Everything is going bad Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14118

Anyone has tips or reasons why I am so bad. I don't understand to be honest. I keep losing games and I have no idea why. It seems something is just not going well or I am a bad coach or my team is just bad, so I have to accept it.
8/12/2015 7:48 AM
I would dump zone. I think your team is lacking in scoring. You only have 2 guys that can shoot 3s and 2 guys with good LP.

I don't play D2, but it seems ATH is too low across the board.
8/12/2015 7:56 AM
The thing is I lose against really low ath teams, really low def teams. I know about the scoring, to prevent my team from not scoring, should I go uptempo or normal or slowdown. Nothing has been working. I am over 60 in ath overall, in D2, it's allright, not stellar.
8/12/2015 8:09 AM
Well, other than the last two, it's not as if you are losing to bad teams, and even those two aren't bad exactly, just lower than the others. One of those losses is a one point which can be put down to free throw shooting, since you are sitting at 65, if you do well in those last 11 or so, you would likely be in the nt. A little luck and a few bounces of the ball and you are 12-4 and not posting this thread.

Ever consider bower and blaney as pg and sg, and Degnan as your SF?
8/12/2015 8:34 AM
I agree with losing zone in favor of man, you have some really strong defenders that would probably lockdown players in man-to-man. Offensively I think Bower is a great weapon, considering you're playing zone he should be your starting SG and/or get a decent amount of distribution, I like your perimeter game more than your post game so I'd focus more on the backcourt on offense. 

Also, with the exception of the last couple games (which I'm sure is most of the motivation here), you lost to strong/NT-caliber teams. That doesn't make you bad. 
8/12/2015 8:41 AM
The very low team passing, in combination with no true scoring options, makes it even tougher to score.
8/12/2015 9:18 AM
It seems okay to me.....it looks like a top 40ish type team......like others said you could use a better scoring option but I don't think the ones you have are all that bad....you are losing a lot of close games to decent teams....it happens....more so when your team is defensive based
8/12/2015 9:48 AM
And to me, one of the main advantages to zone is that you can have an elite scorer with soso defense......IF you had a 90/90 guy at uard with 50 defense I think your team would be better.....the one disadvantage is that you really can't stop truly elite scorers.....If you got your perimeter defense to something like 70/80/80 (which is really good) you would still be torched by the 90/90 guy.
8/12/2015 9:50 AM
I double these guys Trenton. I am going to try what Ars has posted, moving Bower to SG and not play him as a back-up. Nothing is going my way. One last question, when to go slowdown, normal, uptempo, it seems everytime I make a call, it does not work.
8/12/2015 10:04 AM
Just a couple of quick observations. It looks like you are committed to playing a 3-2, which is fine but I don't think you'd give up too much when playing against teams that just don't shoot from perimeter by playing a 2-3. I've used 3-2 at -4 before too, but I think it's kind of a gimmick to be used against coaches that drastically change there perimeter distribution based solely on the 3-2 or 2-3 set.

I also noticed you played 3-2 at +2(?). I read once in the forums that playing 3-2 and going plus can be overkill and give too much away from inside scoring and rebounding (which in the game I looked at you did not have a problem with)

Oh and playing uptempo against a press team can be very dangerous. I'd also consider getting that 20 passing guy out of the starting lineup against good press teams. His defense is really nice, though.

It can be pretty easy to out coach yourself playing zone, there are just so many options. but again you've lost to quality teams....
8/12/2015 10:46 AM
I truly don't have the SF to play 2-3... I use to have one... Maybe it does not matter, you go 2-3 nonetheless. Exactly, it's tough with zone, it seems you figure out your team and the season is over. Last year, I went to the conference final game... with the same bunch, and went NT on an at large bid. I thought we'd make strides this year and yet, it is not happening. I am starting to think Flex is tough too... if you do not have these two perimeter players that make a difference, you are stuck and mediocre.
8/12/2015 10:54 AM
What does a 2-3 SF look like? Is it rebounding? I would take bh and passing over rebounding even in a 2-3.

I run flex/zone at Virginia Union. It can definitely work. I think you need to focus more on passing in the flex
8/12/2015 12:44 PM
You need SB for a 2-3 SF.
8/12/2015 12:49 PM
I never have shot blocking for my SF. I sometimes have rebounding but never SB. Interesting
8/12/2015 1:05 PM
I think you need a bit of Sb and at least 45 reb. I dont think my passing and bh is bad... Maybe it is. Anyways, i am going to salvage this season in time hopefully.
8/12/2015 1:10 PM
12 Next ▸
Everything is going bad Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.