Levels of recruiting in D1 Topic

So I have been learning the ropes in D1 recruiting and how different it is compared to D3/D2... Now after moving from D to C in D1 prestige I'm wondering where I should start to baseline my recruits. 

When I was D I looked around 100 and tried to reach for around 50. Now being C should I reach for 1 star/2star or is that out of reach? Should I even bother with higher rated recruits for example maybe top25 that aren't starred? I know once I get B / B+ I can get real aggressive but I'm mainly not sure where my my pulldown line is... Thanks!
8/19/2015 7:31 PM
try not to get to fixated on guys better than #50,  there may be a few here and there you'll be able to get right off the bat but you'll have to sebd a test call to see where u reallly are. 
8/20/2015 10:15 AM
At D/D+, you can sometimes get 1 star guys.  At C, I'd say 2 stars, maybe 3.  In Louisiana, I don't think there's a whole lot of competition around that C- to B range (I could be wrong, never recruited there), so those guys who aren't quite good enough to go to LSU, you could realistically pick up.  
8/20/2015 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone, exact info I was looking for! 
8/20/2015 9:25 PM
Posted by tkimble on 8/20/2015 10:30:00 AM (view original):
At D/D+, you can sometimes get 1 star guys.  At C, I'd say 2 stars, maybe 3.  In Louisiana, I don't think there's a whole lot of competition around that C- to B range (I could be wrong, never recruited there), so those guys who aren't quite good enough to go to LSU, you could realistically pick up.  
My biggest competition is mostly out of TEX and some of the lower big 6 teams like right now auburn will reach down or Tex A M or Texas Tech
8/20/2015 9:44 PM
I think a lot of coaches get caught up in 1, 2, 3 star players, etc.  While it's nice to know just how high you can reach, at C prestige much of your roster is still going to be those guys ranked 50+ at their positions with lots of potential.  Once you get to the B- or B range, then reaching higher gets a little easier.  Until then, you have the lower prestige teams from Big 6 conferences that are going to take those starred players (as you mentioned above).
8/21/2015 8:17 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 8/21/2015 8:17:00 AM (view original):
I think a lot of coaches get caught up in 1, 2, 3 star players, etc.  While it's nice to know just how high you can reach, at C prestige much of your roster is still going to be those guys ranked 50+ at their positions with lots of potential.  Once you get to the B- or B range, then reaching higher gets a little easier.  Until then, you have the lower prestige teams from Big 6 conferences that are going to take those starred players (as you mentioned above).
I do feel in the conference I am always a bit behind the other human school (b- prestige) because he consistently refuels with stronger starting freshmen. I end up catching him 2 seasons late with potential partially my fault because I prefer the 3-3-3-3 ish roster core. However when he consistently pulls 590+\600+ ready to start guys and I have to roll in with 550 ish it can hurt for a season while my dudes catch up. Overall right now I do actually have the highest "rated" team in the conference for the first time ever which mostly accounts for a heavy grad class he had so we will see. I just need to find a way to find good potential with higher starting rating that doesn't get swooped up by low big 6 schools.
8/22/2015 12:30 AM
Levels of recruiting in D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.