Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

Posted by p6453 on 7/23/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 7/23/2015 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I understand the wishes but I don't get the complaints.  This is a great game and there's nothing remotely similar out there.
+1
As far as facelifts go, I think an updated team home page with the correct school colors would be nice. I have run across a few that aren't even close to what the real school uses. Also, let us give our players #'s or have the SIM assign them one. Would also like to see some teams added like Urbana (Oh D2) and Walsh (Oh D2) as well. It wouldn't happen, but I'd settle for some minor cosmetic changes to spice things up.
School colors?? I just wish they'd get the school NAMES correct.  Philadelphia Biblical is now Cairn, for example.   Wisconsin-Green Bay and Wisconsin-Milwaukee are now simply Green Bay and Milwaukee.  Augusta State is now Georgia Regents. 

In the past, I've submitted names changes...i.e. Fairleigh Dickinson-Madison is now Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham. ;  Columbia Union is now Washington Adventist. The changes were made within 24 hours so it can't be that difficult. 

Now, whenever I submit a change, I get a canned response  that it'll be considered at their monthly meeting. 
7/25/2015 9:46 AM (edited)
I don't think the game needs a facelift.

While there are some things that could certainly be tweaked, the game is great as it is.

I actually don't want to see wholesale changes, because it might lessen the enjoyment I get out of the game as it is now.

7/25/2015 11:42 AM
Posted by bistiza on 7/25/2015 11:42:00 AM (view original):

While there are some things that could certainly be tweaked, the game is great as it is.

I actually don't want to see wholesale changes, because it might lessen the enjoyment I get out of the game as it is now.

+1

7/25/2015 11:46 AM
The things I would like to see...

1.  The ability to do some kind of mass recruiting action...i.e. call coach for all on the "watch list" for the 1st cycle
2.  Top 50 school leaders and the ability to toggle between the school's all time leaders and your (recruits) all time leaders)...same thing with records v. opponents/schools.

I feel like there's something else but it's not coming to me lol...maybe free FSS for everyone (to shut the whiners up) lol

7/25/2015 12:03 PM
i played this game from around its 4th season for 50 to 70 straight seasons it was (and still is) the best thing out there.  But i have been gone for 3 years about, i think, and literally nothing has changed except for the deal with changing players positions that i still cant find info on, and whatever the player role thing is.  It used to be 100% human they could start new leagues fast enough.  THen Fox bought them and it gradually went downhill and seemingly still is, though i love this game i fell so much could be better and it could be marketed better if they were to make it important like it was when it was started and ran out of cincy.  its disappointing that after being gone this long not one sim-engine change has occurred or least not more than a tiny tweek.  I still great but dammit it used to be awesome, so unique and cared for.
7/25/2015 5:20 PM
Posted by milwood on 7/25/2015 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 7/25/2015 11:42:00 AM (view original):

+1

+1

Fix some of the glitches (ie scouting reports) that everyone complains about but don't screw with the nuts and bolts of the game.
7/25/2015 6:37 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 7/23/2015 7:26:00 PM (view original):
I didnt even get that announcement email. 
+1 and I have 6 teams
7/25/2015 7:29 PM
I don't think the announcement was HD specific or any game for that matter...I think it was a site-wide thing
7/25/2015 7:34 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/25/2015 12:03:00 PM (view original):
The things I would like to see...

1.  The ability to do some kind of mass recruiting action...i.e. call coach for all on the "watch list" for the 1st cycle
2.  Top 50 school leaders and the ability to toggle between the school's all time leaders and your (recruits) all time leaders)...same thing with records v. opponents/schools.

I feel like there's something else but it's not coming to me lol...maybe free FSS for everyone (to shut the whiners up) lol

While I agree it can be tedious to take the same action with multiple recruits, I don't mind it. I think with massive recruiting efforts some people would just watch list recruits and then hit a button and it wouldn't even seem like recruiting anymore.  Plus, in real life you can't do that. You'd have to call (or have someone call) each and every coach or contact each and every player.

