Best place to win at D1 Big Six Topic

It seems Syracuse and Colorado are perceived to be the best spots. I wanted to add Miami(Fl) on the list. It's always a good team. Connecticut too. I probably put too many ACC teams in there. I did not know LSU could be good.

As I read through the answers, I remember someone talking about making the top 50 recruits recruitable from everywhere for the same amount of money. It would be a good idea. Scouting the top 50 would cost something : say more than LA or NY states and everyone know they are fair game. It would be fun if they had expectations too. Playing time and starting also.

I think it would make location less important. That sure would fix a problem there. Plus, it would also get the competition going between all top teams... I really like that idea.
2/9/2016 8:25 AM
I would add florida as a primo...really only 2 other serious schools in state (Miami far to the south and FSU far to the north-west) and is some what close to Georgia as well.
2/9/2016 8:34 AM
Why is Syracuse such a desirable position?...Don't they have UConn to battle for NYC?
2/9/2016 11:17 PM
yes including 3/4 of the BigEast plus some ACC and B10 schools could reach for NYC recruits
2/10/2016 10:53 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/9/2016 11:17:00 PM (view original):
Why is Syracuse such a desirable position?...Don't they have UConn to battle for NYC?
UConn and Illinois should be on the list as well. In every league I'm in, those teams have tons of success. I think those two, Kansas, and Cuse are the best places to win at -- Cuse has tons of advantages, esp. with Canadian players.

-Johnsensing
2/10/2016 11:43 AM
I just complied average rank in overall wins, win%, nt bids, nt wins, and nc to see which school has the best overall performance, it might not be an exact 100% replica of most "desirable" schools, but it should be very close.

Connecticut 2.6
Kansas 2.6
Syracuse 3.2
UNC 3.6
UCLA 5.4
Michigan St. 7
Duke 7.4
Texas 7.6
Illinois 9
Stanford 9.8

Other "top" schools are 
Miami 12th(12.6)
LSU 13th (12.8)
Colorado 15th (13.8)
Tamu 17th (17.2)
Oklahoma 18th (19.6)
Florida 19th (19.8)
Georgia Tech 21st (22.8)
2/10/2016 11:44 AM
Problem with using what has happened is that the results can be skewed by one great coach. On the first page, it was noted that UConn had like 28 NTs, but aren't like half of those from OR in Tark? Suddenly it is 14 over how many seasons in the other 9 worlds.
2/10/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 2/10/2016 11:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/9/2016 11:17:00 PM (view original):
UConn and Illinois should be on the list as well. In every league I'm in, those teams have tons of success. I think those two, Kansas, and Cuse are the best places to win at -- Cuse has tons of advantages, esp. with Canadian players.

-Johnsensing
Yeah but what are the advantages others than proximity of Canadian players?
2/10/2016 1:28 PM
Posted by acn24 on 2/10/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Problem with using what has happened is that the results can be skewed by one great coach. On the first page, it was noted that UConn had like 28 NTs, but aren't like half of those from OR in Tark? Suddenly it is 14 over how many seasons in the other 9 worlds.
12 from oldresorter 16 from the rest.  All of the top schools are going to be skewed because of one coach or two.  thats why I think NT wins is the best metric overall to rank them.
2/10/2016 2:04 PM
are some from the early stages of WIS? when less competition?
2/10/2016 4:42 PM
Posted by taniajane on 2/10/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):
are some from the early stages of WIS? when less competition?
hes got 11 (sim had one before d1 tark grew up). he had the gold-standard setting 3 peat early in his time there, as part of a 5 title in 8 year run, which was considered at worst one of the best accomplishments of all time, for ages. i presume it still is? so yes, that was when tark was young, which is why that run doesn't rank as high on the dynasty lists i run, which factor in world strength. early tark's race to the top was quite competitive, so don't read too much into that. he has also won plenty there while tark was one of the most competitive d1 worlds in HD. the reason for the decrease in dominance, i don't think is much about the difficulty or the world being young, just that he plays much more casually today. he still has great programs (a whole lot of them), but if you watch him recruit, its obvious he is not fighting for dominance, just casually enjoying the game. no doubt if he turned it up, he'd be a top coach of the era in no time.
2/10/2016 10:07 PM
uhhhhh...the best place to win is wherever the **** I happen to be, yo.
2/11/2016 2:46 AM
◂ Prev 12
Best place to win at D1 Big Six Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.