Giving Away Credits! Topic

Thank you Sir. I hope I can make something out of those two seasons. If Successful it will be in your honor...if not.it was an anonymous booster
2/2/2016 5:27 PM
Stine : Heck of a gentleman! Good luck and come back once they change a bit of stuff here. We need all the owners to stay.
2/2/2016 7:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by colonels19 on 2/3/2016 12:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 2/2/2016 3:39:00 PM (view original):

Gvsujulius           $33         9                       Three D1 teams, trying to build them up. Left a good Washington St team that I got to a Final Four with.

Yanks250125      $28         8                       Took lots of beatings from my OU team. Least I can do.

Dwise89               $28         8                          Military.

Dvsman                $26         7                Asking for 2 seasons. Getting about two seasons.

MonsterTurtl     $24.95   7                          Creative post.

Obituaryconc     $13         6                       Nice write-up, worth a season.

Jmfisc06               $13         5                            Student

Davinchi               $0           4                       Had to decide davinchi, jmfisc06, and bigtexhawk. Gave a slight advantage to jmfisc06.

Bigtexhawk        $0           4                            See above

Rpolzin25             $0           4                                Makes a good case, but too many other good ones.

Sol_phenom3    $0           2                      Short, not sweet enough

Robinsmd            $0           0                          Spelled my username wrong. The amount of times I was called “sitenavy” is staggering.

Bistiza                   $0           0                         Troll

Colonels19          $0           0                       Troll

Joeykw18            $0           -1                     Funny quip at Democrats +1, but I’m a Dem -2

Being your normal bitchmade self...at least you're a consistent chooch
i have to agree. giving away soon-to-expire credits has some limited merit. doing it in such a public fashion - not so much. sitemails would be fine. im really surprised the game admins will do all this stuff, i suspect they were not expecting such a lengthy list of targets. that's probably manual work for them (at least stine get some credit for delaying the update, i guess? if you are in to that sort of thing). 
2/3/2016 1:00 AM
Thanks that's awesome,  I do appreciate it
2/3/2016 6:43 AM
Thanks Stine
2/3/2016 2:24 PM
Thanks Stine, i appreciate
2/3/2016 4:51 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/3/2016 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 1/27/2016 4:03:00 PM (view original):
So I sent a support ticket to WIS and I can transfer credits. I have $165.95 to transfer.

I will give away on a proportional basis. Good responses get a bigger share.

*Eligibility*
  • You must actually need it. Coaches continually making Sweet 16s and above pays for itself.
  • D1 coaches preferred, but not required.
  • More likely to give to people that have more experience, but won't rule out people starting out.
*Task*

Tell me why you should receive credits. Keep it on the shorter end, please. Bonus points if you make fun of gillespie, seble, or colonels. Will accept sitemails, but preferable that your response is posted here. If I decide to give to someone that gives a sitemail I may post that message here anyway.

Will take submissions until Sunday 3 PM EST.

I have to agree with those who are chiding your methods, but mostly because you can't even follow the rules you laid down at the beginning, which I have quoted above.

Nowhere did you mention that someone being military would give them points. Neither did you say being a student would help.

Yet that's not the worst of it.

You also never said there would be any kind of penalties, but then decided to arbitrarily penalize people for everything from spelling your user name wrong to being a "troll" - in other words, someone who dared to disagree with you and you never got over it.

Additionally, you didn't actually rate some people based upon the things you DID list. For example, I provided everything you asked for - including material for "bonus points" that you mention - but you simply gave me zero points in spite of your own guidelines.

No sour grapes here. It's your little show, and I don't really care if I didn't get any credits.

The fact remains when you add it all up, it says your original post above was an out and out lie. Your eligibility was false (I met the qualifications but you dismissed me out of hand), and your task was met by many you dismissed out of hand.

If you told the truth, it would have been this "Pitch me why you should get credits and I will just decide who to give them to whoever based on whatever I wish however I wish."

You can call me a troll if you like because I dared to disagree with you and you never got over it, but I'd rather be honest and be called a troll than to be so dishonest I can't even honor the guidelines I lay down, which is what you did.
wow so much salt I this message I'm suprised anybody has this much time to be this crabby.

Are you seriously mad about him giving credit to a serviceman, those guys put their lives on the line for our country and anything we can do to show our respect is the least we can do. Also he is a serviceman himself so he understands his troubles, while you on the other hand clearly do not. The fact that you brought that up as a bad thing shows your true character.

it's his credits he does what he wants, he shouldn't have to give them to people he doesn't like.
2/3/2016 9:51 PM
Thank you for the credits, you said I had a creative post, I had some fun with that it was the reach the promise land thing that really sold it wasn't it, I felt pretty good about that.
2/3/2016 9:55 PM

This dude gave away HIS money... None of you should be telling him how to spend his own money and/or credits... Damn, the butthurt and childish characters on this forum make me want to leave WiS at times... 

You all need to get laid, and/or find new things in your life to bring joy to it. Some of you are nothing but salty b*stards ALL day long. Do you do anything else with your lives?

2/4/2016 7:16 AM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 2/4/2016 7:16:00 AM (view original):

This dude gave away HIS money... None of you should be telling him how to spend his own money and/or credits... Damn, the butthurt and childish characters on this forum make me want to leave WiS at times... 

You all need to get laid, and/or find new things in your life to bring joy to it. Some of you are nothing but salty b*stards ALL day long. Do you do anything else with your lives?

Second
2/4/2016 11:36 AM
i just dont agree with the public nature, part of many responses was predictably related to financial situations. its just not an appropriate topic for public conversation. unlike bis, i have no sour grapes of being left out. i think he was a bit overboard. but i do think there is a legitimate issue here related to forcing people to make requests publicly. even just asking people to ask you for money seems weird to me personally, but, i guess there's really nothing wrong with it - if it was done via sitemail.
2/4/2016 11:47 AM
stinenavy has been putting me in the poor house for years.  Long time user, and have made the elite eight only twice, and rally just do it for the fun!  I could make fun of those you mention, but if for no other reason then WIS has gotten so much money from me, I would hate to make fun of too many people besides myself!

Besides, I could use a handout to continue playing all twelve worlds!!  This gets expensive!

2/4/2016 2:47 PM
Stine sent me a gift certificate after I sitemailed him. It was a bit embarrassing to ask as I've been struggling for awhile now but he was very respectful of my situation and I appreciate the kind gesture. Kudos to him for helping people.
Just my two cents...
2/4/2016 3:51 PM
Aint it amazing how people will find fault with almost anything?

The wonder of the internet

via con dios stine
2/4/2016 3:58 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Giving Away Credits! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.