Best Schools for Recruiting Topic

San Francisco State (D2) in all worlds. I think it is because you can go after the low D1 guys since Cal or Stanford will be going for much better recruits. Your competition is UC Davis so the bay area is pretty much yours. You can also get the ID, MT, UT guys as well.
8/5/2015 3:49 PM
So much of it is based off of recruit generations and who the other human coaches are around you (particularly @ D1), but some of these are what I would consider "prime" locations

- Wisconsin, Parkside (DII) - well within range of Chicago, Michigan, upper Indiana and the GLV is generally really strong in most worlds. 
- San Francisco State (DII) - Agree with paland's reasoning above
- Delta State (DII) - when I coached @ Alcorn State, I realized how many good D2 caliber recruits fall through the cracks in the MS/AR/LA region. This spot is basically smack dab in the middle of all that
- Colorado (DI/DIII) - Both Colorado's are prime for recruiting. In D1 BCS in particular, I think it's the absolute best program to build from the ground up due to its location. You are very dependent on the gen, but you're basically just competing with the MWC and possibly Arizona/Arizona State. I did run into Kansas a few times but it's pretty easy to keep your talent in state there. D3 version is simply because that conference is so strong in general - you get Cali Conference money and get to recruit far far away from everyone else. 
- Valdosta State (DII) - You get to recruit FL, GA, MS, SC - lots of good players that the mid major schools miss in these regions. 
8/5/2015 4:09 PM
Univ. Of DC in DII. Lots of very close low DI schools + high DI schools = lots of DI talent within a 70 mile radius. Only is bad when humans take the low level schools.
8/7/2015 10:53 PM
◂ Prev 12
Best Schools for Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.