Sim rejecting non-conference request Topic

How common is this?  I've never had it happen before but just tried to challenge a SIM to a home non-conference game and got the message that they would play us at their place but not ours
7/23/2015 2:21 PM
Pretty sure its common, I found out last season trying to schedule some bad big 6 teams, they won't ply at your place.  Makes sense.  Why would they come play at some low end school?  Doesn't happen in real life either
7/23/2015 2:26 PM
That's interesting!   At DII, Wooden,  my Mars Hill team hosted N.C. State in an exhibition game.  

It must just be an issue for D1 regular season games
7/23/2015 2:50 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/23/2015 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure its common, I found out last season trying to schedule some bad big 6 teams, they won't ply at your place.  Makes sense.  Why would they come play at some low end school?  Doesn't happen in real life either
Out of curiosity, I checked last season's SEC schedule. They only played  9 non-Power Conference teams on the road........Tulane, Troy, Dayton, Witchita St., SMU, Chattanooga, UAB, Marshall, and St. Louis.   Only two of them, Troy and Chattanooga, are from "lower tier" conferences and the Sun Belt and Southern Conferences would  dispute even that designation

This season, however, Auburn travels to  Coastal Carolina.
7/23/2015 2:46 PM (edited)
Is it perhaps a balancing thing perhaps? Does the Sim already have 5 away games scheduled for next season? I know when Sims get randomly generated schedules they are in a 5 home/5 away balance, so maybe there's something in the programming...but that's total wild guess. 
7/23/2015 3:28 PM
I tend to schedule a lot of SIMS and have never once seen this.  Is it new?
7/23/2015 4:35 PM
It's not common but it does happen if you are a low enough prestige team challenging a high enough prestige team for a regular season game.  It doesn't happen every time, but I've had it happen to me before.  It's definitely not a new feature.
7/23/2015 5:57 PM
Posted by rednu on 7/23/2015 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Is it perhaps a balancing thing perhaps? Does the Sim already have 5 away games scheduled for next season? I know when Sims get randomly generated schedules they are in a 5 home/5 away balance, so maybe there's something in the programming...but that's total wild guess. 
It was not a balancing issue, I was the 6th home game they scheduled, they've only scheduled one road game, it's Miami in Knight
7/23/2015 8:12 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/23/2015 5:57:00 PM (view original):
It's not common but it does happen if you are a low enough prestige team challenging a high enough prestige team for a regular season game.  It doesn't happen every time, but I've had it happen to me before.  It's definitely not a new feature.
I'm guessing this is the explanation, they're A and I'm C-
7/23/2015 8:13 PM
Posted by clouseb on 7/23/2015 4:35:00 PM (view original):
I tend to schedule a lot of SIMS and have never once seen this.  Is it new?
I too have never been rebuffed by a sim
7/23/2015 10:28 PM
Sim rejecting non-conference request Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.