Draft picks effect on prestige Topic

Has anyone figured out how draft picks translate to prestige?  I know there are a ton of variables but was wondering if anyone had figured out any guidelines.
11/1/2015 7:02 PM
I've had a bump each of last two seasons in Rupp. Bump depends on where the guy is drafted, but I don't think it would be more than one jump (B to B+ for example). I've only had 4 drafted, so not a ton of experience, but based on what I've seen I doubt you'd get much more than that.
11/1/2015 8:03 PM
To piggyback on baker's question, do you get a bump in prestige for having an All American player?  How about NPOY?
11/2/2015 10:28 PM
I don't think so, but I am not sure. That player would be more likely to get drafted, I believe though, which would help prestige. I have had players get drafted before with no bump in prestige. It would also have to do with what your school's baseline is. If the baseline is a C and you are at a B+, it is harder to move up.
11/2/2015 11:29 PM
I don't think so.  I had 1st team AA and NCPOY who was drafted in the first round and I don't think it bumped me at all.  Tony albert

11/3/2015 9:21 AM
Here is my recent small sample size.

1 - I had two 2nd round picks in Season 83 and went from B+ to A-                 (25-6 NT 2nd Round)
2 - I had one 2nd round pick in Season 85 and did not receive a bump.         (18-12 PIT 3rd Round)
3 - I had one 1st round pick in Season 86 (#4 Pick Overall) and went from B+ to A-. (27-5 Elite 8 NT)

11/3/2015 1:42 PM
Does winning national awards have any effect on a players draft stock, and likelihood of leaving early?  I have a JR who is #73 on the draft board and just won National Player of the Year, National Defensive POY, and 1st team AA.
11/20/2015 6:34 PM
As with everything else in this game, it is all about decimal points and break points. When a player is drafted, a certain number of points are awarded to the team (if the coach that selected that player is still the coach of that team). Points are awarded on a descending scale. The player that is drafted #1 overall earns the most points. Number two earns more than number three, etc. Those points are added to the total team points and if that pushes the team over a breakpoint, then prestige gets bumped up. If not, then there is no bump. Having an AA or NPOY or winning COTY or anything similar earns you bragging rights but alas no prestige points.
11/20/2015 8:50 PM
also worth noting that the draft pick effect on prestige evaporates - I think after one season - or at least reduces quickly - more quickly than the effects of success etc.  So, a number one pick two seasons ago no longer helps prestige
11/20/2015 9:10 PM
Thanks guys that's good to know
11/20/2015 10:38 PM
I have even less experience with this, but I didn't get the prestige bump until the draft.  Prestige usually gets updated right after the NT finishes, but a few days later when the draft happens, you see another bump.  
11/22/2015 8:24 AM
some good info here, and ill clarify the rest:

weena is right, its all about the decimal points, just because a #1 pick bumps you up one season, it absolutely does not mean it will in the future. also correct about #1 pick being worth more than #2, etc, etc. hes also right that national awards and POY and such don't directly impact prestige - but to be fair - national AA awards (and nothing else) DO affect your players draft stock. so, a guy who was going to go #12 based on everything else, who is a 1st team AA, might go #5, and thus, your prestige bump does go up. so national AAs affect prestige if and only if the player who got the award gets drafted. 

mamxet is right, the prestige bump goes away, and it is after 1 season.

an average lottery pick is approximately worth 1/4th of a prestige grade, somewhere in that .25 - .3 range. i am much more confident in that figure than i ever expected to be, for whatever that is worth. it is possible (although i've only seen it once) to jump 2 visible grades on as few as 4 picks. i ticketed on that occasion to ensure it was not a mistake.
edit: 2nd round picks, its really much harder to pin down, my guess is the best 2nd round pick is .15 or lower. its probably in the .1 ballpark on the bottom end. note, all these scores are in relation to a partial prestige grade value of 1. 

final comment. it is my belief that the way to get those A+++ type prestige grades, is possibly more about draft picks that season, than either baseline prestige or recent dominance. i believe the draft picks are just added on the end, and that the gravity that pulls all super A+ grades down, does not apply to draft picks. this, i do not know for sure, but it is my theory on the subject.
11/23/2015 9:36 AM (edited)
I just had the #1 Overall Pick and my prestige stayed at A.  I've had three Elite 8s and three 2nd Round exits in the last 6 seasons with various draft picks.  I've been stuck at A the entire time.

2/15/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by hoosierkyle on 2/15/2016 8:30:00 AM (view original):
I just had the #1 Overall Pick and my prestige stayed at A.  I've had three Elite 8s and three 2nd Round exits in the last 6 seasons with various draft picks.  I've been stuck at A the entire time.

I would assume the seasons of 7, 9, and 10 losses were to much to overcome Rutger's B- baseline.  Losses really seem to make a huge impact even if you perform well in the post season or in rpi.
2/15/2016 3:53 PM
Draft picks effect on prestige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.