Craziest Strategy/Team Composition Topic

Just curious what some of the craziest strategies/team compositions are that you've seen? Preferably ones that have worked. For example, a team of only guards, etc. 

I was thinking about picking up a DIII team and trying out some different ideas, but I'd like to be original.

Thoughts?

12/23/2015 3:11 PM
I vaguely remember someone running a team based on the names of the players, like only first or last names of names from the bible or something like that. I could be way off but it has been a while since a thread like this has come up - not exactly what you are looking for but I thought it was interesting. 

I have seen a team run four guards before but I don't remember how successful they were (S16, NC?)
12/23/2015 4:57 PM
I believe the team gvsujulius is remembering was team that had players with the same last name. I think it was Johnson and the team was Johnson and Wales but I'm not sure. On one of my early teams, I had two starting guards named Connie Weston and Shirley Knight. I thought I might try to create an all girl name team but the idea passed away quickly. Also, a coach once created a team of all Small Forwards. That was well before the current Player Position restriction limiting you to a max of 5 players per position. That team did very well if memory serves. I think they made it to the E8 or possibly Final Four but I may be wrong on that.
12/23/2015 9:56 PM
Someone ran all PF's I thought as well.  I've seen all Italy players also
12/24/2015 7:49 AM
This isn't that CRAZY but my next team is going to be DEFENSE be DAMNED and ignore ATH/DEF and go ALL SPD/PER/BH for 1-3.
12/24/2015 8:14 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/24/2015 8:14:00 AM (view original):
This isn't that CRAZY but my next team is going to be DEFENSE be DAMNED and ignore ATH/DEF and go ALL SPD/PER/BH for 1-3.
I would be curious to see how that worked ouit
12/24/2015 8:46 AM
I'll fire this up soon....after the holidays.....I am thinking flex/press.....The basic plan is to have 3 guys with high SPD/BH/PASS  and two monsters inside with high ATH/REB.....I figure the DEF and BLK will be in the 40's+ for the post players but the perimeter players will have like 20-40 for ath and def
12/24/2015 9:30 AM
I'm wondering if you could do four guards one big so long as A: the one big was a mega rebounder and B: the guards were the twenty to forty rebounding type of guards.
12/24/2015 10:20 AM
Posted by Weena on 12/23/2015 9:56:00 PM (view original):
I believe the team gvsujulius is remembering was team that had players with the same last name. I think it was Johnson and the team was Johnson and Wales but I'm not sure. On one of my early teams, I had two starting guards named Connie Weston and Shirley Knight. I thought I might try to create an all girl name team but the idea passed away quickly. Also, a coach once created a team of all Small Forwards. That was well before the current Player Position restriction limiting you to a max of 5 players per position. That team did very well if memory serves. I think they made it to the E8 or possibly Final Four but I may be wrong on that.
actually, while i remember the team you are talking about (only players named Johnson), that was from eons ago. although i seem to remember seeing a team of all smiths? maybe there were both? anyway, more recently, chapelhillne coached a team with only players with bible names. there have been folks who ran 5 guard and 5 big lineups back in the day too, can't remember any others.
12/24/2015 11:35 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/24/2015 8:14:00 AM (view original):
I do something similar as well as usually running a sf at PF, but Iassume you mean like 80+ spd/bh/pas.

Check my TX Tyler team
12/24/2015 1:04 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 12/24/2015 10:20:00 AM (view original):
I'm wondering if you could do four guards one big so long as A: the one big was a mega rebounder and B: the guards were the twenty to forty rebounding type of guards.
I did this once at Palm Beach Atlantic in one world. Got bored and didn't see them through but was set up to be good. Not sure what level it could be good at.
12/24/2015 1:52 PM
Craziest Strategy/Team Composition Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.