Rexruiting changes beginning? Topic

Maybe he doesn't want you to coach him.....
10/3/2015 8:12 PM
In case anyone cares, support did respond to me now that signings have begun, and they basically said that re was a glitch and he should have responded and I did nothing wrong.

Weird.
I did get the guy but I spent about $15k more than I would have had to.
10/5/2015 3:08 PM
i did this in Phelan with a center 10 miles away from me, beat out a sim 2000 miles away after 20k worth of recruiting. If it was a glitch some money should have been refunded to your recruiting budget.....but that would be too hard
10/5/2015 4:04 PM
This was different in that he was considering no one.
And wouldn't take the phone calls of a 4 time defending national champ (in 5 seasons). And he didn't even respond to me... For 5 cycles. While considering no one.

Seble out to get me...

10/5/2015 4:58 PM
The last few seasons in the 4 worlds I am in there have been a couple 5 star guys still considering no one into the second day. They don't accept normal effort for awhile. Whether by design or by accident this is not new. It has been happening for several seasons now. Forget the conspiracy theory here. No one is out to get you.
10/5/2015 5:03 PM
I haven't had one promise accepted in this recruiting season, and way more visits have been declined than ever before. Something is different.
10/6/2015 8:20 AM
Posted by zags27 on 10/5/2015 5:03:00 PM (view original):
The last few seasons in the 4 worlds I am in there have been a couple 5 star guys still considering no one into the second day. They don't accept normal effort for awhile. Whether by design or by accident this is not new. It has been happening for several seasons now. Forget the conspiracy theory here. No one is out to get you.
I am kidding on the conspiracy theory... No worries there.
But I do know how to recruit five star guys... And I know there was a glitch. And I got a supoort note saying there was an error to confirm what I thought.

You don't reject 30k worth of effort from an A++ prestige without a single response, even.
10/6/2015 9:06 AM
You don't send a single coach call on the first cycle?  Pffft...rookie!  

On a serious note, it has always seemed to me that the first cycle should allow no campus visits nor home visits and that coach calls should be automatically made to every recruit on the summary page (at least check the box).  The response to the 1st coach call should tell you the HS team's O & D and whether the kid is thinking your level...no more, no less.  I'd like to see seble just run a test world with those changes made to recruiting only and see whether more D1 battles ensue.  Pretty sure some more money would be bled out of the budgets.  

My impression has been that the original developer *intended* for coach calls in the 1st cycle to be a must.  Later re-writes probably haven't pulled up all the weeds of that original plan.
10/6/2015 9:17 AM
Posted by rogelio on 10/6/2015 9:17:00 AM (view original):

On a serious note, it has always seemed to me that the first cycle should allow no campus visits nor home visits and that coach calls should be automatically made to every recruit on the summary page (at least check the box).  The response to the 1st coach call should tell you the HS team's O & D and whether the kid is thinking your level...no more, no less.  I'd like to see seble just run a test world with those changes made to recruiting only and see whether more D1 battles ensue.  Pretty sure some more money would be bled out of the budgets.  

My impression has been that the original developer *intended* for coach calls in the 1st cycle to be a must.  Later re-writes probably haven't pulled up all the weeds of that original plan.
I never thought of that maybe I need to try this if I remember next recruiting cycle.
10/6/2015 9:31 AM
Posted by iwanturmind2 on 10/6/2015 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 10/6/2015 9:17:00 AM (view original):

I never thought of that maybe I need to try this if I remember next recruiting cycle.
Just to clarify: when you are planning a pulldown (to say D2 from a D1 list...or Top 25 at a low-to-mid D1 team), then it is essential to avoid wasting money on ST.   [Obviously the OP should never need to worry about this, but almost every school below D1 A- probably should.]

In the first cycle, I tend to go through and send exactly 1 coach call to every recruit.  After that, I'll go back through and set up recruiting effort for recruits that I "know" should accept that effort in the first cycle (or should, at worst, be a pulldown).   It would be an enormous timesaver if, during the 1st cycle, every player on the recruiting summary could be assigned a coach call automatically (or by checking a box from the *Summary* screen.  

Simple.  Inexpensive.  Effective.  Low-lying fruit/improvement.   Why doesn't CS make this change?  No idea.  My secondary idea about outlawing HV & CV during the 1st cycle is about as unpopular as a kick in the groin, but that would be the smart move as well...rather than re-writing the entire recruiting logic.
10/6/2015 1:35 PM
◂ Prev 12
Rexruiting changes beginning? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.