Its been two months. Topic

So Seble its been 2 months are we getting any closer to a Beta world? Or are you still in the Planning stage still? Or programming stage?
Have you made final decisions on what the scouting and recruiting phases will be like? Any screen shots of the summery page?

Throw us a bone. LOL
11/8/2015 10:45 PM
Hopefully he scrapped the whole idea since the main piece of the update is what HE dreamed up, and not what the community was asking for.
11/9/2015 2:33 PM
Agreed, hopefully he put it in the rubbish bin
11/9/2015 10:15 PM
I hope not - I am really excited about it.
11/10/2015 7:54 AM
my biggest thing is seeing what made the final cut, i know there were a few key points debated and it would suck if he ignored feedback and only does what he originally planned.

there were some great ideas(albiet not the most important fixes and still leave out the actual problems affecting the game)

but there were also a fewterrible ideas.

Im still in belief that all you need to do is fix recruit gen, cut post season cash, change the prestige calculation, and hiring/firing.  those being the 4 biggest problems and direct fixes.
11/10/2015 9:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Likewise.
11/10/2015 11:35 PM
hughesjr, I am not the community. I was responding to the sum of the opinions generated, not any one specific person or comment. It is ok to be 'excited' about the changes, but remember my point is that most of his major changes were proposed with absolutely no previous input from the community. He put HIS ideas out there, and we were left to debate the pros and cons and recommend tweaks to HIS ideas. There have been pages and pages of recommendations over the past 2 years that have been endorsed by the paying community, but the majority of the changes have no correlation to the upcoming changes.
WIS originated in the Cincinnati area. I am guessing that Seble's workplace is there, as there is still an office suite in Cincinnati for WIS. Also, as many of you know, there is a very large group of our members that live within an hour or so drive of this office. It would have been very effective to have a physical, live round table discussion with Seble and many paying, experienced members. Even if he is not in that area, I imagine that many would have been willing to travel a bit to partake in building the customer requirements needed for a successful update. There could have even been an option to do a remote session for those interested to participate, but unable to travel. Even more, this approach would have been more time effective for Seble, instead of trying to weed out the garbage in all the posts that took place when he asked for feedback.
WIS can approach this however they want, as this is there business. Customers also have the option to continue to play the game, or leave. With that said, the approach that WIS has taken is not conducive to producing the best overall user experience.
11/11/2015 2:19 AM
great, looks like people aren't allowed to speak generally on the boards any more...since the last thing we (or should I say I) want to see is more people overusing the first person pronoun "I" to ruin more thoughts and/or sentences.

dicks.
11/11/2015 5:44 AM
?
11/11/2015 10:19 AM
Posted by bobmeyer on 11/11/2015 10:19:00 AM (view original):
?
haha, sorry, your previous post was very thoughtful...was mildly trolling the person(s) criticizing your first post.
11/11/2015 10:32 AM
I hope the Beta, when it comes, isn't limited just to long-time players.  I hope there is room for a few newcomers who take the game and their responsibility seriously.
11/11/2015 12:20 PM
He's taking another 5 year vacation, he'll get to it when he comes back.
11/13/2015 12:08 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 11/10/2015 9:11:00 PM (view original):
bob .. didn't know you were the community .. I am also very excited about it.
Bob can represent the community for me!

I have NO excitement for nearly all of the proposals.

They are better forgotten.
11/13/2015 2:40 AM
Posted by phalla on 11/13/2015 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 11/10/2015 9:11:00 PM (view original):
bob .. didn't know you were the community .. I am also very excited about it.
Bob can represent the community for me!

I have NO excitement for nearly all of the proposals.

They are better forgotten.
Count me among "the community" which would rather see most of the proposed changes scrapped and forgotten.

The game is absolutely fine the way it is. A few small tweaks could help here and there, but I do NOT want to see wholesale changes on the scale Seble has mentioned.

11/14/2015 8:54 PM
12 Next ▸
Its been two months. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.