whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

I'm curious, has Shawn said what he does for a living? If so, could someone let me know? If not, Shawn, would you mind telling me? No worries, regardless. And I appreciate the info, if available.
9/1/2015 9:21 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 9/1/2015 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/31/2015 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 8/31/2015 5:22:00 AM (view original):
Shawn continues to believe that what he spews is fact, apparently totally unaware of what constitutes an opinion.  Shawn, again, just because YOU believe something does not necessarily nor automatically make it factual.
I know very well the difference between opinion and fact.  Do you understand that my opinions are based upon the facts?

I think that would be a difficult admission for most here, since it would likely shatter the notion that anyone might be able to argue effectively against what I've said.

I already believe that's a foregone conclusion anyway, but sheer stubbornness is likely to keep even those without a sound argument from giving up.

Irony is a hard one to pin down (probably the hardest), but you've come very close. A person whose username is a bastardization of Confucius (which you spelled wrong by the way), who was probably the godfather of anti-factual paradoxical insight (if a thing could actually be said to exist), is railing about not only their absolute grasp of the notion of a fact but its epistemological relation to opinion.

The combination of those things are just the tip of the iceberg which shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.
Irony isn't hard to pin down at all. See the end of this post.

It's so commonplace to launch a ridiculous personal attack when you know you have no real argument. I consider that a compliment to me that you chose to do so.

However, doing so out of sheer ignorance in a reference to someone's username - especially when you have no idea how or why they selected it - completely destroys any credibility you might have gained with a real argument.

Back to irony. You suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about after taking the action I just described pins that irony down very well.

9/1/2015 9:53 AM
Posted by Benis on 9/1/2015 4:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/31/2015 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/30/2015 8:38:00 PM (view original):
Truth? Based upon what?
What part of truth don't you understand? I ask in all sincerity.

Can you provide some data or examples from personal experience that would make your statement "the truth" rather than opinion?

Basically prove that things like surfing the Internet on your break, having social conversations at work, etc (and all things discussed in this thread that people find to be "normal" behavior) occur ONLY in America but not in Canada, Mexico or any country in Europe.
Please read the thread. What you ask has already been done.

I never said those things only occur in America.

9/1/2015 9:55 AM
Hi Shawn, just following up on the question about your profession at the top of this page, in case you missed it above. No worries if you can't tell me. And thanks if you can.
9/1/2015 10:32 AM
I just stumbled onto this thread and read a couple of randomly chosen pages, and I have to say that my mind is swimming.  This is as brilliant a thread as I can remember, and I thank everyone who made it so.

Oh, crap!  My boss is heading this way!  Gotta go.

9/1/2015 11:00 AM
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/1/2015 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Shawn continues to believe that what he spews is fact, apparently totally unaware of what constitutes an opinion.  Shawn, again, just because YOU believe something does not necessarily nor automatically make it factual.
I know very well the difference between opinion and fact.  Do you understand that my opinions are based upon the facts?

I think that would be a difficult admission for most here, since it would likely shatter the notion that anyone might be able to argue effectively against what I've said.

I already believe that's a foregone conclusion anyway, but sheer stubbornness is likely to keep even those without a sound argument from giving up.

Irony is a hard one to pin down (probably the hardest), but you've come very close. A person whose username is a bastardization of Confucius (which you spelled wrong by the way), who was probably the godfather of anti-factual paradoxical insight (if a thing could actually be said to exist), is railing about not only their absolute grasp of the notion of a fact but its epistemological relation to opinion.

The combination of those things are just the tip of the iceberg which shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.

It's so commonplace to launch a ridiculous personal attack when you know you have no real argument. I consider that a compliment to me that you chose to do so.

However, doing so out of sheer ignorance in a reference to someone's username - especially when you have no idea how or why they selected it - completely destroys any credibility you might have gained with a real argument.

Back to irony. You suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about after taking the action I just described pins that irony down very well.

there was no personal attack there... im not posting to argue just to say, kudos nacho, nice post, i rather enjoyed it.
9/1/2015 1:13 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/1/2015 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/1/2015 4:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/31/2015 10:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/30/2015 8:38:00 PM (view original):
Truth? Based upon what?
What part of truth don't you understand? I ask in all sincerity.

Can you provide some data or examples from personal experience that would make your statement "the truth" rather than opinion?

Basically prove that things like surfing the Internet on your break, having social conversations at work, etc (and all things discussed in this thread that people find to be "normal" behavior) occur ONLY in America but not in Canada, Mexico or any country in Europe.
Please read the thread. What you ask has already been done.

I never said those things only occur in America.

You said lack of work ethic is one of the reasons America is in a state of decline. I don't see where you supported this with any solid facts or data. Maybe you can link me to it?
9/1/2015 2:29 PM
Shawn's proof is that he has talked to people who feel the same way.....the conflicting data is that Americans work more hours per week than just about every other first world nation.
9/1/2015 2:31 PM
If you're really interested this was a interesting read on the concept (and perception of decline) of work ethic......David J Woehr,  The Meaning and Measurement of Work Ethic....The first two pages are relevant to this discussion
9/1/2015 2:36 PM
We all know that if you redshirt a player his work ethic can nosedive.  This is what is wrong in America - too many people have been redshirted.  Especially those Americans who were pulled down from countries in a higher division.
9/1/2015 2:38 PM
I  alway think I am better than I am
9/1/2015 2:40 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/1/2015 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 9/1/2015 9:53:00 AM (view original):

there was no personal attack there... im not posting to argue just to say, kudos nacho, nice post, i rather enjoyed it.
Thanks yo, I've rather enjoyed your (among others) work on this thread as well. Like davis said, it actually is a good read.
9/1/2015 4:07 PM
so, what would people think if an employee declined to use the company email system and instead handled work emails on a separate server outside the control of the company?
9/1/2015 4:36 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 9/1/2015 4:36:00 PM (view original):
so, what would people think if an employee declined to use the company email system and instead handled work emails on a separate server outside the control of the company?
lol, you...

edit: for a company, as long as its in accordance with the security policy, who cares? if not, the employer controls the email address... if an employee decided to do it, the employer should know, and if they waited a decade to say anything, i don't think they could get too upset at the employee. boss != employee though, thats a different ballgame.
9/1/2015 5:05 PM (edited)
Posted by Trentonjoe on 9/1/2015 2:36:00 PM (view original):
If you're really interested this was a interesting read on the concept (and perception of decline) of work ethic......David J Woehr,  The Meaning and Measurement of Work Ethic....The first two pages are relevant to this discussion
I had forgotten how much that I loved Max Weber
9/1/2015 5:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...25 Next ▸
whatif.cincinnati.com not working anymore? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.