Study Hall-GPA-IQ? Topic

I understand that a recruit's high school GPA is an indication of the rate of improvement they will make on offense and defense IQ. Is it fair to assume that a higher college GPA will also lead to quicker pace in IQ growths, or high school GPA is an indicator of intelligence and this intelligence never increases and is unrelated to his college GPA?
2/7/2016 6:44 AM
College GPA doesn't tie into anything in this game.  The only goal is to keep it > 2.0 so they don't become ineligible, or > 2.7 for ineligibles so they stay their 5th year (at D1 and D2).

I've always  thought tying college GPA into IQ growth would make some sense but last time I mentioned that it seemed to be a rather unpopular opinion.
2/7/2016 8:46 AM
Ok thanks darnoc......i figured that was the case but really makes no sense that a 17 year old stops his intelligence growth in high school especially when exposed to new ideas and situations provided by college..
2/7/2016 9:55 AM
Posted by taniajane on 2/7/2016 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Ok thanks darnoc......i figured that was the case but really makes no sense that a 17 year old stops his intelligence growth in high school especially when exposed to new ideas and situations provided by college..
you are thinking of the experience of regular college students, not the sports stars ;)

seriously though, college gpa does matter in the future calculation of college gpa. so, that's something, i guess? but that would be all. high school gpa is the only gpa that factors into iq growth, although WE is a bigger factor.
2/7/2016 11:33 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 2/7/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):
College GPA doesn't tie into anything in this game.  The only goal is to keep it > 2.0 so they don't become ineligible, or > 2.7 for ineligibles so they stay their 5th year (at D1 and D2).

I've always  thought tying college GPA into IQ growth would make some sense but last time I mentioned that it seemed to be a rather unpopular opinion.
Doesn't even have to stay above 2.7 at D2, does it?  I might be wrong but I always operated under the assumption that at D2 once a player sat out that first season, you had him for the next four regardless of GPA.  Can anyone verify yay or nay about D2?  D1 is a no doubter about the 2.7.
2/7/2016 11:43 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 2/7/2016 11:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 2/7/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):

Doesn't even have to stay above 2.7 at D2, does it?  I might be wrong but I always operated under the assumption that at D2 once a player sat out that first season, you had him for the next four regardless of GPA.  Can anyone verify yay or nay about D2?  D1 is a no doubter about the 2.7.
In the FAQ it says that in DI ineligible players will have 3 years of eligibility and may be granted a 4th if they maintain a cumulative gpa of 2.7 or higher, but at DII schools ineligible players will have 4 years of eligibility. In both situations they will become eligible at the beginning of their sophomore year, assuming they have a cumulative gpa of 2.0 or higher after their freshman year.

So, I'm almost positive that means at DII they will always be awarded a 4th season independently of their cumulative gpa, unlike DI.
2/8/2016 2:19 AM
Whoops...you guys are right. I wasn't thinking clearly.
2/8/2016 7:50 AM
more study hall for you!
2/8/2016 1:59 PM
It won't help, Darnoc is out of high school so it's too late for him.
pretty poor WE as well
2/9/2016 4:31 PM
Posted by zags27 on 2/9/2016 4:32:00 PM (view original):
It won't help, Darnoc is out of high school so it's too late for him.
pretty poor WE as well
Only because they tried to R/S me as a JR...
2/9/2016 9:19 PM
Study Hall-GPA-IQ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.