Cosmetic Changes Topic

Seble mentioned cosmetic changes and a facelist which would also make it easier for mobile users.

Just wondering what exactly those are meaning?  Like is the whole coach office layout changing?  Is an app being developed instead of just a mobile friendly site(an app alone would probably increase popularity a lot)

Like I have some things I'd like added, I don't know what else other people do?

My biggest thing is this which basically just lets us see on the player rating page when exactly a recruit changed blue->black->red just making it easier incase you forget when he changed so you can estimate final growth.

Otherwise the 2nd biggest thing would be integrating the world forum and sitemail into the office view so it encourages entire world chat instead of just the conference chatboard.  Or even just make a world divisional chat board for small stuff like smack talk and show like the most recent world forum thread.

Some other cosmetic changes would be like getting some non goofy *** player pictures, but thats really like dead last of all HD things I want updated.

Just wanted to see what other people had in mind
9/18/2015 4:22 PM
First idea is great. A divsional chat also sounds pretty interesting as well, that could possibly make it less boring for those in emptier conferences. It definetely would be cool if they added some more player faces, cant be that hard can it?
9/18/2015 4:29 PM
More mobile friendly might seem cosmetic but could actually be an important selling point ...
9/19/2015 8:23 AM
Maybe an App in the future too?

Personally I find the mobile site pretty easy to navigate. It's not the best thing in the world obviously but it's certainly never been an issue for me. Did my last recruiting entirely on my phone actually. Probably the most tedious things are setting practice minutes and reading mail during recruiting.
9/19/2015 9:03 AM
I guess I'll keep harping on this until I grow weary of it. I sent sitemails to seble in both 2012 and 2014 about this issue. I received the dreaded , "Suggestions are compiled and evaluated once a month. They are then prioritized and added to our future feature set lists we use for future updates."

School names need to be updated. Philadelphia Biblical in now called Cairn; Augusta State is now Georgia Regents; Wisconsin-Milwaukee is now Milwaukee; Wisconsin-Green Bay is now Green Bay; St. Andrews Presbyterian is now St. Andrews.

As much as the former administrator got on my nerves, he was very good at updating. He changed Columbia Union to Washington Adventist within 24 hours of my sitemail to him. He was also quick at changing Fairleigh Dickinson-Madison to Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham.

They had Murray State's location as Murray, TN instead of Murray, KY. That, also, was changed quickly
9/19/2015 9:14 AM (edited)
Posted by alblack56 on 9/19/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):
I guess I'll keep harping on this until I grow weary of it. I sent sitemails to seble in both 2012 and 2014 about this issue. I received the dreaded , "Suggestions are compiled and evaluated once a month. They are then prioritized and added to our future feature set lists we use for future updates."

School names need to be updated. Philadelphia Biblical in now called Cairn; Augusta State is now Georgia Regents; Wisconsin-Milwaukee is now Milwaukee; Wisconsin-Green Bay is now Green Bay; St. Andrews Presbyterian is now St. Andrews.

As much as the former administrator got on my nerves, he was very good at updating. He changed Columbia Union to Washington Adventist within 24 hours of my sitemail to him. He was also quick at changing Fairleigh Dickinson-Madison to Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham.

They had Murray State's location as Murray, TN instead of Murray, KY. That, also, was changed quickly
+1
9/19/2015 12:32 PM
Posted by zorzii on 9/19/2015 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 9/19/2015 9:14:00 AM (view original):

+1
+1

There are so many things like this that they haven't updated.  I don't know how much anyone pays attention to the high schools that kids attend, but that list really needs to be updated as well.  In addition to a number of schools that just aren't open anymore, the current recruiting class in Crum has a couple of guys who are attending vocational schools (I hear ITT Tech has a great basketball program though), one guy is attending an evening English as a Second Language School, but far and away my favorite has to be this guy's high school ...

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=3481837

9/19/2015 1:01 PM
LOL, possumfiend.  I think many parents of 15 year-old boys would gladly send them to an all-girl's school. 
9/20/2015 4:25 AM
I'd like to see a few more creative names. I saw a recruit with the first name T-Bone a while back, and really wanted to get him on my team. But I prefer that they focus on the important stuff like they are doing now. I have sent in a couple of support tickets when I have noticed that the high school name is wrong, and they have always fixed those right away.

9/20/2015 10:06 PM
Idk but as a terrible spelling its sucks that I cant click a word and have my spellcheck come up like it does basically on every other site(as well as conference chat.

my forum posts are generally a lot more mispelled due to the stupid format of the forums(and why cant i just control+v paste ****)
9/21/2015 4:06 PM
Cosmetic Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.