Player Quits after Cutting another player Topic

I didn't even know this was possible or had ever heard of it before, I rescinded the scholarship of a player at a school I just took over, and another player sent me an e-mail saying "Who do you think you are, coming in and booting Okello Abu off the team. I've had enough. You can catch me lightin it up on TV for someone else next season."

Is there any way I could have seen this coming?
8/26/2015 2:19 PM
nope. bad luck. i've been there. cut a chump freshman after taking over a new team, lost my best senior.
8/26/2015 2:34 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 8/26/2015 2:34:00 PM (view original):
nope. bad luck. i've been there. cut a chump freshman after taking over a new team, lost my best senior.
WOW unreal. Thanks for posting OP. Learn something new everyday.
8/26/2015 2:41 PM
yeah same here it was my best post player by far, total BS that there's nothing in the WIS documentation about this, I've sent in a ticket
8/26/2015 2:42 PM
Looks like your Auburn team... I wonder if it had something to do with 2 players being cut (one on 8/24 and then 8/26)?

Still seems harsh and rather non-coach centric, which is the way I like things.
8/26/2015 2:56 PM
I was a beneficiary of this. Grand Canyon (DII) cut a guy and lost this player www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx because of it.
8/26/2015 3:08 PM
Posted by bakerbarnett on 8/26/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
yeah same here it was my best post player by far, total BS that there's nothing in the WIS documentation about this, I've sent in a ticket
i wouldn't say that... have you looked extensively? many of us knew this existed, its just really rare. i think its so rare that most of the long timers have never seen it (such as myself). i thought it was mentioned in a KB article somewhere too.

hey - you cut a freshman and lost a senior? crazy. i was lead to believe they had to be in the same class. was that senior recruited 4 years ago, or was he maybe a juco or transfer or something?
8/26/2015 5:16 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/26/2015 5:16:00 PM (view original):
i wouldn't say that... have you looked extensively? many of us knew this existed, its just really rare. i think its so rare that most of the long timers have never seen it (such as myself). i thought it was mentioned in a KB article somewhere too.

hey - you cut a freshman and lost a senior? crazy. i was lead to believe they had to be in the same class. was that senior recruited 4 years ago, or was he maybe a juco or transfer or something?
I looked for a while before submitting a ticket, no mention of it.  The senior was in headed into his 4th year on the team, the scholarship I rescinded was of the lowest rated guy on my team who was an ineligible headed into his 3rd year..
8/26/2015 5:18 PM

nope, in my situation, no connection at all. it was a 4th-year senior, best front court player and highest rated on that team who cut in protest after i axed a really bad freshman player.

i think the conclusion was basically it's really rare and really bad luck

here was the thread where i discussed it a tiny bit : www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

8/26/2015 5:29 PM
this has been discussed on the forums now and then - I think it is discussed in a dev chat or some other obscure official place.

I have seen it happen but only very very rarely.  The idea as discussed is that a guy gets ****** that his buddy was cut.  There are good old threads on stuff like rescinding.
8/26/2015 5:32 PM

From the HD FAQ from the drop menu (last sentence):

Q: I'd like to rescind a scholarship to one of my returning players - can I do that?
A:

Yes, a player's scholarship can be rescinded anytime after the conclusion of the job change period and prior to signings starting during the following recruiting period. Note that you must have seasons remaining on your account before you can rescind a scholarship. Simply click on 'rescind scholarship' next to the player's name in the coach's office.

Keep in mind, that rescinding a scholarship of a player that you signed for no fault of the player may make recruiting for your school more difficult in the future as no kid will want to play at a program which isn't loyal to it's players. You do not receive any additional recruiting money when you rescind a scholarship. Also, cutting a player could cause other players to leave as well.

8/26/2015 9:23 PM
I have cut probably 10-15 players and have never seen this, but it pops up for discussion from time to time here.

Which scenario is more likely:
1. Getting a "long-shot" job
2. Having a player walk off after a teammate is cut
8/26/2015 9:34 PM
8/26/2015 9:37 PM
Posted by bro_lunardi on 8/26/2015 9:34:00 PM (view original):
I have cut probably 10-15 players and have never seen this, but it pops up for discussion from time to time here.

Which scenario is more likely:
1. Getting a "long-shot" job
2. Having a player walk off after a teammate is cut
Definitely 2...not sure I've ever heard of anyone actually getting picked up as 1. 
8/27/2015 3:01 AM

I've been playing a long time and had absolutely no idea this could happen.
8/27/2015 7:35 AM
12 Next ▸
Player Quits after Cutting another player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.