Programmers (Job logic) Topic

How tough is it to just change Longshot to = you get it if nobody else applies. If two longshots apply, the best resume gets it.

It would make the game a lot more enjoyable. Why have something that never really works.
1/28/2016 9:04 PM
You should send in a ticket asking this, see what they say
1/28/2016 9:29 PM
odds of getting  a real answer to a ticket suggestion.........."longshot"
1/28/2016 10:16 PM
Well it honestly all depends on how the code was written.  If they had written the code as a stand alone then it would take mere minutes if that, but that is incredibly unlikely.  The challenge is that the code is most likely embedded in the code for something else, say for example how schedules are generated for open slots.  You can go in and find the job logic code and modify it to do what you want, but run a very high risk of messing up everything else that code touches due to references and line numbering (rare but has happened to me)
1/29/2016 9:43 AM
well, some code can be highly interdependent, but it sure seems unlikely to me that HDs job logic would relate to anything else. i would think it would be trivial, but you never know, without seeing the code. the practice planning stuff, seble says he has to rewrite the entire thing to touch anything - im guessing old admin wrote it in a language seble is not comfortable coding in. however, seble already tweaked the job logic significantly, i have to imagine it is something he is comfortable coding in, and would be very easy.

there's always more than coding though, there should be formal QA and release processes, that make development costs for very small tweaks significantly higher than just the development cost. not sure HD uses any processes like that. maybe seble just tests it himself.
1/29/2016 11:18 AM
Thanks Gil, JM, I am thinking it's pretty basic programming. I am not a developer and I know it is not that complicated to fix that annoying problem. Why not do it now? All participants involved are all for it.
1/29/2016 12:14 PM
This is something that I mentioned in another thread under my other ID, but it really does need fixed/tweaked/re-written, whatever you want to term it.  It's a small change but one that could probably do wonders for the morale around here.  But, again, if you make that small change then I believe you HAVE to ramp up the firings as well.  Which of course goes back to the problem of ******* off your long term and "probably" most loyal customers.  That being said, I honestly believe that it's a change that MUST be made to help alleviate the logjam of long term but under performing coaches at the higher and highest levels.
1/29/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by oldave on 1/28/2016 10:16:00 PM (view original):
odds of getting  a real answer to a ticket suggestion.........."longshot"
+1
1/29/2016 1:23 PM
I am ALL for getting rid of longshot all together.  Qualified, Not Qualified, and Step Backwards are enough!
1/29/2016 1:25 PM
Programmers (Job logic) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.