Logic behind that prestige Topic

Posted by jjwarden on 3/31/2016 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nc2457829305 on 3/29/2016 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/28/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
i don't want to get into the "is baseline prestige good" argument, and i generally fall in the middle on this issue anyway (meaning i agree it needs to be adjusted and i agree it should stay part of the game).

but, i do want to make one point. the national championship appearance in question is from season 31. its currently season 84, thats a 53 season difference, in a 1/day world. that's approximately 7 years ago! prestige has changed multiple times between then and now, so we can't use that to reject today's setup. we could use it as a data point, to see how much things have changed, if we can find teams from now and then with extremely similar resumes - i think that would be interesting, if someone wanted to look at that.
FWIW, they "floated" prestige in about season 30 of Naismith, and it hasn't changed a heck of a lot since. Not sure exact season, so if this is Naismith, it's possible he went the exact season before they floated it, and got screwed, but I think that's unlikely. I think he was probably the highest B+ possible, and his conference sucked, so he had nothing to pull/push him up to an A- or A.
im with you, im pretty sure that event was after the floating prestige change - otherwise, he wouldnt have gotten so high. however, there have been i believe two more tweaks to d1 prestige since floating prestige, and at least 1. i agree, they haven't been huge changes, but still, they haven't been meaningless. i just think its not fair to point to this ancient example, which under today's standards may very well have a different result, and say the system needs to be fixed. there are plenty of outrageous examples to choose from, you know, from this era :) thats all im getting at.
whoops, that was me, i coach maryland with jj... i didnt mean to post as him, i accidentally post as a co-coach sometimes but AFAIK ive always caught it immediately, and deleted / re-posted as my self. my apologies...
4/1/2016 2:53 PM
It took me a moment to figure out what the hell AFAIK meant, lol.
4/1/2016 8:00 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 4/1/2016 8:00:00 PM (view original):
It took me a moment to figure out what the hell AFAIK meant, lol.
What does "AFAIK" mean?
4/1/2016 8:04 PM
As far as i know.
4/1/2016 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 12
Logic behind that prestige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.