Best Schools for Recruiting Topic

So Colorado at D3 seems like a slam dunk. Northeastern State at D2. What else?
8/4/2015 6:00 PM
Palm Beach Atlantic
8/4/2015 6:02 PM
If the D2 RMAC is full, Colorado is a much tougher place to recruit from since they'll often dip down and take the good/top D3 talent.  Obviously there are schools that are more secluded and that can make for easier recruiting, but ultimately I think it depends on the make-up of the world.
8/4/2015 6:06 PM
Northeastern State at D2?  How come exactly?

Some others that might be mentioned are probably located in:
  • NYC
  • Philly
  • Boston
  • Chicago
  • a few places in North Carolina.

Some others I'd say might be underrated are Iowa and Nebraska for D3 maybe D2.  Similar to Colorado/PBAU in terms of isolation and recruits nearby.

Some overrated of mine personally:
  • Texas(yes I have a bunch of teams there but I really only like 1).  A lot of recruits but a lot of schools are kinda far away so expensive to pulldown instate recruits and few prospects in local areas.
  • I sort of liked Cali might have to try it again, but when it gets full theres a lot of competition for the local talent, big state but not as big and spread out as Texas.
8/4/2015 6:15 PM
Scratch NE State. I always thought it had Oklahoma locked down. Tons of Oklahoma schools, actually.

Have never coached at Palm Beach. Might have to give it a shot sometime.
8/4/2015 7:44 PM
Heres the maps of the schools in HD

D1

D2

D3
8/4/2015 8:01 PM
Florida gulf coast was always good to me.
8/4/2015 9:01 PM
Posted by arssanguinus on 8/4/2015 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Florida gulf coast was always good to me.
I think FL D2 is another thing that is dependant on the conf as if you have a full D2 Sunshine conf I would assume getting the good D2 and the D1 pulldowns becomes more comeptitive same with the rocky mtn conf.  If you can get into one of those with lets say only 3 total coaches or less then they look like they could be some of the best places to be.
8/4/2015 9:03 PM
Posted by ab90 on 8/4/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
So Colorado at D3 seems like a slam dunk. Northeastern State at D2. What else?
I always thought Colorado D1 had it made
8/4/2015 11:26 PM
In D1, Syracuse and Miami have it made. People will complain about Colorado because the talent in the surrounding area goes is spurts, but there sure is a ton of success across most worlds for a team with a B- baseline.
8/5/2015 1:24 AM
Yo did anyone catch on that D1 map of schools the person who made it for michigan wrote "the university of shitigan" I'm a michigan state fan so I dont care but I'm wondering if i was the only one to catch this
8/5/2015 1:40 AM
LSU seems to be a great place to recruit. 
8/5/2015 9:13 AM
If you look at the maps and do some math, there are a few states that are very advantageous just based on pull down ability.  For example in D2, there's one school in OR, but 4 D1's, same for WI.  Ohio has 4 D2's, but 13 D1's, etc.
8/5/2015 9:19 AM
Of the different D3 schools I've coached, Menlo has been the best place by far to recruit. Lots of local talent and the option to pick up Juco players is nice. Becomes a bit more difficult if the other D3 & D2 schools in the area are occupied. 
8/5/2015 12:05 PM
the truth is its really so situational. when i started, recruiting at d2/d3 was VERY nation, before FSS existed, so it wasn't really as much about who was in your area in your division and the one above you. but today with poor potential really thinning the heard of viable players and reducing the impact tiered prestige has reducing competition for players, it seems like d2/d3 are much more regional - as d1 has always been. and so, so much of it comes down to, who is coaching by you, what prestige, whats the bonus money gap between neighboring conferences...

for example, when i was at colorado when i first started d1, it was really hit or miss (i won 1 title with an extremely talented team that was all recruited with zero competition, and one with a team that objectively was probably not even top 25 by talent, if there was a coaching poll we absolutely would not have made the top 25). then i moved to texas a&m because i watched and was like wow, i have to like work to recruit at distance, but that a&m job is the cushiest job ever! and it was. the other 3 texas schools were lower so i could just sign all the 5 stars in state without even a whiff of a battle. it was too easy to be honest, it was boring as hell having literally zero competition, but you got killer talent to 12 deep pretty much guaranteed. i went back a couple years later and had some local competition, and ended up battling texas literally 3 out of 4 seasons in an all-in type capacity. later i was in the big 12 with 4 quality texas programs and man, those guys had a tough go of it! its really just tremendously situational.

8/5/2015 2:42 PM
12 Next ▸
Best Schools for Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.