longshot hiring? Topic

would it be a good idea for WIS to make longshot hiring a real thing.  Basiclly set it up so if your "qualified" as a longshot have that application stay there until the end of the hiring process as a possible candidate and if a more qualified candidate does not apply then the best resume of the longshots gets the job.  

I think this could help some of the hiring process issues with good jobs being ran into the ground.  they could also make it so as a longshot your only allowed to keep yourself eligible for 1 longshot job per full hiring cycle.  This could be done by allowing coaches to apply for only 1 job at a time and unless they are flat out denied they cant apply for another unless they pull their application for the original job. 
1/25/2016 10:11 AM
lol WIS fix an actual problem.... good joke
1/25/2016 10:20 AM
Good idea. That'd be logical. And that little twist could be enough to fix the recruiting problem. Sometimes the longshot stick, I had one stick in over 40 tries.
1/25/2016 12:10 PM
excellent simple suggestion--if no one else applies, you get the job as the longshot candidate. i like it.
1/25/2016 12:33 PM
so the next question would be if most users are in favor of it how would we get that suggestion into the proper hands for possible review and implementation :-) since it seems that site suggestion thru the ticket submittal process doesnt seem to work very well
1/25/2016 2:15 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 1/25/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
so the next question would be if most users are in favor of it how would we get that suggestion into the proper hands for possible review and implementation :-) since it seems that site suggestion thru the ticket submittal process doesnt seem to work very well
it won't happen. no matter what you do, what we do, what we all do. wis won't do anything of any actual use.
1/25/2016 2:20 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/25/2016 2:20:00 PM (view original):
it won't happen. no matter what you do, what we do, what we all do. wis won't do anything of any actual use.
hey, you haven't suffered enough under seble to be so cynical yet ;) the rule is, you have to live through at least one update that almost destroys the game, plus a few years of absolutely no meaningful updates (preferably with a couple useless minor updates that make you wonder if seble is really high or something), and THEN you get to be that cynical :)
1/25/2016 3:04 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/25/2016 3:04:00 PM (view original):
hey, you haven't suffered enough under seble to be so cynical yet ;) the rule is, you have to live through at least one update that almost destroys the game, plus a few years of absolutely no meaningful updates (preferably with a couple useless minor updates that make you wonder if seble is really high or something), and THEN you get to be that cynical :)
I can't call bingo yet for HD, but that paragraph sums up my GD experience pretty accurately. 
1/25/2016 3:18 PM
The cynicism is strong in this one.  And quickly too.

And....unfortunately....right on the mark.

Fix recruit generation.  Actually fire coaches who aren't meeting each school's standards (which could easily be laid out in an e-mail from the AD when they are hired).  Fire more coaches.  Hire new blood in those spots (assuming the new coach is qualified).  Allow pre-loaded recruiting for the first cycle.  Shorten recruiting by a day.  Shorten the job application process by a day.  Get rid of off days during the regular season.  Adjust IQ's up for some incoming freshmen who were coaches kids or are extremely intelligent.  Have a minimum recruiting effort "benchmark" for the elite, stud HS recruits (no more signing them for a mere pittance).  Allow all 3, 4 and 5 star recruits to be recruited nationwide but at local prices.  All regular season conference champions (not division, conference) who don't qualify for the NT via the CT auto bid will be automatically placed in the PIT if they don't receive an NT at-large bid.  As the job apps period gets closer to ending, have the schools cast a wider net.  If a human coach who is qualified (whether longshot or not) applies for the job, give them the job on the last cycle if no better resumes apply.  Add "potentials" to player's IQ's as well.  Very unrealistic that almost everyone can get to an A/A+ level.  Some kids just "don't get it".  There are caps on physical skills, why not mental ones as well?  Do you want a team of really smart, not as physically skilled kids or a team of elite players who can't spell "C-A-T"?

Lots of fairly simple changes, that keeps the general feel of the game we love, while still adding some new dimensions and decisions.  No need to blow up the car when it just needs a small tune-up.

All my humble opinions of course.

1/25/2016 3:27 PM
Good ideas Emy!
1/25/2016 3:38 PM
I agree with everything emy suggested. I'd also suggest that 4-5 star recruits should have some expectation of PT, it seems crazy that you can sign the #1 player in the country and keep him on the bench his entire freshman season and he's cool with it.
1/25/2016 4:03 PM
Love all of those suggestions. I am kind of disappointed that nothing new has come of all of the things sable said were in the works. Seems like it's been a long time.
1/26/2016 12:15 AM
longshot hiring? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.