Any help would be appreciated Topic

Posted by shane182436 on 1/5/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Where can you see your offensive and defensive efficiency numbers? Thanks guys!
I put together an excel sheet to calculate a lot of these advanced statistics. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKcL_MqlYoR5DZ7ytd-fngu1B1Diav5km1ll8hHnkDI/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this link works. Only's Lagrange team from a couple seasons ago is in there now but you just copy and paste your game logs into the top rows. Then in rows 92-103 copy and paste your individual stats. 

Give it a shot with your team. Might also help you determine your offensive distro by seeing more of their efficiency numbers.
1/5/2016 7:01 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 1/5/2016 1:44:00 PM (view original):
You have to calculate them yourself.

Offensive efficiency

(Total Points/((FGA-OFFREB)+TO+(FTA*.475)))*100

Defensive efficiency is making that same calculation based on your opponents' numbers.

As an example, we'll use my Beloit team in Naismith

Offensive efficiency: 

(1374/((1087-228)+285+(415*.475)))*100 = 102.45 OFF

Defensive efficiency:

(1406/((1158-239)+245+(389*.475)))*100 = 104.24 DEF

Which means my offense is 2 points above average and my defense is 4 points below average.

This is great. I'm really happy tonsee this tool. I have always known my efficiency was high but this tool helps set a new standard each year.
1/5/2016 9:36 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/5/2016 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shane182436 on 1/5/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Where can you see your offensive and defensive efficiency numbers? Thanks guys!
I put together an excel sheet to calculate a lot of these advanced statistics. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKcL_MqlYoR5DZ7ytd-fngu1B1Diav5km1ll8hHnkDI/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this link works. Only's Lagrange team from a couple seasons ago is in there now but you just copy and paste your game logs into the top rows. Then in rows 92-103 copy and paste your individual stats. 

Give it a shot with your team. Might also help you determine your offensive distro by seeing more of their efficiency numbers.
very cool
1/6/2016 6:18 AM

Thank you all for the assistance. I appreciate it. 

Another question I had, is it realistic to change a teams Offense/Defensive playbook when you take over a team or will it take too many seasons to bounce back from a change like that?

Before, I didn't really know what offense I liked, so I just picked a team with players I could use. I was wondering if it's realistic to change to an offense I better understand, or just learn the teams offense and continue to grow. 

1/6/2016 6:18 AM
That depends - are you wanting to jump quickly to the next division or another conference, or do you plan on staying at that team for a while?
1/6/2016 8:02 AM
agree 100% with arsy.

also, spike, keep in mind that in this game the differences between motion, flex and triangle are pretty subtle and i really doubt it would help you in any way to switch between those.  fastbreak is obviously quite different, 
1/6/2016 8:13 AM

I think eventually, once I'm more experienced and confident in my ability, I'd like to run one of each...  A DI, DII and DIII school... I would like to get schools that I enjoy to watch and/or are local to me... For instance, I live in Central New York (in Syracuse), and recently signed up for Buffalo St in Naismith, because I grew up watching them play. I couldn't care less about the schools playbooks, as I'd rather be in control of a school I like. As I read more though, I may avoid DI as I rather like the variety in recruiting and seeing the different teams than those on TV all the time. :P 

I would, however, like to avoid Fastbreak stuff. I like the idea of Zone (Thanks Jim Boeheim), but I'm not unable to keep the defense in place. 

The only time I see myself moving up, or around in a league would be to get in control of one of those types of teams. Once I have them, I doubt I'll move much... I don't mind spending a season or 2 rebuilding, if it helps set me up for the future. 

1/6/2016 8:30 AM
Well, if you want to change one of yours to have one of each on the offenses, then it looks like you have two motion teams - I'd probably do it with Misercordia:  They aren't going to be immediately competitive with that many young players, and you are cycling out the last of the sim players this coming  Off-season  So if you wanted to add a flex team, thats where I'd do it, just go cold turkey, put your offensive practice minutes in flex there and run with it and take your lumps this season.

Although I'd practice flex and run motion until your flex IQ is at least in the C's if you did that to limit the pain.

1/6/2016 9:25 AM (edited)
Posted by a_in_the_b on 1/6/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):
Well, if you want to change one of yours to have one of each on the offenses, then it looks like you have two motion teams - I'd probably do it with Misercordia:  They aren't going to be immediately competitive with that many young players, and you are cycling out the last of the sim players this coming  Off-season  So if you wanted to add a flex team, thats where I'd do it, just go cold turkey, put your offensive practice minutes in flex there and run with it and take your lumps this season.

Although I'd practice flex and run motion until your flex IQ is at least in the C's if you did that to limit the pain.

I meant I'd like to eventually have a DI, DII and DIII team going at the same time. Not three offenses. I mostly was asking because I think Buffalo St runs the Fastbreak Offense, and I don't want to. lol 
1/6/2016 9:48 AM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 1/6/2016 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 1/6/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):

I meant I'd like to eventually have a DI, DII and DIII team going at the same time. Not three offenses. I mostly was asking because I think Buffalo St runs the Fastbreak Offense, and I don't want to. lol 
i strongly recommend new coaches do not try fastbreak until they can consistently build A prestige programs with the other offenses. too much of being a new coach is looking around and seeing what everyone else is doing, and there just aren't enough fb programs to look at.
1/6/2016 10:18 AM

Hey all,

I've been  scouring the forums for a day now, and I seem to find a few threads that explain the differences between Low-High and High-High, but I was wondering if there is a guide to determine the potential bonuses from Average and low? For instance, if I am scouting a player that has a speed in the 40s, is it realistic that he'll reach 50 or 60 with an "Average" in that stat category? 

Is there a guide that lists the potential numbers associated with Low and Average? Does Average give the person the potential to increase right up until the Low-High point? 

1/12/2016 6:30 AM
Low is 0-7, Average is 8-20
1/12/2016 6:51 AM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 1/12/2016 6:30:00 AM (view original):

Hey all,

I've been  scouring the forums for a day now, and I seem to find a few threads that explain the differences between Low-High and High-High, but I was wondering if there is a guide to determine the potential bonuses from Average and low? For instance, if I am scouting a player that has a speed in the 40s, is it realistic that he'll reach 50 or 60 with an "Average" in that stat category? 

Is there a guide that lists the potential numbers associated with Low and Average? Does Average give the person the potential to increase right up until the Low-High point? 

there is a difference between high-low (4-6) and low-low (1-3) points growth, but that difference is negligible at most levels. Average has no high or low, its just 7-19 (or 7-20 whichever). So it's kind of a neat little "mini-game" of chance where you roll the dice to see if those medium potentials mean a ****** player or a good one.
1/12/2016 6:57 AM

Thanks for the quick response!

Is there a response from a scouting report, that will indicate how much a player can improve with average, like you'd get for Low-High or High-High, or is it just truly a roll of the dice??

1/12/2016 7:02 AM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 1/12/2016 7:02:00 AM (view original):

Thanks for the quick response!

Is there a response from a scouting report, that will indicate how much a player can improve with average, like you'd get for Low-High or High-High, or is it just truly a roll of the dice??

Believe the consensus is it's a roll of the dice. No Low-Average vs high-average.

Nothing more aggravating than a guy going from black to red on key ratings without gaining a point! I had a guy recently that this happened for SPD and ATH. Really ****** me off.
1/12/2016 7:31 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Any help would be appreciated Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.