player card when attempting to sign him. He will not be able to play this season and you will have to devote all his practice minutes to study hall because he will not gain any attribute points this year (it's basically a redshirt year without any gains). Since you're at D2, he'll have 4 years of eligibility after this season. As far as I'm aware, at D2 players will always come back for the Sr/5 season, but I won't promise that's a hard-and-fast rule as much as it good fortune on my part and a limited pool of signed ineligibles to use as my frame of reference. 
7/20/2015 8:54 PM
Thanks guys
7/20/2015 9:24 PM
Posted by rednu on 7/20/2015 8:54:00 PM (view original):
He's an academic non-qualifier -- you must have missed the ineligible line on his player card when attempting to sign him. He will not be able to play this season and you will have to devote all his practice minutes to study hall because he will not gain any attribute points this year (it's basically a redshirt year without any gains). Since you're at D2, he'll have 4 years of eligibility after this season. As far as I'm aware, at D2 players will always come back for the Sr/5 season, but I won't promise that's a hard-and-fast rule as much as it good fortune on my part and a limited pool of signed ineligibles to use as my frame of reference. 
they always come back
7/21/2015 8:22 AM
From the FAQ --- the key for the player coming back is keeping his cumulative GPA above 3.0 until that 5th season... I've had a guy recently not qualify and he left (in that case he was a sim recruit when I took over a team, so I wasn't really paying attention and happy to have him leave - not sure I even noticed he had been a non-qualifier). I actually received an email saying something to the effect of "hey coach, my gpa is below 3.0 so I'm outta here!!!!"

Q: My senior point guard came as a sophomore. He was a transfer from a D-II school where he was an academic non-qualifier as a freshman. He has kept a 3.0 GPA, will he have an extra-year of eligibility?
A: Yes, he should have a 5th year of eligibility if he chooses to stick around after he graduates.
7/21/2015 9:07 AM
Pretty sure it's 2.0 for D2 and 2.7 for D1.
7/21/2015 9:28 AM
Agree with tkimble.
7/21/2015 9:30 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.