How much effect: Starts vs Playing Time? Topic

Which one has a bigger effect on increasing work ethic and/or learning offense/defense, getting starts or getting 'X' minutes of playing time? Is there a start-to-PT equivalency? For example, "start=10 minutes", so if a player gets the start and plays 15 minutes, he would get the same ratings and off/def boost as someone who didn't start but played 25 minutes.

Anyone have any idea?

7/31/2015 8:33 AM
I don't have a ration for you, but Starts definitely trump PT in a landslide. I'd say starting and playing 15 minutes would increase WE more than coming off the bench and playing 30 (if that's even possible in Fatigue Settings)...

I don't think the effect on IQ is the same, but I think the increased WE would eventually make that difference up and then some. 
7/31/2015 8:40 AM
Posted by wronoj on 7/31/2015 8:40:00 AM (view original):
I don't have a ration for you, but Starts definitely trump PT in a landslide. I'd say starting and playing 15 minutes would increase WE more than coming off the bench and playing 30 (if that's even possible in Fatigue Settings)...

I don't think the effect on IQ is the same, but I think the increased WE would eventually make that difference up and then some. 
Thanks. That's what I assumed and expected, but I was wondering if anyone had definitively figured it out (or read it in an admin chat or something).
7/31/2015 5:00 PM
I think wronoj has overestimated this substantially.  I would say for guys in the middle range of WE (say, maybe, 35-70) I think a start is worth 3-5 points of WE per season.  30 minutes worth of PT in that same range is worth probably 5-8 on average, maybe even a little more.
7/31/2015 7:59 PM
How much effect: Starts vs Playing Time? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.