all time 5 year dynasty list - 7/22/15 Topic

The thing is I actually agree with ranking those runs in that order, but from an outside perspective, although small, DVC has the advantage in every category (average postseason finish, average rpi, total wins). I was curious how you were making the adjustments to reflect that Naismith in that stretch was the deeper and tougher world to play in.

Thanks for all the work you put in!
7/24/2015 7:24 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 7/24/2015 7:25:00 AM (view original):
The thing is I actually agree with ranking those runs in that order, but from an outside perspective, although small, DVC has the advantage in every category (average postseason finish, average rpi, total wins). I was curious how you were making the adjustments to reflect that Naismith in that stretch was the deeper and tougher world to play in.

Thanks for all the work you put in!
ok cool. im glad you feel naismith was harder and that that was actually the more impressive run!

when i came into this, a handful of folks had done same-division rankings, which were really sweet to look at (even if i thought the ranking system could use some tweaking). everyone liked them and it spiced up those divisions, was a real attraction. the big thing i took on was to be able to do cross-world and cross-time comparisons. its so much easier to say, in world X from season Y-Z, who was the best? because the context was the same for everyone (except for regional differences that are seemingly impossible to compensate for). but to say, was this program over 10 years, early in world 1, better than this other program 5 years later in world 8? that is tough. so that is what i spent much of my time on. i have to say, i was pretty happy with how it turned out, its always going to be debatable which of 2 guys listed together on a list is actually better, but given that i actually think the internal consistency of these lists is really solid. better than i had hoped for from the outset. especially considering i did the whole thing completely hammered over a few sessions and a few bottles of makers mark!
7/24/2015 3:48 PM
◂ Prev 12
all time 5 year dynasty list - 7/22/15 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.