Auto Adjust Temp. Topic

Do you all have an opinion on whether or not to use Auto Temp. Change?  Is your preference to leave it at "Never Change" or do you like the Auto. change win or lose?  I would really like to hear what you all think about this option.  My first idea was to leave it at never change, especially if I have good stamina.  I am starting to think that having it as change win or lose is a better option because it would be giving more control to the sim model, which is what this game is all about after all.  I want to hear everyone's feedback.
10/9/2015 7:55 PM
I think it's better to auto adjust it, although I don't feel strongly about it. If you are ahead by 8 points wit 3 minutes and running up tempo, it makes sense to slow down the game at that point, rather than to risk turnovers with fatigued players.
10/9/2015 9:52 PM
If I'm playing slowdown, I'll set it to change 'if losing'.  I want more possessions. 

If I'm using normal tempo, I'll adjust for 'winning or losing'.  If I'm winning, I want to slow it down. If I'm losing, I want to speed it up .
10/10/2015 5:50 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 10/10/2015 5:50:00 AM (view original):
If I'm playing slowdown, I'll set it to change 'if losing'.  I want more possessions. 

If I'm using normal tempo, I'll adjust for 'winning or losing'.  If I'm winning, I want to slow it down. If I'm losing, I want to speed it up .
seems to me, under that model, you can just leave it at winning or losing, and not adjust. if you put on winning or losing while playing slowdown, the "if winning" part is moot - there is no more room to slow it down. same goes for if winning or losing for uptempo, the if losing is basically useless, so its the same as setting to "if winning". 

i generally leave the setting on "if losing" because if im losing, im ok with the game changing up what im doing. if im winning, i generally don't want them screwing with it.
10/10/2015 2:02 PM
I am going to put it at "if losing".  I agree that if I am losing I would be ok with the tempo changing, and wanting it to stay the same if I am winning.  Although, if I am winning, I suppose I would want to slow my tempo in order to control the clock and minimize turnovers.  Which would be to alblack's point.  If I am running slowdown I would allow it to change "if losing" in order to go uptemo, which would be the only available option for the sim to change to.  This way I can get more possessions and try to force more turnovers from my opposition because I run a press D.
10/11/2015 3:06 AM
Auto Adjust Temp. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.