I'm giving up until changes are made Topic

I've been playing this game consistently for around 5 years but I'm quitting.  Been stuck in D1 mid major world forever and can't seem to figure out how to get out of it.  I've tried everything, so either I just stink at this game (which makes it no fun) or its just too tough to move up I'm calling it quits until some changes are made and the game is more realistic.  Consistently making the tourney at a mid major should be enough to get you a promotion.  Raising a teams prestige from d- to b- should be enough, its not and I don't have the time to invest anymore.  I really do love this game but can't justify the $ to be stuck forever.

7/28/2015 3:42 PM
What was your team at ? What world?
7/28/2015 3:53 PM
5 years bro lots of teams lots of worlds!  
7/28/2015 4:08 PM
Whats wrong with DII?
7/28/2015 4:31 PM
Did you try moving up to any Big 6 team, even one that was not very good? That's the best way that I know of. Just qualify for any Big 6 team, then build them up, and move to a better one when you can.

7/28/2015 6:02 PM
If you could post resume links for your teams/worlds that would be helpful.
7/28/2015 6:58 PM
bye
7/28/2015 9:24 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/28/2015 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Did you try moving up to any Big 6 team, even one that was not very good? That's the best way that I know of. Just qualify for any Big 6 team, then build them up, and move to a better one when you can.

I agree with this...I too felt stuck at the Mid-Major level, and then it was pointed out that I could be too picky with my program.  I reevaluated how I looked at "Better" programs and actually found a "Big Six" program I had never considered (Iowa).  Building that program from the ground up will get me to a better school.
7/29/2015 6:11 AM
it is absolutely the case in this game that the best path to a really good BCS gig tends to be a less good BCS gig.  Part of that is because it is hard to get a mid major to go deep in the postseason because of prestige, conference prestige, lack of recruiting dollars.

I'm enjoying a mix of top BCS gigs and lesser DI programs.

7/29/2015 9:20 AM
I also found d1 not very fun. The caste system of mid major and then low high major and then high major can take a long time to overcome. Honestly I just like d3. It's more an even playing field. I wanted to get my alma mater which itself is only a c prestige and couldn't even get that in D1.
7/29/2015 1:47 PM
I prefer div 2. I am sure if one took a low big 6 school and tried over many many many years to build it up to the competition is posible but moving around among the big 6 is waiting on someone to die.
7/29/2015 2:00 PM
kybucki, if you are in Phelan, take a look at the Ivy league - we have 7 human coaches and are making progress - I'm at Harvard

Or, if you are in IBA, look at WCC - we have 11 human coaches.  May have a second vacancy coming.  About a dozen seasons ago a bunch of us decided to move from BCS conferences to the WCC and see what we can.  We were #5 in conference rpi last season.  Join us - and build a new BCS conference.  I'm enjoying Grambling.
7/29/2015 2:01 PM
I certainly feel you on this one kybucki.

I've had a mixed bag of results throughout the 5+ years I've been playing across different worlds.  I've found that I REALLY enjoy D3 and rebuilding D1 programs. I've not had much success at the High D1 level (currently on a decent run with Rutgers, but aside from 1 Sweet 16 I've not accomplished much in the post season).  I think the key is to find what you enjoy.  The Final 4 runs in D3 are the most fun I've ever had on this game........D1 is so incredibly "closed" to outsiders as it's the same 4 or 5 teams over and over each year and guys that camp out on jobs and never leave (They earned it!).

7/31/2015 9:48 AM
I'm giving up until changes are made Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.