D1 Tarkanian Final Four Topic

Chapelhilne (GTU) against JBasnight (Syracuse)
JWinner (MSU) against Justinlee (Oklahoma)

Jwinner has had a great run the past seasons. Hopefully, he pulls it off.

JBasnight is the man to beat, but Chapel just won a NT on another world. So it's going to be pretty contested!

Good luck!
11/21/2015 2:23 PM
i was a total sham of a 1 seed this year (for some context, didn't even blink at losing in the 2nd round), and with these four guys as 2 seeds, i have no idea how the hell that happened. i figured tark was just down this year and it was a bunch of crap teams, but man, those 4 are some good teams. amazing crop of 2 seeds.

because they are all good, its roughly impossible to say with confidence what will happen in any game, but here's my bracket in sim engine terms (%s not scores):
OK over MSU, 57% to 43%
SU over GT, 65% to 35%

OK over SU, 55% to 45%

SU is the most likely winner based on the above, but i think in any matchup between the four, OK is actually the favorite. after a long and successful career of having great teams, who just barely missed the mark, this may finally be justin's year!

note that i am sick and dying so this may be terrible info and i apologize to anyone i sold short...
11/21/2015 2:58 PM
I hope you're not serious Gillispie, about the last sentence. I think your odds on my game are probably pretty close.
11/21/2015 8:37 PM
gl zorzii
11/21/2015 8:47 PM
It's JBasnight against Justinlee.

We know Jbas wants it, but will root for Justinlee since he came close a couple of times.
11/22/2015 8:23 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 11/21/2015 8:37:00 PM (view original):
I hope you're not serious Gillispie, about the last sentence. I think your odds on my game are probably pretty close.
well, i am sick as a dog, not really dying though
11/22/2015 10:05 AM
Posted by zorzii on 11/22/2015 8:23:00 AM (view original):
It's JBasnight against Justinlee.

We know Jbas wants it, but will root for Justinlee since he came close a couple of times.
i like jbas and he is a fantastic coach, so i usually am rooting for him. but justin has had multiple programs get to that title game and be the favorite, and lost (im guessing here, but i think it happened 3x), and so i am definitely hoping he gets this one.

fun fact, jbas has knocked me out of the final 4 / title game four times in the last 8 seasons or so - which is all 4 of the times i made it that far and lost. brings back memories - because when i picked up my SIUE program in d2 tark, that started it all for me, he was the dominant coach in the conference. he was 16-0 a bunch of times and i think i did eventually win 1 against him before he left, but im not positive about that. he was the first coach to really get the better of me, really helped me get my act together in those early days. now things have come full circle, as he has been kicking my butt big time once more...
11/22/2015 10:16 AM
If you check the last seasons or so, you won 4 times, he has won three times, Kimball has one two times, ACN has won two times, Jwilli has won two times.

Championship game : Jwinner has lost twice, we know that, JBas has lost twice, ACN has lost three times, you've lost three times, Oklahoma, Justinlee four times and the coach of Kenctucky lost twice too.

107 Kansas 34-1 gillispie1 Michigan St.
106 Ohio St. 34-1 pcclark59 Syracuse
105 Syracuse 32-2 jbasnight Michigan St.
104 Kansas 30-5 gillispie1 Kentucky
103 Connecticut 33-2 oldresorter Oregon
102 Syracuse 30-3 jbasnight Kansas
101 UCLA 27-8 acn24 Syracuse
100 Miami (FL) 31-2 kimball Kentucky
99 Colorado 33-2 sbank65 Oklahoma
98 Miami (FL) 29-5 kimball UNC
97 Minnesota 28-7 jwilli7122 Arizona
96 UCLA 28-7 acn24 Baylor
95 Kansas 34-1 gillispie1 Colorado
94 Mississippi 32-3 wedcrasher Kansas
93 Syracuse 32-3 jbasnight Oklahoma
92 Kansas 30-5 gillispie1 UCLA
91 Maryland 31-4 fd343ny Kansas
90 Virginia 27-8 sh0wtime99 UCLA
89 Kentucky 31-3 Storm69 Oklahoma
88 Minnesota 32-2 jwilli7122 Oklahoma
87 UNC 30-6 kmasonbx UCLA
11/22/2015 10:27 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 11/22/2015 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 11/21/2015 8:37:00 PM (view original):
well, i am sick as a dog, not really dying though
Whew - that's good news. Looks like you were right about my game. I tried switching up the lineup a bit to get more speed, but it didn't help.
11/22/2015 2:22 PM
Congrats to justinlee on finally breaking through. That was almost certainly the most-talented Syracuse team I've had from top to bottom, though we had no true seniors. Got gutted by EEs, so what looked like a dominant team for us next season will just be a very good one.

Gil, I remember those D2 days well. I should have stayed at UW Parkside for a few more seasons before I jumped to D1. I was not ready for the D1 game when I made that move. 
11/23/2015 10:35 AM
Posted by jbasnight on 11/23/2015 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Congrats to justinlee on finally breaking through. That was almost certainly the most-talented Syracuse team I've had from top to bottom, though we had no true seniors. Got gutted by EEs, so what looked like a dominant team for us next season will just be a very good one.

Gil, I remember those D2 days well. I should have stayed at UW Parkside for a few more seasons before I jumped to D1. I was not ready for the D1 game when I made that move. 
you did have an excellent team, well coached, but justins stud scorers were just a tad studlier than yours, which is why i thought he had a slight upper hand. he had so much bad luck not to win 1 yet - but this year, he wins, and his two lead scorers, juniors at 27 likely going (barely) and 35 on the fence, both stayed. with his title, their ending spots on the final rankings that we don't see were certainly higher, both being likely going for sure. so, really good two hours of dice rolls there, between the title and EE. made up for an awful lot. probably makes him the team to beat for next year.

at least you stayed long enough to win that d2 title. nobody is ever really ready for d1 when they move up, its impossible to be ready for recruiting. you were already a great d2 coach, that's about all you can ask for. it would have been cool if you stayed though, shortly after you left we became an uber elite conference, would have been crazy if you were there too. 

11/23/2015 11:13 AM (edited)
D1 Tarkanian Final Four Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.