Recruiting Update - Organizing targets Topic

In the current recruiting system, you can prioritize recruits into High, Medium, or Low.  I'd like to hear ideas on a better way to organize your recruiting targets.  Thanks.
10/28/2015 1:46 PM
1) I would like to be able to look at all my recruits on my watch list like I can view them in the regular search page.

2) I would like to be able to add notes on recruit pages.  
10/28/2015 1:58 PM
I've always wanted the ability to customize categories (instead of the generic 'high, medium, and low.'  Maybe allow 5-6 total customizabe categories?

And this is probably a little off what you're looking for, but on the 'recruiting summary' tab under "notes," instead of saying "considering another school" can the actual school(s) be listed.  Would save so much time so you aren't always clicking on recruits to see which school(s) are on those kids.

10/28/2015 2:08 PM
+1 to viewing their ratings, shouldn't have to compare a few at a time, maybe have a dropdown menu to choose view, General aka current and then ratings which shows our recruits in the watch list like it does when searching.

+1 to adding a few customizable targets.

I'd really love to be able to do:

High D3
Medium D3
Back-up D3
High D2 Pulldowns
Medium D2 Pulldowns

If there isn't a current way which I don't think there is, I'd like to be able to add prospects to my watch list without having to send a coach call during recruiting, as sometimes I continue to search for dropdowns or players I missed that I'd like to have as back up options.

As well as sorting by last name as well as first name.

For the notes, maybe if undecided leave blank or N/A and then if 3 or under schools I think its possible to just list all 3 and then 3+ just put 3+ or something, just makes it a tad bit quicker to get an idea of how recruiting is shaping up.

This is more for searching but for D2 schools and low D1 the ability to exclude rankings from searching would be really beneficial such as exclude top 15, top 50, top 100, top 150 I think would make a lot of sense.

10/28/2015 2:23 PM (edited)
Best recruiting change IMO would be....

If I could "X" out a recruit that I don't like so that they will never show up on any searches again unless I "unX" them.

There are recuits I don't want and will never want. It would be nice to just remove them from my search fields.

Back to the OP.

For recruits on my list, I would like to be able to rank them numerically. No need for colors.
10/28/2015 2:22 PM
The current sorting system is excellent in my opinion. Possible improvements are to be able to add recruits to the watch list after recruiting starts without sending them effort, and being able to view switch to a "ratings" view as can be seen on the standard recruiting page. The compare recruits is a good feature, but it maxes out at 10 and is a pain to keep switching guys in and out from: when I want to see my current level big men options to seeing my upper level guard options etc.
10/28/2015 2:27 PM
My initial plan is to get rid of the current summary page view and keep things on the new search page, so you'd be able to view ratings easily for whatever filters you have in place.  This would also remove the concept of a watch list, since you could just set a priority on a player with no other action as long as he's in your recruit pool.

It would be great to allow each coach to define custom categories for grouping, but that may be overkill.  For now, I can expand to 5 or 6 categories to give a little more control, then see if custom categories is worthwhile later on.

I can definitely add a Notes field for each recruit. 
10/28/2015 2:46 PM
Is there any way you could show us a mock up of what the new search page you have in mind, its a bit hard to fully see how it would look and make suggestions based on just words.
10/28/2015 2:48 PM
The new search page will look pretty similar to the current search page with some different filtering options.
10/28/2015 3:32 PM
Notes field would be great

Categories would be great - customizable or not.   I would love to be able to customize since I sometimes want and try to manage categories like

- Guard who will play the 3

- SF who will be a big

- Backup candidate only

- other quirky categories for a particular need - like "high PER" when my team really needs an outside shooter and in a given cycle I am okay with getting that at the 1,2 or 3 but need to get one

Sounds like we will be able to view ratings - it would be great if I could see the ratings (with potential, where available to me) of the guys on my watch or priority list.  

10/28/2015 3:33 PM
Just a thought, maybe a way to see what O and D they play besides looking at email.  Just a thought.  Then you can group recruits according to percentiage they fit into your system.
10/28/2015 3:42 PM
Posted by seble on 10/28/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
My initial plan is to get rid of the current summary page view and keep things on the new search page, so you'd be able to view ratings easily for whatever filters you have in place.  This would also remove the concept of a watch list, since you could just set a priority on a player with no other action as long as he's in your recruit pool.

It would be great to allow each coach to define custom categories for grouping, but that may be overkill.  For now, I can expand to 5 or 6 categories to give a little more control, then see if custom categories is worthwhile later on.

This would eliminate any concept of a watch list??? That would be a terrible idea. There needs to be some location where I can organize the recruits I like in one place so that I don't have to do a recruiting search all over again every cycle to see what's going on with the players I want to watch. The watch list is instrumental in making recruiting fun and not an absolute chore.
10/28/2015 3:47 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 10/28/2015 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 10/28/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):

This would eliminate any concept of a watch list??? That would be a terrible idea. There needs to be some location where I can organize the recruits I like in one place so that I don't have to do a recruiting search all over again every cycle to see what's going on with the players I want to watch. The watch list is instrumental in making recruiting fun and not an absolute chore.
You'll be able to filter based on whatever priority categories we set up.  So you could choose to view all players in category 1, category 2, etc., and also view all players that you've categorized.  That's essentially what the watch list does now, it filters the pool to the players you're interested in.
10/28/2015 4:06 PM
I was really hoping I just misunderstood your implication. Glad I did; that should work.
10/28/2015 4:16 PM
You would still be able to view all categorized players at once though like you can in the watch list?  I like to see how recruiting is shaping up overall and what prospects are open or covered.
10/28/2015 4:17 PM
123 Next ▸
Recruiting Update - Organizing targets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.