take care chap - in our thoughts and prayers

and I'm calling my son tonight!  he's away at college
10/7/2015 12:04 PM
Posted by terps17321 on 10/7/2015 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Sorry for your loss chapelhillne.  DEEP SYMPATHY. I understand what you are going through. My son passed away 4 years ago in a murder/suicide. He always laughed at my commitment to this game.  This story hits home. Thank you for sharing
Wow terps - I am so sorry about that. I can't imagine what that was like. Thanks for sharing, and I am so sorry about that.
10/7/2015 3:52 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/7/2015 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2015 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Thanks guys really appreciate it. This is really the second time something kind of like this has happened to me in HD. A few years ago I started an alternate ID Billy_Graham, in Rupp, with the idea that it would be interesting to create a team using only players with names from the Bible. Of course, we picked Nazareth for the school - LOL. Somehow, four years later, that team won a national championship. That was really unusual as well because my player pool was probably 20% of a normal pool, so that was pretty amazing.
touching story, sorry for your loss.

on the names part... do you just know all the names in the bible, offhand? or would you sometimes look them up in a database? whenever people talk about using a bible name in naming their children, i always wondered if looking to see if X was a bible name was cheating... sort of feels like cheating. would be cool or interesting i guess if your name selection was limited by your devotion, or something like that.
Thanks Gillispie - most of them I knew, although I think a couple of times I had to look to be sure. Most of the names were like James, John, Adam, Andrew, Peter. I believe I did not pick ones like Tim, which is short for Timothy, or Steve, or Steven, since the one in the Bible was Stephen. It was in year 53 in Rupp. I tried to go back and look up the roster. There was one player however that the Sim engine drafted for me in the first year for some reason named Victor, so that was the only blemish.
10/7/2015 3:58 PM
Sorry for your loss, chapelhillne.  Congratulations on the NT victory too.  You earned it.
10/7/2015 9:01 PM
Thank you for sharing your story chaps, and deepest regrets for your loss.  I do believe in divine guidance, and I believe that Dylan was with you all season.  I have three boys (all adult) and even though I got one of them to play a  season or two, they had the same belief as Dylan about my hobby...So I can actually say I have heard the same comments.  I wish and Pray for Peace for you and your family, and I truly hope you are able to go back to back NT with Dylan by your side.  Prayers for you chaps!  Tom
10/8/2015 5:41 AM
thanks for sharing and congratulations on the victory.
10/8/2015 8:17 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.