This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
admit it, you'll miss me most of all ;) 

i can't exactly say i'll miss you, either, but i did gain some respect for you over the years. i think you want what is best for the game, even if we don't see eye to eye on what that is - although i think most of the above is completely valid. alright, take care.
1/7/2016 8:44 PM

DId not see this coming!  Wow sad to see you go.  Although your reasons are A+, I'd probably feel the same if I was at your position, but I haven't made it there yet.  Thanks for calling out seble, makes me feel like less of a villian.

Sucks that since jobs are **** you're schools are going to be demolished unless some upper level coaches really like Oklahoma, otherwise gotta wait for the sims to ruin them.

If only I knew how to code we could make our own HD with black jack and hookers and everybody gets fired.

send a ticket with this even though they won't care since there are more than enough people who haven't acheived your level yet and aren't bored yet :(

If anyone isn't familiar check out stines Oklahoma team in Knight it criminally underrated as one of the bests runs any school has made.
1/7/2016 10:06 PM (edited)
Hate to see you go, stinenavy. I don't think I've ever competed against you, but have read with interest your Forum posts. Good luck outside the game.
1/7/2016 9:46 PM
I will miss you man!  Except the part where your teams always beat my teams...that part of me will be just fine.
1/7/2016 9:53 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/7/2016 10:06:00 PM (view original):

DId not see this coming!  Wow sad to see you go.  Although your reasons are A+, I'd probably feel the same if I was at your position, but I haven't made it there yet.  Thanks for calling out seble, makes me feel like less of a villian.

Sucks that since jobs are **** you're schools are going to be demolished unless some upper level coaches really like Oklahoma, otherwise gotta wait for the sims to ruin them.

If only I knew how to code we could make our own HD with black jack and hookers and everybody gets fired.

send a ticket with this even though they won't care since there are more than enough people who haven't acheived your level yet and aren't bored yet :(

If anyone isn't familiar check out stines Oklahoma team in Knight it criminally underrated as one of the bests runs any school has made.
his knight program really is excellent. its just overshadowed a bit because there is so much crazy **** going on in d1 lately. over 8 years, they had 3 titles, 2 more runner ups, and 2 more final 4s. the down season was an elite 8 :) awesome job stine.

for some global context: that 8 year run happened just 2 seasons ago. if you look at the current dynasty list, 10 years and 20 year (which have the same teams 1-4, which is really rare), it puts stine as the 4th best program in all of d1 (across all 10 worlds). that is deceiving - at most other points in history of the game, that would be more like #1 or #2. the 3 above him include hofhof and stewdog who most of you probably know about, they have the #1 and #2 10 and 20 year runs in history of the game (for d1)! the other team ahead of him is 4th all time in the 20 yr and 8th all time in the 10yr, so really that 4 is deceiving.

historically, i suspect his number is much more impressive that 4 current. yeah, hes got the 13th spot on the all time 10 year list, thats pretty damn impressive, 13th best 10 year run in the history of d1 (only one entry per team, but still!). the cast of guys in those 12 spots above him is about as elite a group as you could ever imagine. and in the 20 year, he takes the 10th spot! the 20yr is the gold standard in my book, squeaking into the top 10 for all time d1 dynasties (20yr) is elite for sure. stine has definitely proven that he can compete with the best.  "only" 6 titles, which is still great in its own right, but really he had 0 for ever and then has all 6 just recently, split 3/3 between two programs. hes been playing at a super high level the last year or two, great job stine...
1/7/2016 10:33 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/7/2016 8:45:00 PM (view original):

i can't exactly say i'll miss you, either, but i did gain some respect for you over the years. i think you want what is best for the game, even if we don't see eye to eye on what that is - although i think most of the above is completely valid. alright, take care.
You were here? JK.

I think there were two main issues we disagreed on.

1) I wrote a bit more about the 2 teams - 1 world thing in my first post, then erased it. I think it should be eliminated, but I don't know how though.  If you have usernames nothing alike, then how would anyone know? WIS could know through keeping credit card information, but I hear that you need another level of security needed. You have issues like, "I made an account for my kid/brother/roommate, not me with two."

2) Bonus money. From what I recall, your argument was that bonus money wasn't an issue, because back when worlds had more players it wasn't an issue. The real issue was recruit generation.

