RPI 30 - SOS 6........No NT....... Topic

My NYU team didn't make the NT with an RPI of 30 and SOS of 6. Team went 18-11.

Seems rather extreme......I know I know, I should have just beat the juggernaut SIMAI in the CT. :(

1/22/2016 7:24 AM
Why do you think you deserve an NT bid? Your entire schedule consists of ONE good win and THREE bad losses. Getting in is asking to get rewarded for getting beat down by the 8 good teams you played in non-con. This is a win for the projection report.
1/22/2016 7:29 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/22/2016 7:29:00 AM (view original):
Why do you think you deserve an NT bid? Your entire schedule consists of ONE good win and THREE bad losses. Getting in is asking to get rewarded for getting beat down by the 8 good teams you played in non-con. This is a win for the projection report.
Agreed.  1-9 against top 100 RPI teams just isn't good enough.
1/22/2016 7:49 AM
I get that...believe me.

This is more of a complaint about how heavily they favor SOS and what it does for your computer statistics.  My team is more deserving based on that then several teams in the NT....including at larges.  I can EASILY schedule for 25 wins a season but I don't.......maybe I will going forward.

1/22/2016 8:07 AM
The projection report rewards a good schedule, but only if you beat the good teams
1/22/2016 8:07 AM
I agree, this is a win for the projection report (selection committee). RPI in real life has a lot of issues but the way it is in HD is just broken. In D3, you have very little home court advantage, right? The RPI formula, however, takes into account home court advantage... by a lot. So you're rewarded for winning on the road but barely punished for losing on the road. You can manipulate this quite easily.

So while the RPI and SOS is nice to look at and use as a talking point, it doesn't accurately show who the best teams are.
1/22/2016 8:33 AM
Nothing against your team. But since I started playing HD, the projection report is the single best improvement to the game that I've seen. They used to hand out bids and seeding based on RPI, and your squad is a good example of how flawed that system was.
1/23/2016 8:34 AM
Posted by toonarmy on 1/22/2016 8:07:00 AM (view original):
I get that...believe me.

This is more of a complaint about how heavily they favor SOS and what it does for your computer statistics.  My team is more deserving based on that then several teams in the NT....including at larges.  I can EASILY schedule for 25 wins a season but I don't.......maybe I will going forward.

Why don't you point out several of the teams in the NT that you feel you are more deserving than? I don't really see any reason you should be, as everyone else has said, you have 1 win against a decent team and some absolutely atrocious losses.
1/23/2016 9:34 AM
I actually think the projection report is TOO accurate.  Takes away some of the fun knowing you're fate too early.

Anyway, toonarmy, why were you running a slowdown against some of the wimpy teams?  Kept them in the game for no reason and they beat you (Washington and Rochester)?
1/23/2016 9:34 AM
One of the factors in the projection formula is point differential, which is why it works so well. It would be unfair to give the same credit to a team who lost by 2 and another team that lost by 20 to that same team.
1/23/2016 5:09 PM
I remember the day I learned I was fate
1/23/2016 5:45 PM
RPI 30 - SOS 6........No NT....... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.