whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Some people work for companies that frown at employees lurking on frivilous websites such as this.  whatifcincinnati.com and wisjorunal.com did not trigger network monitoring software.
8/12/2015 5:14 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 8/12/2015 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Some people work for companies that frown at employees lurking on frivilous websites such as this.  whatifcincinnati.com and wisjorunal.com did not trigger network monitoring software.
Ah I see. 
8/12/2015 5:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
There was a guy (biglenr) who basically took the exact opposite approach....he felt when he was at home his family was his primary concern and not WIS....home was for enjoying his wife and kids not playing games....
8/12/2015 8:54 PM
Ever hear of a smartphone?  FFS...that's how I do all of my gameplanning, recruiting, etc at work...get up from my desk for a couple mins, do what I have to do and bam, back to work...that's the work around...
8/12/2015 10:12 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/12/2015 8:08:00 PM (view original):
No offense to anyone, but I don't understand why so many people feel it necessary to play games (any games, not just WIS) while at work. 

I'm an incredibly busy person myself, working far more than a normal work week. I could log on at work because we do not have any such monitoring or blocking software and no one would care - but I don't, because to be honest I have too much work to do.  Evidently not everyone's schedule is so busy, but even if I wasn't so swamped all the time, I still wouldn't play games at work, because  while I enjoy the games and like having fun as much as anyone, my background is that work is time to be productive, not play games. Again, no offense to anyone else.

So please forgive me if I am not overly sympathetic to this situation, but if I had that much free time to play WIS at work, I'd be asking my employer for a raise since I would be so productive as to get my work done and have that much time left over.

This...I said the same thing a few years ago and guys on here were trying to say that their employers didn't intend to block whatifsports.com or wisjournal or whatever else, and that the block was basically a glitch in their system.....uhhhh NO...they don't want you playing ******* games at work, idiot.
8/12/2015 10:14 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/12/2015 8:54:00 PM (view original):
There was a guy (biglenr) who basically took the exact opposite approach....he felt when he was at home his family was his primary concern and not WIS....home was for enjoying his wife and kids not playing games....
If HD/WIS is a job to you...maybe you shouldn't play...
8/12/2015 10:15 PM
Shawn, there may also people guys that may do their gameplanning during their lunch break. Unless bandwidth was a concern, I would have no problem with an employee getting in at that time.
8/13/2015 1:37 AM
No offense to anyone, but I don't understand why so many people feel it necessary to play games (any games, not just WIS) while at work. 

I'm an incredibly busy person myself, working far more than a normal work week. I could log on at work because we do not have any such monitoring or blocking software and no one would care - but I don't, because to be honest I have too much work to do.  Evidently not everyone's schedule is so busy, but even if I wasn't so swamped all the time, I still wouldn't play games at work, because  while I enjoy the games and like having fun as much as anyone, my background is that work is time to be productive, not play games. Again, no offense to anyone else.

So please forgive me if I am not overly sympathetic to this situation, but if I had that much free time to play WIS at work, I'd be asking my employer for a raise since I would be so productive as to get my work done and have that much time left over.

Blah blah blah, I'm important I work hard and work time is for work. I too work far more than a normal work week. I pull on on call shift at my job. I work in the middle of the night, on weekends, and basically whenever my company needs me to. Working 80 hours in a week is not that uncommon for me. I am paid hourly and I make overtime for the extra hours each week so I'm not complaining about compensation. However, if you work that many hours, or even a normal 8 hour day, people are entitled to take breaks.

Oh you said no offense to anyone, so I guess I can't take exception to your post. but good for you and your background, you were clearly raised better than many people on this site

No offense
8/13/2015 6:51 AM

And everyone else works as job just like yours? As someone who works a job where everything is time sensitive there is 5-10 hours of downtime a week. Now I also have 3 or 4 days a week ( like last night) where I got woken up at midnight and had to get work completed til 3am. For anyone with a job like this the mirror sites were a terrific advantage because we could get scouting and game planning done during down time as opposed to during our limited free time outside the office.
8/13/2015 8:13 AM
yeah......i  don't see a need for being judgmental about when/where/how other people want to play a game.
8/13/2015 9:50 AM
Surprising to me that anyone would have or express an opinion about when others participate in this activity and the circumstances in which they work.

People are of course entitled to their opinions - including wrongheaded opinions.

8/13/2015 10:12 AM
Taking a break from work is actually a good thing. Obviously you shouldn't be doing it all day everyday and you shouldn't abuse it but taking 5-10 minutes after a couple hours of work is healthy, normal and actually encouraged. If you want to spend those few minutes checking your line up and gameplan for tonights game or check your facebook or email a friend, it's up to you how you spend your break time.

https://open.bufferapp.com/science-taking-breaks-at-work/
8/13/2015 10:43 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/12/2015 10:14:00 PM (view original):

This...I said the same thing a few years ago and guys on here were trying to say that their employers didn't intend to block whatifsports.com or wisjournal or whatever else, and that the block was basically a glitch in their system.....uhhhh NO...they don't want you playing ******* games at work, idiot.
Oh my god, screw both of you guys right in the face.
8/13/2015 11:20 AM
This is bullshit. I work on medical imaging equipment during surgery and when patients are on the table in the middle of Truama accident or how ever they got hurt. If my equipment is up and running and my PM's are done and I have to be at my hospital 10 hours a day and on call. So if I'm sitting here and nothing is going on I'm getting on this site or any site and looking around. I get a call and drop what I'm doing and go. I get paid for what I know not what I do (productivity). Please keep you feelings to your self. And Colonels, don't tell me what my employer wants me to do.
8/13/2015 11:39 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.