On the records versus opponents or schools, I'd like the change you suggest very much. I don't care what my school did against school X before I arrived - I do care to know what I've done against them at a quick glance.
7/25/2015 7:56 PM
Let's face it, they're gonna run their business as they see fit, so I don't hold it against them that they're clearly not putting many resources into HD right now; if we were them, we'd probably rather not **** off any more customers with an update like has happened previously. Most people that are playing the game at this point are pretty happy with how it is so the big updates would probably have to be in a new world to avoid risk of losing more customer base than it gains. 
7/25/2015 8:32 PM
Thanks for all the feedback!  I dont post much but have played for alot of years(More than I care to mention).  If you all had to have a wish list(Top 3), what would it be?

1.Jobs-We see it alot in the real game.. coach gets hot 1-3 spurt, gets a big time gig!  Id like to see that happen in this. The loyalty rating to me is worthless, because it doesnt matter in real life.  Like recruits, Id like to see the Ad's reach out to perspective coaches???

2.Recruiting.. Expand this a little to verbal commitments, and have the recruiting be more of a season long event.. Doesnt need to be every two hours, but touching base every couple of days...  Recruiting is fun, but this shotgun 3 day approach is tiresome.

3.Rpi and tournament projection overhaul.. To me this makes this is the most off base item in the game... The correlation between the two is way off base, and it shouldnt be..  In theory Team A at 16-5 with a 42 rpi and 145 SOS shouldnt sit 55 in projections while team B at 14-7 50 rpi and 140 SOS sits 42 in projections??

Just one mans thoughts!!
7/26/2015 11:12 AM
You do realize that the rpi is hated by everyone as a way to determine who gets into the tourney in real bball right? This metric has massive flaws so why would you use that as the absolute reason for tourney bids?
7/26/2015 4:26 PM
to give the game more credibility they really need to update the conference alignment.  This may not be an easy transition, but I think it's an obvious need.  I realize many old timers, like myself, aren't bothered by this but I think adds to the stale feel.  I doubt they could do it perfectly due to keeping the conferences certain sizes, but it would be nice to try and at least come closer to current day league affiliation.  
7/26/2015 5:01 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 7/26/2015 5:02:00 PM (view original):
to give the game more credibility they really need to update the conference alignment.  This may not be an easy transition, but I think it's an obvious need.  I realize many old timers, like myself, aren't bothered by this but I think adds to the stale feel.  I doubt they could do it perfectly due to keeping the conferences certain sizes, but it would be nice to try and at least come closer to current day league affiliation.  
+1
7/26/2015 5:09 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 7/25/2015 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 7/23/2015 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 7/23/2015 1:16:00 PM (view original):
I understand the wishes but I don't get the complaints.  This is a great game and there's nothing remotely similar out there.
+1
As far as facelifts go, I think an updated team home page with the correct school colors would be nice. I have run across a few that aren't even close to what the real school uses. Also, let us give our players #'s or have the SIM assign them one. Would also like to see some teams added like Urbana (Oh D2) and Walsh (Oh D2) as well. It wouldn't happen, but I'd settle for some minor cosmetic changes to spice things up.
School colors?? I just wish they'd get the school NAMES correct.  Philadelphia Biblical is now Cairn, for example.   Wisconsin-Green Bay and Wisconsin-Milwaukee are now simply Green Bay and Milwaukee.  Augusta State is now Georgia Regents. 

In the past, I've submitted names changes...i.e. Fairleigh Dickinson-Madison is now Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham. ;  Columbia Union is now Washington Adventist. The changes were made within 24 hours so it can't be that difficult. 

Now, whenever I submit a change, I get a canned response  that it'll be considered at their monthly meeting. 
and i haven't seen devry or phoenix online anywhere.
7/26/2015 5:22 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.