Should HD have Basline Ratings for Coaches Topic

I noticed that a few coaches are considered Hall of Fame Coaches in this game.  Should their basline also be considered in the game.  Example.  You take over a C- school and WIS adds the coach baseline and the schools overall baseline moves up to a B- due that he is a hall of fame coach?  Just my thought.  Any feedback?
10/2/2015 9:06 AM
Not positive about this, but I think those levels of prospect, pro, rookie, all star, hall of fame coaches, is based more on time playing the game and seasons played then anything else.  And if that's the case, it should have no impact on prestige of a school, because the coach might not actually be good.

And even if it is based on success, still don't think the idea makes sense, because no coach should be given credit based on success he had in a different world.  Everyone has to build their teams up, that's the point of the game.

Just my thoughts.
10/2/2015 9:32 AM
i believe that a coach's success affects the prestige of a school when he is changing jobs. from the FAQ:
Q: Why did my school's prestige change when I took over as coach?
A:

The prestige of the school may go up or down based on the prestige of your last job. If you're moving up a division, then the school prestige will drop, and if you're moving down a division it may go up. When you're moving within the same division, then if you are coming from a higher prestige school, your new school may get a small increase in prestige. If you're coming from a lower prestige school (as is most common), you may see a decrease in the school's prestige.

10/2/2015 10:26 AM
Yes, I have seen a prestige go up when I took over a school. Most I have seen is from C+ to B- or B- to B. 
10/2/2015 10:29 AM
(jtt here on my alt id) i agree with OP's intent, if not the method. the current robotic formula doesn't make sense. if a coach just pulled in 4 NC's in 8 seasons at D2 and takes over a $h!++y d1 program, there's no reason that the prestige should drop - in fact, i'd say that the prestige deserves a bit of a bump. on the flip side, if a coach couldn't generate any success at d2 or d1 and then decides to go down a division, why should there be a prestige bump? plus, there are so many external factors that affect the departing school's prestige that are not tied to the coach - baseline, conference prestige, etc. - that it doesn't make sense to use that school's prestige as the basis for whether the new school is affected. IOW, the prestige should be tied to the coach's recent success, rather than the prestige of the program that the coach is leaving. 
10/2/2015 10:39 AM
Yes it can go up or down 1/3 of a grade.  I stated in another post I though it would be interesting if it had a greater impact.  If you are an A+ level coach and you drop down to the Big South, it should have a much greater impact.  This might encourage more coaches to move out of Big 6 jobs for smaller schools and the joy of rebuilding.
10/2/2015 10:39 AM
I think the OP was talking about the overall success of a coach on his profile though, not necessarily in that world.  Which is what I was commenting on.
10/2/2015 11:26 AM
i would obviously benefit from this personally, but i am somewhat against it because it just helps the haves. i think the guys who have multiple titles in a world and stuff (assuming you use ONLY the resume from that world - anything else i would be 100% against), don't really need the help of their coaching prestige going around with them. i suppose if it was done in conjunction with a reduction in baseline, it might be ok, but in today's game i think it takes us in the wrong direction.
10/2/2015 12:07 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/2/2015 12:07:00 PM (view original):
i would obviously benefit from this personally, but i am somewhat against it because it just helps the haves. i think the guys who have multiple titles in a world and stuff (assuming you use ONLY the resume from that world - anything else i would be 100% against), don't really need the help of their coaching prestige going around with them. i suppose if it was done in conjunction with a reduction in baseline, it might be ok, but in today's game i think it takes us in the wrong direction.
I disagree gill.  I think these top level coaches are already at top level schools.  This type of system might encourage coaches to build up lower tier teams.
10/2/2015 1:01 PM
Hall of Fame that you see has to do with the number of years and the amount of money spent.  I would not be HOF otherwise because I get my butt handed to me quite often.  I do have a NC in Gridiron Dynasty, but gave that up long ago because it got real bad under 3.0 version.
10/2/2015 2:12 PM
Posted by cburton23 on 10/2/2015 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I disagree gill.  I think these top level coaches are already at top level schools.  This type of system might encourage coaches to build up lower tier teams.
hmm, good point, i can see where you are coming from. i guess as long as it is specific to a certain world, not like a site-wide rating, it could work. coaches do often switch from 1 successful BCS school to a BCS rebuild that is in a better conference or is an elite or something, that is really the situation i was thinking of, where i wouldn't really want to help the elites. but maybe it would help people take over mid majors and stuff. i guess i just mostly worry that it would **** some folks off.
10/3/2015 12:30 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/3/2015 12:30:00 AM (view original):
hmm, good point, i can see where you are coming from. i guess as long as it is specific to a certain world, not like a site-wide rating, it could work. coaches do often switch from 1 successful BCS school to a BCS rebuild that is in a better conference or is an elite or something, that is really the situation i was thinking of, where i wouldn't really want to help the elites. but maybe it would help people take over mid majors and stuff. i guess i just mostly worry that it would **** some folks off.
I think that's the way I wanted it. To be within the world your coaching in at the present time.
10/3/2015 10:42 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/3/2015 12:30:00 AM (view original):
If we know anything about HD and people in general it is that if you do anything it will **** some people off, and if you don't it will **** some people off.
10/5/2015 12:08 PM
Should HD have Basline Ratings for Coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.