My problem is when the B prestige mid-major (that makes the NT every season, with a win every once in a while) is getting beat up by the B prestige Big 6 schools (that makes PIT appearances) in recruiting because the Big 6 school has $20,000+ more in postseason cash. It forces that coach to end up at a Big 6 school so they actually have a chance of making deep NT runs. Some people stay, but I've seen tons of people move up because they keep getting hammered in recruiting as a mid-major.
1/8/2016 1:09 AM

All of your gripes with this game, seem to be gripes that many people have with real life NCAA too (more money to bigger schools..etc)... I can see where it can get stagnant for some people, especially in a game that cost you money to play and you aren't seeing the updates, changes that you are promised time and time again. 

I enjoyed reading your posts, and hope I can take that information and get to the DI level that you are at eventually. 

Take care!

1/8/2016 7:10 AM
Stine : I like your comments on D1. I hope it gets fixed. It's fun to be at a mid-major but you know cash will matter down the line which makes recruiting pretty tough.

I'd say you need to come to IBA CVAC, we have two openings in DII. It would change your routine, we'd get a great coach. Our goal is to have the best conference RPI in IBA and hopefully continue winning NT as a group.

GL if you really hang up your baskets.
1/8/2016 8:16 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/8/2016 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/7/2016 8:45:00 PM (view original):

You were here? JK.

I think there were two main issues we disagreed on.

1) I wrote a bit more about the 2 teams - 1 world thing in my first post, then erased it. I think it should be eliminated, but I don't know how though.  If you have usernames nothing alike, then how would anyone know? WIS could know through keeping credit card information, but I hear that you need another level of security needed. You have issues like, "I made an account for my kid/brother/roommate, not me with two."

2) Bonus money. From what I recall, your argument was that bonus money wasn't an issue, because back when worlds had more players it wasn't an issue. The real issue was recruit generation.

My problem is when the B prestige mid-major (that makes the NT every season, with a win every once in a while) is getting beat up by the B prestige Big 6 schools (that makes PIT appearances) in recruiting because the Big 6 school has $20,000+ more in postseason cash. It forces that coach to end up at a Big 6 school so they actually have a chance of making deep NT runs. Some people stay, but I've seen tons of people move up because they keep getting hammered in recruiting as a mid-major.
1) i am actually against multiple teams per world... if i made my own sim engine, which i spent a ton of time thinking about back in the day, i would absolutely not allow two teams in one division (i would split divisions out completely, so no overlap between divisions). i have had this way of thinking for more than 5 years, since way before our disagreement. the difference is that multiple teams were allowed here, and once allowed, i think you have to unwind that position gracefully. i made a lot of comments about why multiple teams exist that are not collusion based, because people assert it must be to collude - but that never meant i actually supported allowing multiple teams, from a theoretical standpoint - its just that i thought it was unfair to say it was collusion when IMO there were very valid reasons to want multiple teams.

2) i don't think it is the primary issue in d1 balance, evidenced by how well d1 mid majors competed with bonus money in place previously. thats not to say i think it has to stay or think its perfect - i do think its a bit unbalanced, and i don't like the conference semi-collusion that takes place as a result. as i said i would be perfectly happy with 1/2 bonus money in d1 and full in d2/d3. my major argument against wiping bonus money is d2/d3, where regional clustering of teams is a huge disadvantage, and bonus money serves to offset that (not exactly 1 for 1, but to a decent degree). if recruiting was changed to allow national recruiting of like, ranked players on even footing between any school (well, for distance at least), then i would be fine with eliminating bonus money. d2/d3 conferences can get way more packed together than BCS conferences are, so i think its a bigger issue down there. i wouldn't even be that upset about 0 bonus money in d1 (although i think it is nice to bring the conference together a little), its d2/d3 where my major gripe is. but my biggest gripe is that i think the issue with d1 is primarily recruit gen and that is not being touched while a bunch of lesser stuff is.

my conclusion for a while has been that we just both get a little religious about these issues, more so than we are a world apart on said issues. anyway, cya. 

1/8/2016 9:17 AM
Oklahoma in Knight was taken by chapelhillne, who moved over from Kentucky. Good luck.
1/12/2016 1:10 PM
Man I hate "retirement speeches"
1/12/2016 10:09 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/12/2016 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Oklahoma in Knight was taken by chapelhillne, who moved over from Kentucky. Good luck.
on the brightside couldn't ask for a better coach to keep the tradition of excellence going, much better then letting the sim destroy it for someone to suffer through the gruelling rebuild that would've come after
1/12/2016 10:50 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.