Proposal to Keep Coaches in the Game Topic

I have played HD for many seasons with a break of 35 seasons in between.  I have been at the bottom and the top of the Prestige hierarchy and understand the plight of coaches caught in B to C+ prestige hell who feel like they are spinning their wheels.  So I also understand why there is large turnover of people quitting the game every year.

The most fun I ever had in HD was when a new world opened and all of us started on a level playing field in DIII.  Most of us were racing to get to DI and trying to get to a high baseline prestige school.  It was incredibly exciting every season and with clear objectives and goals to keep moving in the right direction.  In short, it felt a lot like real coaching must feel like as coaches try to progress up the ladder.

However, with so many open slots over the number of HD Worlds, there is no hope of opening a new world anytime soon (maybe ever).  As an alternative, why not create a finite time period on a world (say 75 seasons) - most single game worlds are in the 80s now and double game worlds are near or over 100 seasons.

After the end date, the world resets and all the coaches start in DIII again and need to work their way back up to DI.  So many coaches have never experienced the excitement of this climb in a new world and I think it would generate more interest in the game and higher retention of existing coaches.

While I understand that a few coaches would be disappointed to lose the dynasty that they have built in the world, those statistics can be memorialized in some "book of records" document and if they are truly great coaches, they should also enjoy the challenge of working their way back up to a DI prestige school.

Any thoughts?

9/29/2015 10:21 AM
I like the idea of resetting, but you will lose people if you have people who were at D1 bumped all the way down to D3 and have to start that climb again. Some people prefer playing in D2, some D1 and some D3. I don't think it should automatically reset everyone to D3, but I do like the idea of a set number of seasons and then a world resets. 
9/29/2015 10:33 AM
I sort of like the idea of worlds having a lifespan, but I expect I'm in the minority. The main problem is that the last couple of seasons before "reset" would be a mess - why would anyone bother to recruit any freshman or move to a new team when it's all going to be wiped away? 
9/29/2015 1:43 PM
"So I also understand why there is large turnover of people quitting the game every year"

Is this the case?  Are there troves of coaches leaving every year? 
9/29/2015 1:51 PM
**** that
9/29/2015 1:58 PM
I don't like the idea of worlds resetting.  The closest thing I could think of is, would to have each world a life span 75/100 seasons.  Once there close them and award a large credit payout.  Open a new world each time one closes.  Have "winners" so when you click a profile you see World 2 D1 Champ or World 2 D1 2nd place, etc

However I don't see a way that makes long tenured coaches start over work any way whatsoever.
9/29/2015 2:24 PM
Logans Run!
9/29/2015 2:46 PM
No reason to close or reset a world. Just make a coaches career span limited at a certain number of seasons, at which point you just start over.
9/29/2015 7:44 PM
open a new world.
9/29/2015 8:45 PM
It took me years to get a bcs school now I finally have a B+ baseline. I would be ****** if everything reset and most likely quit. A new world is not exciting when you pay every month and worked to get at a level. 7 years is a long time.
9/29/2015 8:57 PM
fix hiring/firing process problem solved
9/30/2015 2:17 AM
Posted by iwanturmind2 on 9/29/2015 8:58:00 PM (view original):
It took me years to get a bcs school now I finally have a B+ baseline. I would be ****** if everything reset and most likely quit. A new world is not exciting when you pay every month and worked to get at a level. 7 years is a long time.
I hear you mind2, but there are many coaches that quit ever season because those top prestige are all taken or unattainable (due to hiring process) and see no hope of moving up.

If all the worlds had a finite date, then everyone would no going in and would be prepared for that changeover when it come.  I won't keep playing this game anymore without major changes.

9/30/2015 11:09 AM
I think the hiring needs to be completely overhauled....some of the situations Ive seen for hiring make no sense at all....

More humans over sims will go a long way

9/30/2015 12:19 PM

I hear you weirdrash but the schools will always be taken sooner or later and most of the top prestige schools are good coaches.  They most likely will get to the top again before a other coach in a new world.  I think if you start over 80 of the coaches in the top prestige schools will end up being there.  The only way to do this is to start another world.  Maybe a 3 game a day world. 

10/13/2015 9:16 AM
I like the idea. I have kept B prestige Georgia in the A to A+ range for several seasons and my only chance of getting to an A+ baseline school (and retiring soon thereafter) is to wait real life years for someone to leave. You shouldn't be able to line up hundreds of quarters on the best video game, keeping others from playing it. Now, I'm at A+ , so why do I care? For me, I can't stop playing this damn game til I get a top school. #GoBulldogs. #retirealreadybighairy
10/14/2015 4:33 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Proposal to Keep Coaches in the Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.