Coach Firings: When? Topic

When do they do the firings? Is it before or after renewal deadline?
8/19/2015 10:20 PM
It happens immediately after players declare for the draft.
8/19/2015 11:21 PM
immediately after players declare whenever pigs fly - not a common event at all
8/20/2015 8:39 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/20/2015 8:39:00 AM (view original):
immediately after players declare whenever pigs fly - not a common event at all
Well the pigs are going to be flying in Pittsburgh soon cause I'm 100% confident I'm getting fired.
8/20/2015 1:50 PM
I been meaning to ask you - does Wappingers Falls mean anything to you?
8/20/2015 2:45 PM
llama if you are asking me, the answer is no. I had to look Wappingers Falls up to know where it was lol
8/20/2015 6:40 PM
It's funny that in HD it is very rare they fire anybody, but in GD coaches get fired all the time. Even with winning records, if they don't go to a good
enough bowl game and don't win their bowl games get fired frequently. In HD Tarkanian the coach at Virginia Tech has been to the NT just once in the last 33 seasons!
He hasn't even been to the PI in the last 7 seasons. He went 0-27 last season. He is 2-46 in the ACC the last 3 seasons. It is a gross disservice
to other coaches who would like to coach at one of the 6 power conferences but can't in the two games a day worlds where nobody seems to leave
and nobody, no matter how bad of a coach or how little they care about competing, will never, ever lose their job. Complaining to WIS will do no good.
Fox has obviously put all WIS games on auto-pilot. GD is becoming a barren wasteland. In one world there are 14 human coaches for the 120 D1-AA teams.
Another has less than 20 in D2 where there are more teams. A D3 world has something like 27 humans for 228 teams. Sadly, it is the future of HD. No updates and more players (including me) getting disillusioned with paying a company hard earned money that does not care one bit about its customers and totally takes them for granted. It is a shame because HD is such a great game with nothing close to comparing with it. But it does need some simple tweaks. (the GD game totally sucks but that is a different matter).

8/21/2015 5:07 PM
What would it cost for us to buy Hoops Dynasty off Fox?
Or, how much did Fox pay to buy it from the original owner/ creator?
8/21/2015 5:31 PM (edited)
Posted by npb7768 on 8/21/2015 5:31:00 PM (view original):
What would it cost for us to buy Hoops Dynasty off Fox?
Or, how much did Fox pay to buy it from the original owner/ creator?
I would be 100% down for this.

I don't know how much things cost or what Fox paid for it, but i guess how much it would cost to buy if off fox if they even listened would be 40K and I might be wrong and very low I could see 60-100K possibly, since I doubt fox would easily give it up either since its basically free money for them.

Now we just need our multi-millionaires of HD to come out and buy it off them lol

8/21/2015 5:38 PM (edited)
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2015 6:40:00 PM (view original):
llama if you are asking me, the answer is no. I had to look Wappingers Falls up to know where it was lol
Good to know!  Roy C. Ketcham High School, mascot: Indians, is located there.
8/21/2015 6:33 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 8/21/2015 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/20/2015 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Good to know!  Roy C. Ketcham High School, mascot: Indians, is located there.
Oh gotcha. I am a big Cleveland Indians fan. Little misplaced as I am from NC though.
8/22/2015 11:17 PM
llamanunts, it may not mean anything to indiansrck, but it means something to me. Lived in Wappingers Falls for most of my childhood...
8/25/2015 10:28 PM
Posted by tooslim on 8/21/2015 5:07:00 PM (view original):
It's funny that in HD it is very rare they fire anybody, but in GD coaches get fired all the time. Even with winning records, if they don't go to a good
enough bowl game and don't win their bowl games get fired frequently. In HD Tarkanian the coach at Virginia Tech has been to the NT just once in the last 33 seasons!
He hasn't even been to the PI in the last 7 seasons. He went 0-27 last season. He is 2-46 in the ACC the last 3 seasons. It is a gross disservice
to other coaches who would like to coach at one of the 6 power conferences but can't in the two games a day worlds where nobody seems to leave
and nobody, no matter how bad of a coach or how little they care about competing, will never, ever lose their job. Complaining to WIS will do no good.
Fox has obviously put all WIS games on auto-pilot. GD is becoming a barren wasteland. In one world there are 14 human coaches for the 120 D1-AA teams.
Another has less than 20 in D2 where there are more teams. A D3 world has something like 27 humans for 228 teams. Sadly, it is the future of HD. No updates and more players (including me) getting disillusioned with paying a company hard earned money that does not care one bit about its customers and totally takes them for granted. It is a shame because HD is such a great game with nothing close to comparing with it. But it does need some simple tweaks. (the GD game totally sucks but that is a different matter).

A coach in Knight has had Tennessee for 54 seasons and only 10 NT berths.  23 PI berths though, but none in the last four seasons and only three PI appearances in the last 10 seasons.

It's a terrible part of the game that needs to be changed.

9/10/2015 12:26 PM
Posted by ardthomp on 9/10/2015 12:26:00 PM (view original):

A coach in Knight has had Tennessee for 54 seasons and only 10 NT berths.  23 PI berths though, but none in the last four seasons and only three PI appearances in the last 10 seasons.

10 NTs and 23 PIs in 54 seasons is a lot better than some of the stuff that flies, honestly. when i wanted to move to kentucky (before i left and you were the next coach), the guy had 6 straight no-post seasons to start, and then in the 7th, had a PIT 1 or maybe 2. after another season of no post season, i sent a ticket, asking what the deal was. they said you get 7 seasons minimum and he would have been fired but the PI1 "saved" him. a+ elite jobs shouldn't be "saved" by making the freaking PIT. 
9/10/2015 12:37 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/10/2015 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ardthomp on 9/10/2015 12:26:00 PM (view original):

10 NTs and 23 PIs in 54 seasons is a lot better than some of the stuff that flies, honestly. when i wanted to move to kentucky (before i left and you were the next coach), the guy had 6 straight no-post seasons to start, and then in the 7th, had a PIT 1 or maybe 2. after another season of no post season, i sent a ticket, asking what the deal was. they said you get 7 seasons minimum and he would have been fired but the PI1 "saved" him. a+ elite jobs shouldn't be "saved" by making the freaking PIT. 
I agree.  PIT shouldn't save a job.
9/10/2015 1:11 PM
12 Next ▸
Coach Firings: When? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.