Tarkanian D1 Final Four Topic

It's fun to see how Tarkanian has been dominated by the same coaches year after year.

Gillespie at Kansas is always there.
Oldresorter at Connecticut, always tough, pulling wins even when he is not the favorite.
JBasnight, arguably the best coach in all Tarkanian... If we think D1 is where it's decided.

We are missing Kimball (Miami FL) and acn24 UCLA, Kimball has been struggling in the NT the past seasons but his teams are always competitive and acn24 has won a lot at UCLA.

So I am going to root for Ohio State to win it all! It would be refreshing. At the start, I really tough Jwinner was the favorite at Michigan St. but he got a bad bounce against Connecticut. And the rest may be history... If Oldresorter raises the trophy...
9/19/2015 8:10 AM
pcclark is bringing it home for the big 10 .....and jlo0813 will win the pit as well go big 10 haha...
9/19/2015 9:19 AM
OHIO STATE WON, beat the relentless JBasnight for the National Championship. PCCLARK spent 40 seasons in D1 before winning it. He played at Stetson and got a chance to move to Ohio State, where it took a bit more than 30 seasons before winning it.

Congrats!
9/20/2015 9:05 AM
This is only the 4th time that Ohio State has won a championship in any world, so that is a nice feat.

9/20/2015 10:00 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 9/20/2015 10:00:00 PM (view original):
This is only the 4th time that Ohio State has won a championship in any world, so that is a nice feat.

Sadly my school isn't very good :/ although pcclark and buddhagamer rep them very well for a long time.

Any reason Ohio State isn't that great?  I know they are B+ baseline, I'm assuming having a high baseline Illi, Indiana, Kentucky, and MSU is a big problem?
9/20/2015 10:05 PM
Speaking of Final Fours, I realize I should know this and I could probably figure it out if I wasn't so lazy but are the same "regions" matched up in the Final Four every season (such as East versus West and South versus Midwest) or does it vary from year-to-year?  And if it does vary, how do you determine which regions are on the same "side" of the bracket when the pairings come out?  Thanks in advance.
9/21/2015 9:58 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/21/2015 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of Final Fours, I realize I should know this and I could probably figure it out if I wasn't so lazy but are the same "regions" matched up in the Final Four every season (such as East versus West and South versus Midwest) or does it vary from year-to-year?  And if it does vary, how do you determine which regions are on the same "side" of the bracket when the pairings come out?  Thanks in advance.
its always the same, the reason being that schools are not placed into regions with any regional consideration, as they are in real life.

edit: i don't know the names offhand, but if you look at the regions, the first listed in the drop down always hosts the 1 overall seed, always plays the second listed which hosts the 4th seed, and the third hosts the 2nd seed and plays the fourth (in the dropdown) which hosts the 3rd seed.
9/21/2015 10:58 PM (edited)
Posted by zorzii on 9/19/2015 8:10:00 AM (view original):
It's fun to see how Tarkanian has been dominated by the same coaches year after year.

Oldresorter at Connecticut, always tough, pulling wins even when he is not the favorite.
JBasnight, arguably the best coach in all Tarkanian... If we think D1 is where it's decided.

We are missing Kimball (Miami FL) and acn24 UCLA, Kimball has been struggling in the NT the past seasons but his teams are always competitive and acn24 has won a lot at UCLA.

So I am going to root for Ohio State to win it all! It would be refreshing. At the start, I really tough Jwinner was the favorite at Michigan St. but he got a bad bounce against Connecticut. And the rest may be history... If Oldresorter raises the trophy...

jbas has beaten me FOUR times in the final four, in the last six seasons! one of those, for the title. he's definitely on a roll. i think we have fairly similar programs, in terms of big post seasons, if anything kansas is probably slightly ahead - but that 0/4 recently in the big games is really eating me up! especially as we play every year in the regular season, to give some context to it all. but really, there is one program that is ahead of us both, and that is acn at UCLA. maybe not so much this past year, but i think there is more to a dynasty than the last year, with all the luck inherent in the NT and in recruit generation. UCLA is definitely the premier program in d1 tark, in my book, with kansas and syracuse on the next line. there are other high end programs, like minnesota until jwilli left, and kimball at miami florida, but especially when you look at final fours not just titles, there is definitely some separation between the top 3 and the rest.

edit: thats all of recent. connecticut is obviously the all time #1 program in tark, and maybe in all of d1 history. 

9/21/2015 11:02 PM (edited)
So looking at the NT seeding chart it goes (1-4), (2-3).  Thanks for clarifying that!
9/21/2015 11:46 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/21/2015 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 9/19/2015 8:10:00 AM (view original):

jbas has beaten me FOUR times in the final four, in the last six seasons! one of those, for the title. he's definitely on a roll. i think we have fairly similar programs, in terms of big post seasons, if anything kansas is probably slightly ahead - but that 0/4 recently in the big games is really eating me up! especially as we play every year in the regular season, to give some context to it all. but really, there is one program that is ahead of us both, and that is acn at UCLA. maybe not so much this past year, but i think there is more to a dynasty than the last year, with all the luck inherent in the NT and in recruit generation. UCLA is definitely the premier program in d1 tark, in my book, with kansas and syracuse on the next line. there are other high end programs, like minnesota until jwilli left, and kimball at miami florida, but especially when you look at final fours not just titles, there is definitely some separation between the top 3 and the rest.

edit: thats all of recent. connecticut is obviously the all time #1 program in tark, and maybe in all of d1 history. 

Thanks gil - we return all 10 scholarship players next season, so hopefully we can make a deep run next season.
9/22/2015 4:40 PM
Tarkanian D1 Final Four Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.