Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

once it was said 300 miles for a recruit in d3 was ignorant.  so nobody recruited anything away from there radius.  i became quite successful in colorado, new mexico, and wyoming operating out of carnegie mellon cause they were actually cheaper cause nobody recruited them, this is a time when recruiting battles were much more frequent and they had waiting lists for the new crum league, before the 2 a day leagues even.  bottom line in the game is sagnant and forgotton about treasure in a wealthy mans attic, it needs innovation and to be awakened. seble has the best interest of HD at heart and if he finds the beta blows he won't change it.  i think most of the ideas are realistic and good, and well overdue. if it sucks they'll know, but they have done right in most aspects in the past when any effort was given to actaully trying to improve it for us
1/3/2016 7:33 PM
may have missed it somewhere in between the plethora of novels written in this thread, but i have two very simple questions:
1. Is there an ETA yet for this rollout?
2. Have they started talking about beta testing, and if so, is there a way to sign up?

Personally, like anything involving change, there will be kinks that need to be worked out. But I love the ideas that have been proposed so far. If I were a 17 year old kid and Bill Self spent 80k to come to my house 47 times in a span of 3 days I'd be pretty weirded out. Likewise, if I was a D3 prospect and if Irrelevant U sent me 60 calls and 60 letters in that same time span, I'd probably also think they were pretty desperate. Lastly, if I was a highly rated recruit looking at playing in a power conference and a coach went hard after me, offered me 15-20 mins and a promised start, and they were upper "B" caliber instead of "A+ infiniti", I think playing time at a quality program vs riding the bench for 4 years would sway my decision more than just about anything. Think Michael Beasley/Bill walker deciding to go play in Manhattan, KS over pretty much every other school in the country that would've given anything to have them. Things like this happen all the time in real life. Butler went to back to back final four/natty ships...when they recruited those players, I bet their prestige would've been a low C at best. That type of run would NEVER be possible in this game. 

Personally I'm excited to see the changes and would love to be part of the beta testing. Yes, some people will get the short end of the stick at the outset, but it beats the hell out of the 90% of us that are getting the short end every. single. season. because the system is so horribly rigged.
1/31/2016 6:41 AM
Posted by cjheinz on 1/31/2016 6:41:00 AM (view original):
may have missed it somewhere in between the plethora of novels written in this thread, but i have two very simple questions:
2. Have they started talking about beta testing, and if so, is there a way to sign up?

Personally, like anything involving change, there will be kinks that need to be worked out. But I love the ideas that have been proposed so far. If I were a 17 year old kid and Bill Self spent 80k to come to my house 47 times in a span of 3 days I'd be pretty weirded out. Likewise, if I was a D3 prospect and if Irrelevant U sent me 60 calls and 60 letters in that same time span, I'd probably also think they were pretty desperate. Lastly, if I was a highly rated recruit looking at playing in a power conference and a coach went hard after me, offered me 15-20 mins and a promised start, and they were upper "B" caliber instead of "A+ infiniti", I think playing time at a quality program vs riding the bench for 4 years would sway my decision more than just about anything. Think Michael Beasley/Bill walker deciding to go play in Manhattan, KS over pretty much every other school in the country that would've given anything to have them. Things like this happen all the time in real life. Butler went to back to back final four/natty ships...when they recruited those players, I bet their prestige would've been a low C at best. That type of run would NEVER be possible in this game. 

Personally I'm excited to see the changes and would love to be part of the beta testing. Yes, some people will get the short end of the stick at the outset, but it beats the hell out of the 90% of us that are getting the short end every. single. season. because the system is so horribly rigged.
I am excited also.  When it was first announced I was more excited and very interested to see what it was all about.  The idea of not "buying" a recruit I like.  It gives it some randomness, though I know that ticks some people off.  I like if Duke, Texas, Kentucky, and UCLA all go for the number 1 kid in Texas, then all have a chance.  Not just who is within 360 miles, etc.  That is way more realistic.

I hope the BETA comes soon though, I would love to be apart of it!
2/2/2016 11:13 AM
Posted by cjheinz on 1/31/2016 6:41:00 AM (view original):

1) no
2) no
2/4/2016 5:22 PM
It would be nice to get at least some kind of update
2/4/2016 11:32 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/4/2016 11:32:00 PM (view original):
It would be nice to get at least some kind of update
Agreed
2/5/2016 7:57 PM
we got one...
Quick update on the recruiting changes.  I lost a few weeks of time helping out with things related to the Hardball Dynasty update, but I'm back working on recruiting full time now.  I've gotten a good start on building the new pages and some of the back-end processes to handle the new flow of recruiting.  I'm consulting with our resident math expert on some of the numbers to make sure things balance well between the various scouting actions and the team budgets.

We've also started getting some designs put together for the new user interface. It will be more of a refresh than a drastic change.  

We're probably still a few months away from getting a beta test running.  I want the new UI to be in good shape before starting that up.

I want to say again that things are still fluid in how the new system works.  I got tons of great feedback from you guys and there are still some legitimate issues to work out.  And I fully expect things to change during testing as we see what works and what doesn't.  So please keep an open mind going forward.

like he said, we were a few months away to start, and now, we are still a few months away. i think that is pretty clear. presumably, in a few months (which we are almost at now), he'll let us know if its still a few months or if now its only a couple months. also, feel good, because he is consulting with a math expert (yay!) and still maintains the position that he is open to changes in beta testing. 

i would bet the next update is very similar to this one, with the possible exception that "a few months" may actually be down to "a month or two" which of course will take more like a few months. also i suspect if he was ready to move past "a few months out" now, he'd tell us. so its probably safe to assume we are still a few months out at this point.
2/11/2016 1:36 PM (edited)
two comments, I read seble's comments, but not each users, so I might be doubling up on someone elses:

1 - a small change to recruiting involving new users, I'd request the penalty for cutting be reduced, so new coaches who did know what they were doing could nearly cut everyone (or half of everyone, but some number greater than 1) with no penalty to prestige or reputation.  This is pretty much how it works real life, and would solve one issue seble mentioned with new coaches coming in being hampered by the old coach performance, and also would allow coaches to move around a little more, without being saddled with someone elses, and often bad recruits for 3-4 seasons.

2 - the success or fail of the new recruiting change is best judged (by / for me) if not much else has changed, that way long term users (I) can judge if the changes have both spread the wealth out a bit along with made the recruiting process more interesting.  If I'd add a 3rd criteria for the recruiting pass / fail, I'd hope the overall time required to recruit would not increase, once the user / I got acustomed to the change.

2/11/2016 2:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.