Most free throws made, single game, single player Topic

I'm sure it's happened, but has anyone seen more than 23 free throws made in one game by a single player? 

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=12815929
1/31/2016 11:19 AM
Most I've ever seen
1/31/2016 1:20 PM
wow and in only 15 minutes 
1/31/2016 1:51 PM
The other team was down to 5 players, wonder what would have happened if they lost another. Would they just play with 4 like they do in real life? has that ever happened before?
1/31/2016 8:40 PM
In my PM game today in Knight, my center Ralph Stancil from my LeMoyne team went 22-23.  Weird that those two games happened so close together.
1/31/2016 10:58 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/31/2016 8:40:00 PM (view original):
The other team was down to 5 players, wonder what would have happened if they lost another. Would they just play with 4 like they do in real life? has that ever happened before?
What will happen is the most recent player to foul out will play to make five.  Any personal foul after that, on that player, will result in both free throws and a technical foul with the fouled team receiving the ball back.  The only thing I'm not certain of is whether that fifth player is the last guy to foul out or if it's the player who fouled out immediately before he did.
1/31/2016 11:01 PM
That is the NBA rule emy, is that what HD uses? In RL teams are SOL until there are down to a single player then, interestingly enough, if referees feel like the team with a single player does not have a reasonable chance of winning that team forfeits the game
2/1/2016 12:33 AM
Posted by jmfisc06 on 2/1/2016 12:33:00 AM (view original):
That is the NBA rule emy, is that what HD uses? In RL teams are SOL until there are down to a single player then, interestingly enough, if referees feel like the team with a single player does not have a reasonable chance of winning that team forfeits the game
It's what HD uses as well.  There have been boxscores in the forums before of players with 7 and 8 fouls.  The way it was explained is that the coding for the game won't allow the engine to run with less than five in the game.

I wish Alblack was still here because he would probably remember exactly which team it was, but there was a D3 team many, many, many years ago that had a human owner that had quit but still had seasons left.  His team was nearly all walk-ons and, unfortunately for him, ran a FCP.  There was a player on that team who ended up averaging more than 5.0 fouls per game for the season (something like 5.3).  That team would consistently lose by 90 to 100 points every game.

2/1/2016 1:09 PM
Are these 7 and 8 foul games something that has been seen recently, in the last year or two?  Because I have had 3-4 games in the last year or two in which I have fouled out 7 of the opponent's players, and had several others with 4.  Almost too many to be a coincidence, given that only one extra foul would have left the opponent with 4 or fewer players who weren't fouled out.  

I suspect that at some point there was a sim change such that either a) if a player commits a foul, but would be the 8th player to foul out (leaving only 4 to play), the foul is just assigned to another player who doesn't have 4 or b) the entire game is re-simmed, as many times as needed, until the team committing all the fouls gets through an entire game without 8 players fouling out.  I know at one point one coach had to send in a ticket for a game that never simmed and was told there were "simulation troubles" which were identified with the other team not being able to complete the game without fouling too many guys out.  
2/4/2016 7:04 PM
I'm with you man.  I've seen this situation happen way way way too  many times without the next guy fouling out
2/4/2016 7:48 PM
Add me to the conspiracy as well. 
2/4/2016 8:39 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 2/1/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
It's what HD uses as well.  There have been boxscores in the forums before of players with 7 and 8 fouls.  The way it was explained is that the coding for the game won't allow the engine to run with less than five in the game.

I wish Alblack was still here because he would probably remember exactly which team it was, but there was a D3 team many, many, many years ago that had a human owner that had quit but still had seasons left.  His team was nearly all walk-ons and, unfortunately for him, ran a FCP.  There was a player on that team who ended up averaging more than 5.0 fouls per game for the season (something like 5.3).  That team would consistently lose by 90 to 100 points every game.

It was Molloy in Allen (around season 20) that had a stretch like this.

With no one setting practice time they usually would lose a handful of guys to grades. The sim eventually changed to default new players to 10 minutes of study hall. Fullcourt press with 7-8 eligible players led to a lot of fatigue and a whole lot of fouls.
It wasn't unusual to see them commit 50 fouls in a game, with the opponents shooting 70 or 80 free throws.

If you go back and look at those past rosters they had as many as 11 walk-ons in a season. Rules were eventually put in place that if a human coach didn't recruit then the sim would sign someone.
They also broke the prestige meter as they fell so low a D- at D2 their prestige rolled over to A+, Which I assume was a D3 A+
2/4/2016 9:32 PM
Can you imagine being so bad, that the NCAA moves your school to a DIII school. LOL 
2/5/2016 10:29 AM
Posted by oldwarrior on 2/4/2016 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 2/1/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):

It was Molloy in Allen (around season 20) that had a stretch like this.

With no one setting practice time they usually would lose a handful of guys to grades. The sim eventually changed to default new players to 10 minutes of study hall. Fullcourt press with 7-8 eligible players led to a lot of fatigue and a whole lot of fouls.
It wasn't unusual to see them commit 50 fouls in a game, with the opponents shooting 70 or 80 free throws.

If you go back and look at those past rosters they had as many as 11 walk-ons in a season. Rules were eventually put in place that if a human coach didn't recruit then the sim would sign someone.
They also broke the prestige meter as they fell so low a D- at D2 their prestige rolled over to A+, Which I assume was a D3 A+
Good call OW.  Should have thought about you as a resource as well.
2/6/2016 2:35 PM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 2/5/2016 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Can you imagine being so bad, that the NCAA moves your school to a DIII school. LOL 
I've always said Major League Baseball should take its cue from European soccer and relegate the two worst teams down to Triple-A ball each season and promote the two top AAA clubs. Sure, you might get a situation where the farm club of a team is playing its parent club, but I don't see a problem with it. 

NCAA could do the same in football or basketball -- in addition to the NCAA tournament, you could have post-season relegation games where the losers drop down to D2 ball next season and the Final Four in the D2 tournament come up to play D1. Of course, that plays hell with conference affiliations and such, but also spares a situation where someone like Prairie View could win just two games in three seasons and still be called a D1 program. 
2/6/2016 7:17 PM
12 Next ▸
Most free throws made, single game, single player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.