Recruiting Update - Organizing targets Topic

Yes
10/28/2015 5:06 PM
what about being able to sort easily between HS vs JUCO vs Transfer
10/28/2015 6:51 PM
I like the idea of sorting by where I plan on playing the player. Right now if I want to play a SF at PF there is no way to know that. I think it would be neat to see what schools they are considering. I hate when it says considering us and other schools and it is really only 1 other school. 
10/28/2015 7:36 PM
This might be too extreme, but how about a drag-and-drop capability so I can place my recruits in a hierarchy? That way my #1 choice isn't sitting down off the bottom of the screen or something because his first name starts with a W and that's where alphabetical order puts him. I can kind of solve that issue with the high/medium/low and/or dollars spent on the player in recruiting, but if the ability to sort based on those factors disappears, a drag and drop to create a personalized hierarchy would be awesome. 
10/28/2015 8:05 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/28/2015 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Best recruiting change IMO would be....

If I could "X" out a recruit that I don't like so that they will never show up on any searches again unless I "unX" them.

There are recuits I don't want and will never want. It would be nice to just remove them from my search fields.

Back to the OP.

For recruits on my list, I would like to be able to rank them numerically. No need for colors.
+1 for the "permanent" removal in searches, or at least being able to tag them as lowest level and easily filterable.
10/28/2015 8:29 PM
I like the idea Seble. I think it would give us more options.
10/28/2015 8:46 PM
seble - i think getting rid of the watch list is ok, but the default when you go to recruit search should be a search that pulls up your categorized players in 0 additional clicks - otherwise, its going to bog things down - people visit that main recruiting landing page a ton of times in a recruiting session.

as far as custom categories, i don't think it is necessary - it would be nice, i would use it - but i think we can use our imagination. many of us already redefine the categories, high d1 is the only place i use them as labelled, and outside of there, 3 is not really enough. i think if you had like 5-6 total categories, it would satisfy virtually everybody's needs in that area.

i would LOVE to see notes per player, to record what is going on with a recruit you are watching, instead of half hopelessly trying to remember a dozen WOTSs over time and also if you look up distance, how far the guy was from someone else, and all that stuff. ideally the notes would follow the recruit into being a player, for stuff like evals, gpa, etc, but its not necessary (ultra-ideally there would continue to be editable notes attached to each player, and it just transfers the notes from the recruit to the player at the start).
10/28/2015 11:45 PM (edited)
I'm considering adding a feature to save custom search views.  So you could save a view that filters to only your targets.  You could also save searches in that way that you tend to use over and over again.  So, for example, you could save a search of PF/C within 500 miles who are unsigned. I've wanted to add that for a long time, and this seems like a good time to do it.

We can definitely add a notes field to players as well, and carry over notes from recruiting.

10/29/2015 10:39 AM
I like it Seble
10/29/2015 11:02 AM
So when you go to the search area will it have your "targetted" recruits already listed?  Basically what gillespie asked.

If I have to custom search to see players Im going after or categorized every time I click the search button, just keep the watch list and just edit the the watch list and search page without merging them, personally that's what I'd like to see the way you presented them before the merging of the 2.
10/29/2015 12:54 PM
How many customizable categories can you add? I might want the option of more than 5-6. Could you do 8 or 10?

Love the notes idea. Any chance those notes can carry over through that player's career? That way I could see what I was thinking at the time of recruiting and check how close I was to getting it right.
10/29/2015 5:13 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 10/29/2015 12:54:00 PM (view original):
So when you go to the search area will it have your "targetted" recruits already listed?  Basically what gillespie asked.

If I have to custom search to see players Im going after or categorized every time I click the search button, just keep the watch list and just edit the the watch list and search page without merging them, personally that's what I'd like to see the way you presented them before the merging of the 2.
+1
10/29/2015 5:18 PM
Love the fact that you are working on this game so much. I can't wait to start Beta testing. This is really exciting to see all of the potential improvements.
10/30/2015 12:16 AM
Sounds like a great idea. No complaints here.
10/30/2015 7:40 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/30/2015 12:16:00 AM (view original):
Love the fact that you are working on this game so much. I can't wait to start Beta testing. This is really exciting to see all of the potential improvements.
I'm also with you on this one Chapel.  Its been awhile and this is my fav game.  I tried HBD and this beats it hands down.
10/30/2015 11:08 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Recruiting Update - Organizing targets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.