HD's favorite D3 conferences Topic

Just decided to see what conferences HD players tend to prefer.  I just did a quick 3,2,1 point assigning measure based off rpi and prestige.  So it's not 100% exact as not all rpi spots are final or even collected yet, but its a rough estimate that looks pretty accurate

The top conferences based on appearences so top 9 in rpi were:

9x USA South, Southern Cal
6x Heartland, Northwest, American Southwest
5x University
4x Centennial, Upstate, Ohio Athletic

there were 2 conferences that didn't qualify at all.  The SUNYAC and ODAC, however both should soon or would've have recently as the SUNYAC in Phelan is being rebuilt into a super conference and the Tark ODAC conference has a solid group of quality coaches and recent NC, but have some really bad sims this year.

The list isn't that surprising basically means California and the Southeast(NC, Va, GA) are the 2 favorite locations) as well as each conference has the 2 favorite schools in PBAU and Colorado.

One conference I'm a little surprised after looking at it, is the Upstate, I'm not really sure why it isn't more popular.  It has 4 prime schools in the likes of NYU, Chicago, Saint Louis, and Cleveland.  But then a bunch of "upstate" NY programs that aren't too popular still though those 4 would be popular enough, bu looking through NYU is really the only one pretty popular.

I will do D2 soon as well, I'd be expecting the GLV, Lone Star, and Cali Conf as the top 3 followed by a mix of the Central Atl, Heartland, NE-10, and Sunshine

8/5/2015 1:53 AM
the GLV was great - in the old days when you recruited extremely nationally. now with potential competition is increased, and being in a killer conference with close top tier programs/coaches, doesn't really do much for you. i think in these days the conferences that cover the most territory would be the best conferences, if you want to be in a highly competitive conference, at least (i think thats why girt chose CUSA as the d1 conf of choice, the regional spread).
8/5/2015 2:55 AM
I've been in the ODAC (Tark) for a poopload of seasons now.  Us and the USA South have had a long rivalry.  Lots of good recruits in that neck of the woods.
8/5/2015 7:37 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/5/2015 2:55:00 AM (view original):
the GLV was great - in the old days when you recruited extremely nationally. now with potential competition is increased, and being in a killer conference with close top tier programs/coaches, doesn't really do much for you. i think in these days the conferences that cover the most territory would be the best conferences, if you want to be in a highly competitive conference, at least (i think thats why girt chose CUSA as the d1 conf of choice, the regional spread).
I believe that was also the reason behind the choice of the Summit in Allen
8/5/2015 10:05 AM
HD's favorite D3 conferences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.