Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

something needs to be done.  I am so fed up with spinning my wheels.  I will not keep playing if the playing field is not leveled.  Its no fun if your only goal is to get to the NT tourney to maybe win one game.  Maybe that is what the game has come to because we are striving so much for reality.  To me, reality means less and less people will play every year because its no fun if you have no shot at getting to the final four.
10/31/2015 2:28 PM
Hope this has been brought up or gets read...

The 3-hour recruiting cycle is way too frequent for me to keep up with. It used to be fine when I was in college and when the game was completely new and exciting to me. Now, if I miss a 6-hour period during recruiting, I may damage my team for the next 8 months.

Will the importance of cycles change with the new system? Maybe. still, I would rather it get stretched out more than the proposal. I would be fine with 1-day cycles.
11/3/2015 7:28 PM
1 change I would like to see is recruits would not show who they are considering. Have them give more of a where you stand with them for example under considering have it state strongly, mildly, or no chance in hell. Doing this would eliminate anyone knowing what players are considering who, you would only know where you stand with this player. I feel this would also help eliminate collusion and poaching claims.
11/7/2015 5:17 PM
Posted by weirdrash on 10/31/2015 2:28:00 PM (view original):
something needs to be done.  I am so fed up with spinning my wheels.  I will not keep playing if the playing field is not leveled.  Its no fun if your only goal is to get to the NT tourney to maybe win one game.  Maybe that is what the game has come to because we are striving so much for reality.  To me, reality means less and less people will play every year because its no fun if you have no shot at getting to the final four.
coaches quit in real life when they're at a program that has no shot of getting to the Final 4?
11/10/2015 1:10 PM
been reading all this and having just returned to HD after a few year hiatus and having 60-70 seasons in before I am happy someone is still working on the game cause nothing except cosmetic changes occurred while i was gone.  i don't change jobs, i stay DIII and want to see my guys in the record books so i wasted a lot of time here reading about job changes, i wish more would have been said about the actual process of scouting and recruiting.  i love the thought of having recruiting periods in seasons then dead periods , its more realistic.  This is a move in the right direction
11/15/2015 6:51 PM
Posted by kap the cub on 11/15/2015 6:51:00 PM (view original):
been reading all this and having just returned to HD after a few year hiatus and having 60-70 seasons in before I am happy someone is still working on the game cause nothing except cosmetic changes occurred while i was gone.  i don't change jobs, i stay DIII and want to see my guys in the record books so i wasted a lot of time here reading about job changes, i wish more would have been said about the actual process of scouting and recruiting.  i love the thought of having recruiting periods in seasons then dead periods , its more realistic.  This is a move in the right direction
from what i've learned from the discussions - the change is geared toward fixing elite d1 issues.
as for d2/d3 - we won't be able to pull down players from the higher level and internationals will probably be out of  reach for d2/d3. which is the only way (currently) to compete in d2/d3. and if they aren't going to change recruit generation, d2/d3 will be a miserable game.
11/16/2015 2:24 PM
Posted by crazyivan on 11/16/2015 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kap the cub on 11/15/2015 6:51:00 PM (view original):
from what i've learned from the discussions - the change is geared toward fixing elite d1 issues.
as for d2/d3 - we won't be able to pull down players from the higher level and internationals will probably be out of  reach for d2/d3. which is the only way (currently) to compete in d2/d3. and if they aren't going to change recruit generation, d2/d3 will be a miserable game.
You will just need to find and recruit the best players, just like now. How you find them might change. You can't send 45 campus visits in a month (how was that realistic anyway).. But you can do it other ways.
11/18/2015 3:33 AM
a d2 school could never afford to send 45 campus visits to anyone. as i previously said -  this is a fix for elite d1 schools. and without significant recruit generation changes - d2 and d3 schools will be forced to field teams w/ crappier players...how can this be an improvement?
and it has been mentioned that only players within 400 (or so) miles will be available to d2/d3.....so, once again - how is this an improvement - if there aren't enough decent (let alone quality) players to sign d2/d3?
i think the most telling factor is that admin hasn't posted anything in almost a month.
11/18/2015 2:42 PM
A. He posted in the Dev blog 8 days ago.

B. You will have a Scouting budget to use, however you want to use it. You can find information about people wherever you want.. It just costs more to scout at longer distances.

C. Recruiting long distance will be easier.. A campus or home visit costs the same at all distances in the new system. You get x to use whereever. It will cost more to scout guys at distance.. But once you know the info about an individual recruit at long distance and decide you want him, the actual recruiting process makes effort the same regardless of distance.

D. All the Div 2 teams will have the same restrictions, so competitively the teams will still be the same in comparison to each other.
11/18/2015 6:07 PM (edited)
you forgot...

E. It will probably take 6-8 seasons (or a year) to learn this new game. I'd rather not spend $100 learning a completely new game (with 1 team in 1 world). If i had D1 ambitions, then i'd probably be acceptable to this new game - but as a D2 devotee, i just don't see the need for this drastic a change.

11/19/2015 10:47 AM
you forgot you also waste your first season with not being able to bring in your own guy.
11/19/2015 5:44 PM
Posted by crazyivan on 11/19/2015 10:47:00 AM (view original):
you forgot...

E. It will probably take 6-8 seasons (or a year) to learn this new game. I'd rather not spend $100 learning a completely new game (with 1 team in 1 world). If i had D1 ambitions, then i'd probably be acceptable to this new game - but as a D2 devotee, i just don't see the need for this drastic a change.

There will be a beta world.. Maybe you can learn there.
11/21/2015 5:02 PM
Except with the two recruiting periods you would be able to bring in some of your own guys.  THe way I remember reading the split, one would be before new coaches, the other after.

11/21/2015 10:34 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 11/21/2015 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Except with the two recruiting periods you would be able to bring in some of your own guys.  THe way I remember reading the split, one would be before new coaches, the other after.

ah yes excited to get the leftovers
11/22/2015 8:50 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 11/22/2015 8:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 11/21/2015 10:34:00 PM (view original):

ah yes excited to get the leftovers
Except there will be some guys who don't sign early (by design), so there will be players in the 2nd period who are good. In fact, if there are coaches who always fill their spots in the early period, you might get some good deals then.
11/22/2015 1:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.